British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

End of season can't come quick enough now for the bees. Need some brave and positive signings for 2017.

The promotion need to put some thought into it instead of rushing into it.

• Like 1

I can't see wholesale changes- Only 2 or 3 changes needed, Its just consistency that needs to be improved. KK and King have had good seasons, Harris has been ok but not being in gp's will be so good for him next year. Garrity has never really got going, looked injured then got injured, came back well for 3 weeks and then got injured. next year I guess like with what Gemini said.. he will get injured. Bates, Woryna and Sarj have on certain occasions done ok, others have been totally out of there depth. out of the 3 I think Bates should be back.

KK- Yes (if Poole don't have him)

Garrity-Yes

King-Yes

Woryna ?

Harris -Yes

Bates-Yes

Sarj ?

• Like 1

I can't see wholesale changes- Only 2 or 3 changes needed, Its just consistency that needs to be improved. KK and King have had good seasons, Harris has been ok but not being in gp's will be so good for him next year. Garrity has never really got going, looked injured then got injured, came back well for 3 weeks and then got injured. next year I guess like with what Gemini said.. he will get injured. Bates, Woryna and Sarj have on certain occasions done ok, others have been totally out of there depth. out of the 3 I think Bates should be back.

KK- Yes (if Poole don't have him)

Garrity-Yes

King-Yes

Woryna ?

Harris -Yes

Bates-Yes

Sarj ?

Think we need a consistent heat header. Can't see the pole being back, didn't do a lot to think he's worth a place.

Let's not forget we came nearly bottom, so I think we need so big changes.

Edited by Bees_Man
  • Like 1

Oh dear that's a shame but with his style of riding he seems very injury prone. :neutral:

Got it in one. An injury on a bike. It might look exciting seeing him pull all these weird moves but that is not the way to do it. Its just asking for a crash or injury.

Unless he sorts out his riding style, just like Bridger, he will only go so far. And personally I think he has got as far as he is going to go unless he learns to ride a bike correctly.

• Like 2

Think we need a consistent heat header. Can't see the pole being back, didn't do a lot to think he's worth a place.

Let's not forget we came nearly bottom, so I think we need so big changes.

Yes good job Leicester were there to prop us up

I'd keep these four. Danny, Chris, Josh and Jason ~ with fingers crossed he has an injury free season. No Woryna or Sarjeant and it's pretty obvious KK will choose Poole over Coventry.

• Like 1

Got it in one. An injury on a bike. It might look exciting seeing him pull all these weird moves but that is not the way to do it. Its just asking for a crash or injury.

Unless he sorts out his riding style, just like Bridger, he will only go so far. And personally I think he has got as far as he is going to go unless he learns to ride a bike correctly.

Kyle Newman has looked out of control at times in his last few meetings as well Steve & guess that's also why he has been injured so much over the years?.

• Like 3

Kyle was awful on sky meeting this week locking up all over the place, but Garrity often steps over the line with some of his over riding and taking riders out.

• Like 1

Hoping KK wants to stay here. Would like us to try and get Fricke somehow

I think someone has said Fricke wants too much money. :neutral:

Too much money according to Horton?? Which means prob what he is worth! Poor Max BV who people have said have financial worries or Coventry who a rider has supposedly said may or may not owe him money. What a choice! 😩

Probably best to not take as gospel 'what people have said'.

• Like 3

Hoping KK wants to stay here. Would like us to try and get Fricke somehow

Might well have favoured Poole if he had qualified for GPs - hopefully now he'll return to The Hive for 2017

If rumours are true then he's not getting paid at Belle Vue at the moment anyway due to financial problems. Fricke is in the pits at Brandon will the Coventry team at most meetings this season so has a good relationship with us.

As for Coventry owing riders money, don't you think Hans & JK would have been the first to come out and say so if that was the case? Hans was always very vocal about what Swindon owed him. The fact Larsen posted about £2000 that he thinks Coventry owe him from 4years ago and then deleted it straight away is odd.

Edited by mdmc82