British Speedway Forum

A PL draft would mean no Castagna or Sissis at reserve....

A PL draft would mean no Castagna or Sissis at reserve....

Surely that depends on how many draft riders there is per team

is there enough to use two per team....i dont think there is,id struggle to pick enough to have one to be honest

is there enough to use two per team....i dont think there is,id struggle to pick enough to have one to be honest

But then if there's only one won't they all end up like Somerset's number 7 this year by being continually taken out of rides, only given 3 rides and given the hardest heats.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly on the subject, I just don't see there been the right sort of numbers to allow enough for two per team.

• Like 1

It depends how high the draft starts. And what you're thinking it purpose is. Brig on young Brits? Force out foreignors? As I see it Berwick need a rider, Glasgow need a rider, Newcastle 2, Peterborough 1 if you make Lambert a draft rider, Plymouth 2, Redcar 1 (assuming Roynon is a draft rider), Scunny 1 (assuming Wilkinson is one), Sheffield 1 (assuming Bates), Workington 1. So 11, 12 if you think Starke on 6.00 is pushing it. In addition theres Ben Wilson, James Wright, Lewis Rose and Adam Ellis so you need 8 NL riders. So Wajknecht, Perry, Carr, Ritchings, Williamson, Morleys, Shanes, Ayres, Stokes, Halsey, Payne and Mountain give you a few spares.

i believe number 7 will be NL, ie williamson for scunny along with a brit at 6.so maybe wilko partnering, maybe over a 5 average maybe too high so it could be wilson.domt know how the format would be, like el? reserve races?

Just spent 5 minutes or so putting together this list:

Adam Ellis

Zach Wajknecht

Tom Perry

Sam Chapman

Liam Carr

Ryan Blacklock

Dan Greenwood

Darryl Ritchings

Martin Knuckey

Max Clegg

Matt Williamson

Ellis Perks

Nathan Greaves

Arron Mogridge

Bradley Wilson-Dean

Ben Hopwood

Marc Owen

Daniel Spiller

Ben Morley

James Shanes

Danny Ayres

Aaron Baseby

Tom Stokes

Shane Hazelden

Jake Knight

Josh Bailey

Danny Halsey

Connor Mountain

Kyle Hughes

Luke Priest

Luke Chessell

Brendan Johnson

Lee Payne

Danny Phillips

Oliver Greenwood

I’ve probably missed a few names as well.

I think there’s plenty of riders for a draft system.

All the best

Rob

Just spent 5 minutes or so putting together this list:

Adam Ellis

Zach Wajknecht

Tom Perry

Sam Chapman

Liam Carr

Ryan Blacklock

Dan Greenwood

Darryl Ritchings

Martin Knuckey

Max Clegg

Matt Williamson

Ellis Perks

Nathan Greaves

Arron Mogridge

Bradley Wilson-Dean

Ben Hopwood

Marc Owen

Daniel Spiller

Ben Morley

James Shanes

Danny Ayres

Aaron Baseby

Tom Stokes

Shane Hazelden

Jake Knight

Josh Bailey

Danny Halsey

Connor Mountain

Kyle Hughes

Luke Priest

Luke Chessell

Brendan Johnson

Lee Payne

Danny Phillips

Oliver Greenwood

I’ve probably missed a few names as well.

I think there’s plenty of riders for a draft system.

All the best

Rob

Another thing that concerns me with a draft situation is that I presume those riders will still be allowed to ride in National League as well.

If so how will the decisions be made over any fixture clashes, we would be making the situation of the excessive use of Guest riders which fans are already concerned about.

I would prefer to see a British Junior assessed average for young British riders signing for Premier League of say 2.5 points, and if clubs sign a further British Junior rider that reduces to 2 point starting average for both riders.

I think if you make it attractive to Promoters to use young British riders rather than cheap sub standard foreign riders I think we will be more successful.

Maybe this subject is worth a thread of its own.

• Like 1

By all means spin king start the thread I'm sure there will be plenty of interest in it

Adam Ellis

Zach Wajknecht

Tom Perry

Sam Chapman

Liam Carr

Ryan Blacklock

Dan Greenwood

Darryl Ritchings

Martin Knuckey

Max Clegg

Matt Williamson

Ellis Perks

Nathan Greaves

Arron Mogridge

Bradley Wilson-Dean

Ben Hopwood

Marc Owen

Daniel Spiller

Ben Morley

James Shanes

Danny Ayres

Aaron Baseby

Tom Stokes

Shane Hazelden

Jake Knight

Josh Bailey

Danny Halsey

Connor Mountain

Kyle Hughes

Luke Priest

Luke Chessell

Brendan Johnson

Lee Payne

Danny Phillips

Oliver Greenwood

- - - -

Whilst I understand that the above list would naturally (hopefully?) improve with more regular PL racing, only the riders I've bolded above could I genuinely see being competitive at this level. Maybe my lack of real interest in the NL is clouding my views here, but I don't think any of the rest either have the talent, ambition or the resources or even all three,to make it in this league. Some of them have been going for a while too.

I'll be interested to see once the draft has finished in the EL whether there is any real improvement in the likes of Sarjeant, Starke, Wright etc, or whether the draft has just been enhancing their ability due to the odd race format.

You obviously haven't seen Matt Williamson he's been less than competitive at scunny but he is a trier and always shows up

You obviously haven't seen Matt Williamson he's been less than competitive at scunny but he is a trier and always shows up

Granted, but that doesn't win points. You've admitted that he's less than competitive so maybe he just isn't good enough yet.

Granted, but that doesn't win points. You've admitted that he's less than competitive so maybe he just isn't good enough yet.

Matt was doing just fine for Workington, would happily see him back next year. He bagged a paid 10 plus a few 5s and 6s so was doing his bit for sure and being competitive.

On the subject of Sheffield though I hope Steady returns for you, love to watch him in full flow

Yep seen his scores at worky don't think scunny suits him he tends to ride one line which is no good at the ewr as they just ride round you

Ty Proctor, whose best equipment is still in England, won round 9 of the Heffernan Series at Kurri, ahead of Mason Campton and Tyler King. Taylor Poole was 6th. The final round, worth double points, is this weekend, with Mason leading from Ty.