British Speedway Forum

So if Buck is a heat leader and Hans is on the list then surely thats 2 of Pooles 3 heat leader spots? Holder then must be the other you would think. Wonder why he hasnt signed yet?

My money is on Davey watt who although a fairly high average will probably be graded as a second string. Personally think the heat leader list is another in a long line of rules that are ill conceived at best.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

You are correct Lisa -

"PIRATES chief Matt Ford made a shock move for Krzysztof Buczkowski and then insisted: "He can beat anybody in the Elite League."

Polish international Buczkowski has joined on a season-long loan from Peterborough and is set to assume a heat-leader berth with the reigning champions.

The 29-year-old, who possesses a 6.48 average, takes his place alongside Hans Andersen,Kyle Newman and Adam Ellis in the 2016 septet.

And while Ford admitted Buczkowski's switch would come as a surprise to some, he stressed that the 29-year-old would deliver in the skull and crossbones.

Ford told the Daily Echo: "There is always a move that comes from the left field by us, one rider who the fans don't necessarily know I'm interested in, and Buczkowski is certainly that rider for next season.

"He will start in a heat-leader berth and I think he will remain there."

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/14026378.Speedway__Buczkowski_makes_shock_Pirates_loan_switch/

My post about Buzz being a heat leader was based on Matt's comments in this article - which was published as was the signing, AFTER the resumed AGM, when any/all outstanding issues re the rules and regs were presumably sorted?!

The earlier BSPA statement only refers to clubs having a maximum of 3 riders from their Heat Leader list!! If for example, a club only selects 1 from that list, it doesn't mean they will only go with one heat leader - they will still have 3 (riding at 1,3 and 5) which will be determined by their listed averages, as will the 2nd strings.

The only other published info from the BSPA is reference any new untried foreign riders (of heat leader standard?) who will be assessed at 6.50 and added to the BSPA list. (Although this did come out after Part 1 of the AGM and MAY have been changed in the AGM Part 2?! We don't know.

Edited by Skidder1

Oh, I didn't realise Brady wouldn't be riding in PL!!! Fair play to him. Hope he's got some rides abroad.

I've probably missed it, but what makes you say that?

Holder's average is 7.47 at the end of last season or it could be 7.83 not sure which one it is. So we could have either 7.76 or 7.40 to work with. So Watt is not coming back because we waste about a point. I'm saying that Matt picks up someone from left field. Emil Sayfutdinov or Antonio Lindback?????

Until the heat leader list is announced we cannot really say who is going to be where.............and I thought that the statement that Buzz was a heat leader was retracted on the Poole website.............or was I imagining that..........

RP

If I'm right in saying the Poole side currently has Holder, Andersen, Buczkowski, Kurtz, Newman and Ellis, that is shaping up as a formidable side.

I can only see improvement (on last season) in all 6 of the aforementioned

If I'm right in saying the Poole side currently has Holder, Andersen, Buczkowski, Kurtz, Newman and Ellis, that is shaping up as a formidable side.

I can only see improvement (on last season) in all 6 of the aforementioned

Holder is not yet confirmed but a probability

RP

Although, never been a member of the Ford appreciation society, one has to admit the signings for next year shows brilliant awareness and puts all other promoters to shame. The signing of Andersen was a masterstroke, a quality rider on a workable average. Buczkowski was another example of positive thinking. Destined to be a big scorer and will benefit big time, from his previous experiences in the Elite League. Kurtz was the signature everyone wanted. so hats off to Ford for acclaiming a brilliant youngster.. Constantly exchanging places with Newman at reserve , he will come on in leaps and bounds....

Not one to blow sunshine up his arse, but , after doing some astute work, what's the betting that he will undo all the positives he done by breaking rules that pisses everyone off....

Is there any need ???????

• Like 1

Someone said he wasn't doubling up or down.

Although, never been a member of the Ford appreciation society, one has to admit the signings for next year shows brilliant awareness and puts all other promoters to shame. The signing of Andersen was a masterstroke, a quality rider on a workable average. Buczkowski was another example of positive thinking. Destined to be a big scorer and will benefit big time, from his previous experiences in the Elite League. Kurtz was the signature everyone wanted. so hats off to Ford for acclaiming a brilliant youngster.. Constantly exchanging places with Newman at reserve , he will come on in leaps and bounds....

Not one to blow sunshine up his arse, but , after doing some astute work, what's the betting that he will undo all the positives he done by breaking rules that pisses everyone off....

Is there any need ???????

They will prob win the league but against who? a mediocre league nothing against Ford i admire what he has achieved some of it hardly rocket science to be honest. Just they have a bit more scope and clout to and Want ?.to do anything they want as for Newman should he not nearly be in the top 5 full time with the progress he has made.?

Until the heat leader list is announced we cannot really say who is going to be where.............and I thought that the statement that Buzz was a heat leader was retracted on the Poole website.............or was I imagining that..........

RP

You may well be right RP?! The version of the Buzz signing currently on the Poole website makes no mention of his heat leader or 2nd string status - but I'm not sure if its been changed?! Either way he wouldn't be on the so-called heat leader list and I can't honestly believe that the rules will allow any rider with a higher average to slot in as a 2nd string - at Poole or anywhere else!!

Mind you, the SpeedwayGP story and the Echo story have only been written by 2 separate journos who probably don't know for sure - like most on this forum - themselves!! :D

Davey Watt & Dakota North are the real winners & losers from last season as can't see anyone apart from Poole taking Davey on a 7 point average as a 2nd string & Dak will probably be the lowest averaged rider from last seasons heat leaders & a big risk.

It was stated in the Bournemouth Echo story this morning that 'he had no plans to double up next year - wishing to focus all his efforts on EL racing'!!

Holder either has an average of 7.43 or 7.83 this means we either have 7.4 points left or 7.8. If it is 7.8 then this could be a quality rider. Emil Sayfutdinov????