British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

Weren't you saying don't believe everything you read in the press a few posts back? :D

Re read the post.................It was not aimed at anyone specific and no I don't believe everything I read in the press...............life in the speedway world would be a whole lot easier if people did not take press articles at face value all the time...............

RP

Re read the post.................It was not aimed at anyone specific and no I don't believe everything I read in the press...............life in the speedway world would be a whole lot easier if people did not take press articles at face value all the time...............

RP

Especially when it's the Echo.

RP

It is becoming hard work reading all the back peddling in your posts.

It is becoming hard work reading all the back peddling in your posts.

In this case I did not..................

RP

Repeating from another thread, What has changed Dak's mind and situation is somewhat unexpectedly getting contracts offered in Poland and Denmark and then Swindon!!

His family have advised him to go for it!

What is unexpected about him getting offers? He's not exactly an unknown quantity! Probably more to do with Ford trying to keep clubs away from him, in case he needed to make team changes later!

Well done Rosco.What a side.As a Wolves fan i can honestly say Swindon have a very solid looking side.Like any team you need to remain relatively injury free and if that happens i can see Swindon finishing top two.

Good luck Swindon fans

A big welcome back to Morra and Dak :t:

There is definitely potential in the 2016 Robins side, yet I'd still have the Pirates as favourites..

Apparently Dak was chased by a number of EL clubs, so I'm pleased he decided to choose Swindon, just shows that some Poole supporters know f**k all :rofl:

Good post from our Kiwi correspondent elsewhere that we would be stronger with Batch..

Probably true, but he is such a bottler (esp in the wet)...

Am happy with the team and we should just make the PO's.. :t:

Edited by Yer Ropes

Well done Rosco.What a side.As a Wolves fan i can honestly say Swindon have a very solid looking side.Like any team you need to remain relatively injury free and if that happens i can see Swindon finishing top two.

Good luck Swindon fans

Very magnanimous post darkers....Rosco certainly deserves credit for continually assembling sides that challenge for the title/playoffs.

He's not tactically astute but makes up for it in his recruiting skills! ;)

North wouldn't have been my choice for the last place in the team, but that said, seems like he is a fairly popular choice with fellow Robins fans.

• Like 1

.....Yer Ropes......Apparently Dak was chased by a number of EL clubs, so I'm pleased he decided to choose Swindon, just shows that some Poole supporters know f**k all :rofl:

I like to think that he has some integrity after all and was not happy to be used by Matt Ford to bend the rules so chose to go elsewhere next season once he'd made his mind up what he was doing in 2016.

So will Australia be using the Abbey to practice for the SWC this year !!

Decent team with potential but at the moment can see them battling with Belle Vue for the runners up spot behind Poole

Hmmm, not that I have the best memory or anything but all these people defending Rosco, I take it you didn't moan about Middlo not having Brits in the Poole team when he was GB boss??

That's it feed the troll that is mcmc82!

• Like 2

That's it feed the troll that is mcmc82!

Some people just have rose tinted glasses

Whereas of course he fully expected to not get any offers and instead be a full time carer for his dad. Yeah right. :lol:

What you don't seem to (want to) grasp is that Dak wasn't originally too fussed about coming back to the EL or being a squad member for Rybnik in the Polish 2nd tier.

However what has changed and very few expected it, is that Rybnik have gone into Poland's Extraleague as a replacement for one of the bankrupt clubs!

An Extraleague contract as well as interest from 2 or 3 EL clubs (not to mention the Danish League contract!!) was enough to make him reconsider.

I really don't mind if certain people choose to disbelieve what i'm saying, but that's what you get from speaking to Dak directly.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1