British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

18.10.15 Dutch Open Lelystad

On the 18th of october Lelystad will stage the Dutch Open championship of 2015. 30 riders have signup sofar:

1. Henry van der Steen
3. Sjoerd Rozenberg
6. Lars Zandvliet
11. Buddy Prijs
12. Henk Bos
16. Kelvin Bos
24. Kelly Velda
25. Nick Lourens
33. Mark Helmhout
44. Henk Koonstra
45. Anne Spaan
46. Sandro Wassermann (DE)
47. Geert Bruinsma
48. Steven Mauer (DE)
49. Dominik Möser (DE)
50. Martin Hansen (DK)
51. Niclas Nielsen (DK)
52. Arslan Fayzulin (RU)
53. Onno Rykena (DE)
54. Sascha Stumpe (DE)
55. Mathias Bartz (DE)
56. Kevin Glorie
57. Maja Aamund (DK)
58. Mark Frimuth (DK)
59. Patrik Bjerregaard (DK)
60. Jason Jorgensen (DK)
61. Ferry Mulder
63. Dave Meijerink
84. Romano Hummel
99. Mika Meijer

I think this is awesome that so many riders are interested in racing in The Netherlands, and especially because there is (sadly) no money to pay the riders. The riders will be split in an A and B group.

If there are any riders on this forum and fancy a little weekend away please send me a PM asap :) Lelystad is very close to Amsterdam so perfect to see our capital as well ;) So a perfect season finisher I think :)

My wife and I and our young (at the time) children holidayed in Lelystad in 1983. Not much there then. The next year we went to Middelharnis which was rather nice. We do have rather a soft spot for the Netherlands and Belgian Flanders.

It would be good if this meeting was well supported :t: .

My wife and I and our young (at the time) children holidayed in Lelystad in 1983. Not much there then.

I'm surprised there was anything there in 1983 as Lelystad as only recently been developed into something approaching a town. The Flevopolder is still a pretty dull place though, but luckily quite close to Amsterdam.

It was pretty remote although the new town was being built. We had a unit on a holiday park booked through Olau Line, sailing from Sheerness to Vlissingen.

I thought The Hague was the capital or is my brain addled from watching the speedway tonight and the other 2 Manchester teams in the champions league at the same time in the pub

I thought The Hague was the capital or is my brain addled from watching the speedway tonight and the other 2 Manchester teams in the champions league at the same time in the pub

The Hague is the seat of government, but Amsterdam is the capital. Typical Dutch compromise...

• Like 1

Still looking for a programme from Lelystad if any kind-hearted forum members are going..........

This event is sadly cancelled due to the bad weather during the past days.

This event is sadly cancelled due to the bad weather during the past days.

That's a shame...must be some heavy waterlogging though.

That's a shame...must be some heavy waterlogging though.

All those tears cried after they didn't make the European Football Finals :rofl:

• Like 1

Like it iris, like it.

I was looking at all the photos of Lelystad on Google images. The place has changed dramatically since i was there in 1983.

The event will be restaged on 08.11.2015 :)

Why not just do it as a Santa Claus Open in Dec! = )

• Like 1

The event will be restaged on 08.11.2015 :)

result:

1 Jason Jorgensen (Den) 15+3+3

2 Theo Pijper 14+3+2

3 Tim Sorensen (Den) 11+2+1

4 Mark Fr. Pedersen (Den) 8+2+0

5 Pascal Swart 12+0

6 Seb. Mortensen(Den) 10+1

7 Romano Hummel 10+1

8 Nick Lourens 9+0

Full results here: http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/118/onk-speedway-lelystad.html

Very well run and positive event. The event was run very quickly (check the times) with some great racing. Very impressed by the group of young Danes that came over. They seem to loved it and will come back in the future, even for just a practice day. The KNMV (Dutch fed) was very happy with it, and we had no complains or whatever from anyone. The Lelystad club has now some new people in the organisation, including me, and we are working hard on getting the speedway back on track. New plans are made and we look forward to 2016 :)

• Like 2