British Speedway Forum

surely you want the brits to qualify first rather than an Aussie???

then again Poole fans would rather see Holder win the title than Woffinden so im not suprised.

Never understand club before country. When Rickardsson and Gollob rode for us i didnt want them to beat any Brit at all, even ones i never took to like Havelock and Dugard.

Surely you want Lambert and Clegg to qualify ahead of Kurtz????

This is typical of many fans here,support their clubs riders rather than the British ones first.It makes you laugh when fans are slamming Woffinden for not riding here because he is British,yet many of the same fans support the Foreign riders before their own in individual competitions :shock:

• Like 1

surely you want the brits to qualify first rather than an Aussie???

then again Poole fans would rather see Holder win the title than Woffinden so im not suprised.

Never understand club before country. When Rickardsson and Gollob rode for us i didnt want them to beat any Brit at all, even ones i never took to like Havelock and Dugard.

Surely you want Lambert and Clegg to qualify ahead of Kurtz????

Its not just Poole fans.

I supported Mikael and Freddie in the GPs ahead of Andy Smith, Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls. Although when I say support, I mean - I bought a hat and cheered for them at Cardiff.

Is it really a big deal who we support? By buying a ticket or subscribing to a TV Channel you are supporting them all anyway.

Riders are like Pop stars and comedians, will pick up support depending on their talent/appeal not their nationality. I like watching Zmarliak & Dudek ride and they've never ridden for Wolves or are British.

P.S I support (defend) Tai alot and admire his achievements. However, ask any Wolves fan who they would like to win the next GP, and 99.9% will say Freddie.

• Like 2

Was gonna say well done Keith for seeing the bigger pic but that would make me a hypocrite because I can't bring myself to support Tai ..... always want to see Bomber doing well mind.

• Like 2

Typical of Poole to put their own selfish needs above those of the sport in Britain as a whole.

Form a queue for those souvenirs, especially the Matt Ford doll with the sun shining out of his backside! (The alternative model with a magazine seller had to be cancelled - the focus group is still in therapy).

Are you having a go at Poolekeith? He is supporting the brits over Brady.

• Like 1

yes steve i was somewhat puzzled by his post.put simply in a run off for the final qualifying place for example i would want lambert to beat kurtz,when they race in the league the opposite,want kurtz to win everytime. simples

Its not just Poole fans.

I supported Mikael and Freddie in the GPs ahead of Andy Smith, Chris Harris and Scott Nicholls. Although when I say support, I mean - I bought a hat and cheered for them at Cardiff.

Is it really a big deal who we support? By buying a ticket or subscribing to a TV Channel you are supporting them all anyway.

Riders are like Pop stars and comedians, will pick up support depending on their talent/appeal not their nationality. I like watching Zmarliak & Dudek ride and they've never ridden for Wolves or are British.

P.S I support (defend) Tai alot and admire his achievements. However, ask any Wolves fan who they would like to win the next GP, and 99.9% will say Freddie.

Fans should be able to get behind who they like, whether its Brits or otherwise. Personally, i like to see all our boys at Poole do well.

I have always supported most the riders that I like. Nationality has no hold on me. The world championship is an individual championship, so whilst the riders will wear a breast plate of their country, and sing (or no) their national anthem - matters not to me. I like good close exciting racing, no matter who the 4 riders are. Of course, personalities come into it as well. But I coudnt care less if they come from Timbukto or cloud cucko land.

Fans should be able to get behind who they like, whether its Brits or otherwise. Personally, i like to see all our boys at Poole do well.

Yep i agree that you can get behind who you want. But in a run off for any title between a Brit and a Poole rider then there is no way the club rider should be supported.

World Under 21 final Lambert v Kurtz in a run off. Any Poole fan who supports Kurtz in that race would amaze me.

Nothing wrong in Poole fans wanting Holder to be world champ but not at the expanse of a Brit

At least Holder and the current 'British' World Champion both know the Austrailian national anthem!!

Its not just Poole fans.

Why? I never supported Rickardsson and Gollob over Louis and Loram ever!!

If Rickardsson and Gollob werent up against a Brit then yes i cheered them on.

Surely Wolves fans would rather Tai win a final rather than Freddie? If Tai wasnt in the final no issue with supporting Freddie

Nothing wrong in Poole fans wanting Holder to be world champ but not at the expanse of a Brit

In the case of a run off for world champion between Noddy Nd Tai, I would certainly be cheering on Holder. He rides for the club I support, and more importantly rides and therefore supports the Elite League.

Woffinden winning the WC brings nothing to the sport in the UK because he cant be assed to ride here.

My opinion would be different if he rode for a British club.

• Like 2

In the case of a run off for world champion between Noddy Nd Tai, I would certainly be cheering on Holder. He rides for the club I support, and more importantly rides and therefore supports the Elite League.

Woffinden winning the WC brings nothing to the sport in the UK because he cant be assed to ride here.

you forgetting holder took a year out of the elite, and by the look of his form so far this season he doesnt seem as commited to the elite this season,wouldnt surprise me if he took another yr out nxt season

you forgetting holder took a year out of the elite, and by the look of his form so far this season he doesnt seem as commited to the elite this season,wouldnt surprise me if he took another yr out nxt season,

wow well even for you that's a staggering response! Check out the top riders on the world and a handful ride over here. Last years top 3 didn't! I'm a West Ham fan so if France play England guess I should be cheering on Payet because he plays for me team??? Not a chance! I'm English but I guess only in Poole that the club comes before country

I'm a human being and I support all human beings riding speedway. Nationality is irrelevant although for me in individual speedway events.

I'll always be cheering Team GB in international team events though.

Not sure why other commentators on here feel the need to judge people or who they want to cheer and support.

• Like 2

Maybe if Tai had a better attitude maybe more people would support him? But we've already had that debate haven't we Gavan?!

In the examples given ie Brady and Lambert, I would support Lambert but if Brady beat him them that's fine too :)

• Like 1