British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Edinburgh - 27 September 2015 League Cup Final

Only in excess of £1.5m

No credit to Edinburgh for winning the cup......well?

Haha, was waiting for that figure to be lazily trotted out. That money was to buy the land (a shrewd investment as land prices never go down) and to re-develop the stadium and install floodlights (which will last a long time). Nothing to do with the money spent on promoting, meeting presentation and providing entertainment, which, as stated in the Speedway Star a couple of weeks ago, is already reaping dividends as they are reaching break even point.

• Like 3

Haha, was waiting for that figure to be lazily trotted out. That money was to buy the land (a shrewd investment as land prices never go down) and to re-develop the stadium and install floodlights (which will last a long time). Nothing to do with the money spent on promoting, meeting presentation and providing entertainment, which, as stated in the Speedway Star a couple of weeks ago, is already reaping dividends as they are reaching break even point.

Lazily ... Spot on. Can't put a decent post out so state the obvious.

No matter how much money we spend on a team, we're restricted by Sunday race day and have the same points limit as every other team ...... Doh!

• Like 1

No credit to Edinburgh for winning the cup......well?

I did that in the bar on Sunday after the meeting

• Like 4

Geez... that was a bad hangover, im going sober for october, november and maybe december.

I need to stop calling Weedot a granny when it should be great granny it was nice to see 4 generations of your family there on sunday and the newest tiger fan is a wee smasher.

Edited by baba
  • Like 1

Geez... that was a bad hangover, im going sober for october, november and maybe december.

I need to stop calling wee dot a granny when it should be great granny it was nice to see 4 generations there on sunday and the newest tiger fan is a wee smasher.

PMSL!

I wasn't laughing on monday morning George, had splashes of chicken chasni over my trainers. Think I got kooi noor'd or maybe it was a dodgy bottle of kingfisher.

• Like 2

I wasn't laughing on monday morning George, had splashes of chicken chasni over my trainers. Think I got kooi noor'd or maybe it was a dodgy bottle of kingfisher.[/quote

I. Bet you had some hangover lol

I need to stop calling Weedot a granny when it should be great granny it was nice to see 4 generations of your family there on sunday and the newest tiger fan is a wee smasher.

that makes me feel older lol

Getting older is something some of us do gracefully and you ain't doing to bad for being a greatgran lol.

• Like 1

waited a few days before posting, still disappointed. After hearing Gerry facenna's rallying speech I thought we're gonna do this. Then 60 seconds later it was all over! so well done to Moanrchs.

However, disappointed that some think monarchs took there foot of the gas. if that was the case why bring in Branford for Garcia, why did cook burst a gut trying to pass Nick in heat 15 before knocking him of even though they would have won the match if he'd stayed in 3rd.

Got to mention the Svein Kaasa ceremony brilliantly done and the crowd were superb with the minutes applause - the crowd must have been the biggest ever - it was difficult to walk round the stadium and the stand was full.

finally well done to the dj for playing we are the champions when the monarchs were showing the trophy to there fans, some tracks don't even allow a lap of honour when the away team wins.

Looking forward to next Sunday and hopefully we qualify for next stage of play-offs.

• Like 5

waited a few days before posting, still disappointed. After hearing Gerry facenna's rallying speech I thought we're gonna do this. Then 60 seconds later it was all over! so well done to Moanrchs.

However, disappointed that some think monarchs took there foot of the gas. if that was the case why bring in Branford for Garcia, why did cook burst a gut trying to pass Nick in heat 15 before knocking him of even though they would have won the match if he'd stayed in 3rd.

Got to mention the Svein Kaasa ceremony brilliantly done and the crowd were superb with the minutes applause - the crowd must have been the biggest ever - it was difficult to walk round the stadium and the stand was full.

finally well done to the dj for playing we are the champions when the monarchs were showing the trophy to there fans, some tracks don't even allow a lap of honour when the away team wins.

Looking forward to next Sunday and hopefully we qualify for next stage of play-offs.

Sorry but whilst the foot wasn't off the gas completely it certainly wasn't flat to the floor once the cup was won, proven by the fact that Glasgow's first heat advantage in heat 9 was the race that made it mathematically impossible for them to win, Monarchs needed a second place and got it. After that the pressure was off the Glasgow riders as well so they relaxed a bit and improved but I have no doubt had there been league points on offer we would have won.

A great day out and a fantastic Monarchs support on the 4th bend. The chant of "Are you sergeant in disguise" when there was a false start in the kids vs the mascot running race summing up the jovial atmosphere.

Big congratulations to Glasgow and their new promoters on the advances they have made off the track.

Edited by scotchopper
  • Like 3

Sorry but whilst the foot wasn't off the gas completely it certainly wasn't flat to the floor once the cup was won, proven by the fact that Glasgow's first heat advantage in heat 9 was the race that made it mathematically impossible for them to win, Monarchs needed a second place and got it. After that the pressure was off the Glasgow riders as well so they relaxed a bit and improved but I have no doubt had there been league points on offer we would have won.

A great day out and a fantastic Monarchs support on the 4th bend. The chant of "Are you sergeant in disguise" when there was a false start in the kids vs the mascot running race summing up the jovial atmosphere.

Big congratulations to Glasgow and their new promoters on the advances they have made off the track.

Maybe because the destination of the cup was pretty much decided after the first leg , but that was the best atmosphere at a Tigers v Monarchs meeting I've enjoyed for a long time .

• Like 3

All round it was a great day, and the promotion put on a well planned and executed show fitting of both sides that said "hey Edinburgh might have won but let's put on a show for the Monarchs fans that turned up even if Glasgow have lost". Any neutrals or newbies must have been impressed.

As for the foot off the gas comment by one Edinburgh poster.

Yes I was one of the first on here to respond to it, but did so in the hope it would be shot down there and then as the whole meeting deserved to be recognised and remembered on BSF rather than be overshadowed by one throwaway wind-up comment by someone who most probably wasn't even at the meeting (going by previous posts).

Foot off the gas or not, it was a well deserved victory by Edinburgh, a great show by both sets of riders on the track and a suitable event in recognition of a cup final by the promotion off it.

Edited by george.m

All round it was a great day, and the promotion put on a well planned and executed show fitting of both sides that said "hey Edinburgh might have won but let's put on a show for the Monarchs fans that turned up even if Glasgow have lost". Any neutrals or newbies must have been impressed.

As for the foot off the gas comment by one Edinburgh poster.

Yes I was one of the first on here to respond to it, but did so in the hope it would be shot down there and then as the whole meeting deserved to be recognised and remembered on BSF rather than be overshadowed by one throwaway wind-up comment by someone who most probably wasn't even at the meeting (going by previous posts).

Foot off the gas or not, it was a well deserved victory by Edinburgh, a great show by both sets of riders on the track and a suitable event in recognition of a cup final by the promotion off it.

It was Dekker so taking that into account no probably about it and i think i can say with accuracy he was not at the meeting just his usual half hearted attempt at a wind up.

• Like 2