British Speedway Forum

Ambiguous. The AGM statement:

'Heat-leader standard riders graded into a list – maximum of three per club. This is to deal with distorted averages created by race format. Any new non-British rider assessed at 6.5 or above to join this list.'

I cannot tell if this refers to riders completely new to the EL or those not riding here in 2015.

As an Professional Project Engineer it was always expected of me to think logically. When there is a problem you find the cause of it.

It is quite clear, from the statement above, the BSPA are aware of the problem caused by the race format, in that it creates distorted averages. But instead of dealing with the cause of the problem, they decide to compound it further by making more concessions to counteract it. Amazing.....

It would be like making a tray to catch leaking water rather than mending the leak........... EVENTUALLY, the tray becomes full and is deemed as useless........

And that's the same with this sport, When they decide to do something about it, all the fans will have gone...... ( all those except Poole that is !!! )

Edited by GRW123

Don't worry so much GRW123, Chairman Buster will sort it all out!!

Sorry FB, I forgot the winking emoticon!!

My reply was a jokey comment, i wouldn't want to upset Buster fans!!

Isn't it about time Holder and Watt were announced, there seems to be a hitch.

Matt did say within the next week and that was last thurs/fri?? 😌

As an Professional Project Engineer it was always expected of me to think logically. When there is a problem you find to the cause of it.

It is quite clear, from the statement above, the BSPA are aware of the problem caused by the race format, in that it creates distorted averages. But instead of dealing with the cause of the problem, they decide to compound it further by making more concessions to counteract it. Amazing.....

It would be like making a tray to catch leaking water rather than mending the leak........... EVENTUALLY, the tray becomes full and is deemed as useless........

Just drill a hole in the tray to let the water out and put a bigger tray underneath it. Everything is fine - BSPA thinking

• Like 3

Matt has his sponsors' Xmas gathering scheduled for this weekend so there should be the announcement before that!! :wink::D

Matt has his sponsors' Xmas gathering scheduled for this weekend so there should be the announcement before that!! :wink::D

Ok good so look forward to Holder and Watt announcement this week or is there a surprise in store?

If it is Holder and Watt then the grading of Buzz is irrelevant.

The issues will arise if you sign someone such as Pawlicki.

It also mentions "assessed" which wouldn't apply to buzz?

Spot on.

It's clear how the meeting panned out. Poole will have known the rider they wanted pre-meeting and ensured of course nobody else did. They'll have argued the merits of certain riders being on or off the list (ones they aren't interested in) before finally conceding. This of course leads the other hapless fools into thinking they've 'got one over on Poole'. The whole time they were being played as Buzz sneaks under the radar and doesn't appear on the list.

The problem is the promoters fall for it every single year.. Ford is just too clever for them.

Before Starman et al starts taking a pop, this post is actually praising Ford.

• Like 3

Spot on.

It's clear how the meeting panned out. Poole will have known the rider they wanted pre-meeting and ensured of course nobody else did. They'll have argued the merits of certain riders being on or off the list (ones they aren't interested in) before finally conceding. This of course leads the other hapless fools into thinking they've 'got one over on Poole'. The whole time they were being played as Buzz sneaks under the radar and doesn't appear on the list.

The problem is the promoters fall for it every single year.. Ford is just too clever for them.

Well done Bwitcher, what you say is very true. But Matt doesn't sit on his backside, he will look at every single angle.

That would be very difficult with you up it :party:

Very true, but at long last Starman has admitted Ford sets out to manipulate things his way.

• Like 1

At a time when the sport is crying out for simpler rules, the promoters have gone the opposite direction.

I have no doubt that the FTR and the Heat leader list were conceived with the best of intentions, but the sad truth is they have far too many loopholes and the smarter promoters will immediately examine ways how they can gain the greatest benefit.

Premier averages being used for the reserves gave Poole a big advantage in that Newman was classed far too low in the first tier enabling a much better pick in the second tier than they should have got.

They have now managed to sign a rider in Buzz who for some reason has not being classed as a heat leader.

Kudos to Ford for being shrewd, but the other promoters need a good boot up the hole.

• Like 1

Spot on.

Actually I'm not even sure that MF was at the meeting??!