British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Kent Kings 2016

Why would the current promotion gamble on running EL at kent when they have only one year left on the current planning deal. I still reckon it could be a current EL side who might be homeless next season moving to Central Park.

Boxall no chance.

Why no chance of Boxall?

• Like 1

Why no chance of Boxall?

He's too old, he could only be used as a standby like Wilko (he isn't on the list anyway).

Boxall was eligible to be drafted this year, had a spell in the Lakeside squad too I believe.

But don't forget that he is one of Len's golden boys and has had dozen's of chances from Silver when nobody else would give him one. Add in that he is a bit of a cult hero with the Kent fans and I think he could be a cert if the FTR stays?

Plus don't forget that Len has no / limited imagination when it comes to picking a team hence a succession of pants teams.

• Like 1

But don't forget that he is one of Len's golden boys and has had dozen's of chances from Silver when nobody else would give him one. Add in that he is a bit of a cult hero with the Kent fans and I think he could be a cert if the FTR stays?

Plus don't forget that Len has no / limited imagination when it comes to picking a team hence a succession of pants teams.

I'd sincerely hope he's not part of the draft list for next season, completely goes against the purpose of it.

• Like 1

Why not James Shanes, He is a Kent asset and only 18,a season in the national league as number 1 and a second string FTR could do him wonders In fact if Newman, Worrall, and Garrity are moved into the main body of their teams I don't see many beating Morley at Central Park, maybe Lewis Kerr and Simon Lambert

I understand they wouldn't score heavily away, I'd be happy with any with a Kent connection, including Ayres, Lambert or Boxhall

• Like 1

Why not James Shanes, He is a Kent asset and only 18,a season in the national league as number 1 and a second string FTR could do him wonders In fact if Newman, Worrall, and Garrity are moved into the main body of their teams I don't see many beating Morley at Central Park, maybe Lewis Kerr and Simon Lambert

I understand they wouldn't score heavily away, I'd be happy with any with a Kent connection, including Ayres, Lambert or Boxhall

Kerr will potentially be in the same boat as Garrity/Newman and moved out of the draft positions. Lambert's inclusion in the draft originally was ludicrous, he's reached his level and is nearer 30 than 20, as with Boxall he shouldn't be getting another year as a draft reserve.

Kerr will potentially be in the same boat as Garrity/Newman and moved out of the draft positions. Lambert's inclusion in the draft originally was ludicrous, he's reached his level and is nearer 30 than 20, as with Boxall he shouldn't be getting another year as a draft reserve.

Personally, I think the ftr1 should be under 25 and ftr2 should be under 21, which would allow for ben morley and james shanes, but as its not the rule, I would like someone with a kent connection

As said, they are my preferred choice

• Like 1

Oh for the days when a good percentage of the team was made up of local talent hey, Ipswich have a been a prime example of that in the past.

• Like 1

Oh for the days when a good percentage of the team was made up of local talent hey, Ipswich have a been a prime example of that in the past.

Which to some extent is what the draft is trying to do.

Just been chatting to my dad about Swindon and their end of an era meeting (and mainly how crap and uninspiring their line up is) and Swindon teams over the years. Swindon have, I'm sure they'll agree, generally had pretty crap teams. Taking 40 years to win a title proves that to some extent. But Swindon always had a lynch pin number 1, Briggs, Ashby, Crump, Adams. What Swindon then always had was a load of locals, maybe not the best, maybe not World beaters (although Ashby and Kilby had a good at times) but good honest, local lads. Thats what placated the locals who could accept not winning because they were seeing that lad they had watched all his career build his way up.

It's nice to see someone at the top who you once saw at the bottom. Chris Harris winning Cardiff, I saw him as a CL/NL reserve. Tai Woffinden becoming World Champion? I saw him as a CL reserve too. Chris Holder (he's Aussie I know!)? I was saw his PL debut (he was crap in his first ride and I wonder what all the hype was about. Then I saw him have a few superb rides). Even Ben Barker, I remember seeing him at Newport training schools. Or Jordan Frampton, not a big name but I loved watching him for Coventry so much more as I remember seeing him in a second half meeting at Newport. I love seeing Kyle Newman do well, why? Because I saw him as a 15 year old scrap the fence at Somerset to win a race in a second half. Seeing someone who is not a name, and making a mental note of that name so that when they start doing it in the EL is for me, one of the things I enjoy. Harry McGurk is my next, I can't wait to see what he does in the future off the back of an U15 round last year, I loved watching him and his brother Sam. Give me more of these than you Jan Graversens, Danny Maassens and Rafal Konopka who add about as much to British speedway as rain!

Edited by SCB

Lambo reached his level?! He is arguably PB rider of the year lol.

Lambo reached his level?! He is arguably PB rider of the year lol.

If you look passed Robert Lambert, Ulrich Ostergaard, Lewis Blackbird, Michael Palm Toft and Anders Thomsen then yes he is! :D

He's too old, he could only be used as a standby like Wilko (he isn't on the list anyway).

Boxall at his best and on good machinery is good enough for number 2 or 4 in the EL. Absolute Kent legend and a must have in our side at any level above NL.

• Like 1