British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

With Morris surely it depends which meeting was arranged first? If it was the one at Kings Lynn and Wroclaw want to use him then he has to ride for them. I do find it incredible that Doyle will ride at Kings Lynn though, surely he got permission from Rosco.

As said on the KL thread why would it depend on what meeting was arranged first - he is a contracted Swindon asset required by this team on that night. When did we give foreign teams priority to use our riders when in the UK? He has to ride for Swindon regardless of when the meetings were arranged.

• Like 2

i was going to go to the Somerset meeting, not now.

might change my mind now.. ;)

Edited by dump that clutch

As per Robins website both Jason and Nick will be riding at Somerset for the Robins. Also Hagon, Rosco is using Darryl in the Robins side, he must have read my post, he still needs one other rider.

As stated elsewhere and by others Killer is riding for Somerset, I wonder if he will be at p&p on thurs at Swindon.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2632

• Like 1

Common sense (or according to poor old Buster) 'fan power has prevailed as we have 'recalled' Doyle into our line up that night..what a bloody nerve the so called supremo of speedway has whining about the possibility of Rosco bowing to 'fan pressure'..just shows he's yet another head of the BSPA that will feather is own bed first, mind you the fact we gave him permission in the first place p****s me off or was that merely the Chairman using his pulling power? Tell ya what Chapman you can stick your challenge meeting right up your rear end

Was unaware of PK riding for Somerset at the time of posting. Darryl is a Swindon asset and deserves all the rides he can get.

Rather disagree there he must get into our side on merit...so far i am yet to be convinced but hopefully will one day be proven wrong but i think you deserve something if you earn it not sure he has yet (waits for pelters as it's not pc to criticise a local rider)

Common sense (or according to poor old Buster) 'fan power has prevailed as we have 'recalled' Doyle into our line up that night..what a bloody nerve the so called supremo of speedway has whining about the possibility of Rosco bowing to 'fan pressure'..just shows he's yet another head of the BSPA that will feather is own bed first, mind you the fact we gave him permission in the first place p****s me off or was that merely the Chairman using his pulling power? Tell ya what Chapman you can stick your challenge meeting right up your rear end

Rather disagree there he must get into our side on merit...so far i am yet to be convinced but hopefully will one day be proven wrong but i think you deserve something if you earn it not sure he has yet (waits for pelters as it's not pc to criticise a local rider)but before i do get flak i was one of the biggest supporters of the likes of Wellie Kilb etc

Rather disagree there he must get into our side on merit...so far i am yet to be convinced but hopefully will one day be proven wrong but i think you deserve something if you earn it not sure he has yet (waits for pelters as it's not pc to criticise a local rider)

Will not criticise your comment but feel that as this is a challenge he can be given the opportunity to show what he can do, not sure if he is on the ftr list as a reserve, if yes we may need him for a meeting.

As said on the KL thread why would it depend on what meeting was arranged first - he is a contracted Swindon asset required by this team on that night. When did we give foreign teams priority to use our riders when in the UK? He has to ride for Swindon regardless of when the meetings were arranged.

Doesn't matter if he's an asset, he's contracted to both clubs so whichever meeting was arranged first he rides for that club unless there is either a deal between the clubs so he could ride at one or simply his polish club dont require him for that meeting. Whatever the reason it seems he will ride for Swindon so a bit of common sense has prevailed.

Edited by woz01

Doesn't matter if he's an asset, he's contracted to both clubs so whichever meeting was arranged first he rides for that club unless there is either a deal between the clubs so he could ride at one or simply his polish club dont require him for that meeting. Whatever the reason it seems he will ride for Swindon so a bit of common sense has prevailed.

As you say common sense has prevailed but in the UK they are both contracted to one club - Swindon so I think it does matter that they ride for their UK club. It does seem that someone at Swindon dropped a clanger though as Rosco was thanking KL for their understanding in getting matters resolved.

• Like 3

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Power to Debbie Hancock!!!!! :wink::wink::wink:

Rosco must be to blame over this, he shouldn't have given permission to his two riders in the first place!!!!

• Like 1

Power to Debbie Hancock!!!!! :wink::wink::wink:[/quote

Doyle's appearance at Somerset along with a pretty much full strength Robins line up will put a couple of hundred more on the gate. Plus PK racing at the OTA should be mustard to watch.

[

PK could have a big season in the series well capable ER what do you think.?Remember when he rode for Worky i liked him and fair play to Rosco did he give him his first chance at Coventry .guest booking's ( ect) Edited by Sidney the robin

PK could have a big season in the series well capable ER what do you think.?Remember when he rode for Worky i liked him and fair play to Rosco did he give him his first chance at Coventry .guest booking's ( ect)

I just hope to never see Killer riding against Swindon in the Elite League.

• Like 2

How the hell can you accuse Buster of trying to take Doyle when Rosco said it was fine? Think it's more a case of someone at Swindon cocking up! How can you not realise that you have a meeting on that date and allow another team to use their rider?!!

I think Grachan has summed it up well on the Lynn thread, all parties at fault in some way and common sense has prevailed ultimately. Its just another episode which makes British Speedway look amateurish though which is a shame as the season hasn't even started yet.

• Like 5