British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Matt Ford is certainly way out in front of most promoters in many things - but certainly not the first to supply a doctor's certificate (as required by the rules) in support of a rider's absence!! :icon_smile_clown::drink:

I'll agree with you on that one.

The difference is that when the Bees used doctors notes for Shamek in 2010 Ford wouldn't accept the situation, and we all remember what ensued.

It's all very different when Cecil wants to use the loophole though. :D

• Like 6

Matt Ford is certainly way out in front of most promoters in many things - but certainly not the first to supply a doctor's certificate (as required by the rules) in support of a rider's absence!! :icon_smile_clown::drink:

BEEN going on since the old king died ... plenty of them flying around in the old Newport days when plenty didn't fancy riding there.

• Like 1

Once upon a time a Doctors certificate was not necessary because all excuses were genuine .....

• Like 5

From the Bees website

"2016 COVENTRY team member Danny King will be the next guest of the NSSC on Thursday November 19 (8pm).

The meeting takes place at the club's new venue: Brandon Club. Main St, Brandon. CV8 3HW

Coventry supremo Mick Horton also intends to come along to answer your questions later in the evening.

Adam ("Griller") Roynon will again be firing off the questions mixed with plenty of light hearted banter."

We hope to see you there.

Will Mick be announcing any new riders?

Try asking Mick who is on the Heat Leader list.

• Like 1

From the Bees website

"2016 COVENTRY team member Danny King will be the next guest of the NSSC on Thursday November 19 (8pm).

The meeting takes place at the club's new venue: Brandon Club. Main St, Brandon. CV8 3HW

Coventry supremo Mick Horton also intends to come along to answer your questions later in the evening.

Adam ("Griller") Roynon will again be firing off the questions mixed with plenty of light hearted banter."

We hope to see you there.

Will Mick be announcing any new riders?

Yes Summers Jamrog and Robson

• Like 1

BEEN going on since the old king died ... plenty of them flying around in the old Newport days when plenty didn't fancy riding there.

What a track Somerton Park was ,I remember seeing the Bees ride there in the early 70's there were more bumps and holes in that track than anything I have ever seen .The bees had Booey and (guest for Garry Middleton )the late Kevin Holden.

Newport had Phil Crump who was magnificent and I think Neil street Jim tebby and Roy trigg.

We lost 50 odd to 20 odd happy days Ole just around the corner to rescue us .

• Like 1

What a track Somerton Park was ,I remember seeing the Bees ride there in the early 70's there were more bumps and holes in that track than anything I have ever seen .The bees had Booey and (guest for Garry Middleton )the late Kevin Holden.

Newport had Phil Crump who was magnificent and I think Neil street Jim tebby and Roy trigg.

We lost 50 odd to 20 odd happy days Ole just around the corner to rescue us .

THE shape was pretty unusual too. Malcolm Simmons had a few 'breakdowns' en route to Somerton Park.

THE shape was pretty unusual too. Malcolm Simmons had a few 'breakdowns' en route to Somerton Park.

I well remember" Speedy Pete Jarman " hated the place too. :D

The Newport was 4 straights and 4 corners. Gaters paradise with no passing unless you did it in the straights. Enjoyed Torby Harrysson there.

Come on Watson, tell your boss Horton to get his Arse* in gear and get Garrity signed up !

Hope you can imagine the backlash you will get if he signs anywhere else but Coventry.

Coventry need Garrity more than Garrity needs Cov !

• Like 3

I'll agree with you on that one.

The difference is that when the Bees used doctors notes for Shamek in 2010 Ford wouldn't accept the situation, and we all remember what ensued.

It's all very different when Cecil wants to use the loophole though. :D

Totally different scenario. Matt Ford wouldn't accept it because it was a con - later admitted by Rosco - which caused a major falling out between them, which has now fortunately healed! :wink: