British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

If Jason cannot ride this thurs and then at Poole next wed get Scotty in Rosco

Noooooooo!

• Like 1

This weeks Blunsdon blog....tyre burning. I can assure readers that the people who worked the Swindon track for years and years with little or no fuss, would'nt have dreamt of deeds as idiotic as burning tyres to dry the track. Imagine the mess. Is it a joke? I take it as an insult to some good ole boys from way back then, still they had the benefit of working with proper Arbury red shale, that stuff you're using aint shale man.

Noooooooo!

I thought you were a big fan Steve0?! ;)

Noooooooo!

?, did ok at both tracks ad saves flying in a foreigner.

Certainly on current form, he's not a bad shout, I guess his unpredictability at Blunsdon is the worry.

That said, Doyley at the moment has huge boots to fill.

This weeks Blunsdon blog....tyre burning. I can assure readers that the people who worked the Swindon track for years and years with little or no fuss, would'nt have dreamt of deeds as idiotic as burning tyres to dry the track. Imagine the mess. Is it a joke? I take it as an insult to some good ole boys from way back then, still they had the benefit of working with proper Arbury red shale, that stuff you're using aint shale man.

Googled Arbury Shale and came up with the following interesting piece from speedwayplus ....

http://www.speedwayplus.com/RidersView_m.shtml

Wouldnt even think about booking Nicholls in at The Stade D'Lite just hope Doyley is back by then!!

• Like 2

Wouldnt even think about booking Nicholls in at The Stade D'Lite just hope Doyley is back by then!!

Was not on about Swindon but at KL then Poole if Jason is not back.

At KL scored 23232 12 + 1

At Poole " 31332 12

There are higher scoring riders ie KK at Kings Lynn but it would mean paying for him to fly in and he can be inconsistent.

It is difficult finding another good rider at those tracks and BH Monday is awful because of all the other EL meetings.

Was not on about Swindon but at KL then Poole if Jason is not back.

At KL scored 23232 12 + 1

At Poole " 31332 12

There are higher scoring riders ie KK at Kings Lynn but it would mean paying for him to fly in and he can be inconsistent.

It is difficult finding another good rider at those tracks and BH Monday is awful because of all the other EL meetings.

Apologies didnt read that proper like! Just hope we dont go for Harris at Blunsdon as he is actually worse now there than Nicholls but there seems to be a bit of a broken record as far as booking guests by us!

• Like 1

If Doyley is not back by the Bank Holiday meeting then the choice of guests is limited due to the 6 EL clubs riding that day. Lakeside and Leicester being the exceptions - so AJ would be Swindon's best choice I guess, if they could get him over.

If Doyley is not back by the Bank Holiday meeting then the choice of guests is limited due to the 6 EL clubs riding that day. Lakeside and Leicester being the exceptions - so AJ would be Swindon's best choice I guess, if they could get him over.

The lack of available riders is the problem that afternoon, not sure if AJ had a bad day but he only scored 5 at Swindon recently. Kim Nilsson scored a lot more and if available may be a better option.

I would think that AJ would rather go from Poland on the Sunday to Sweden to spend time with his family before Swedish league on the Tuesday than add another couple of flights to his itinerary.

Do British clubs still have to pay Swedish riders airfares ?

I

Edited by Triple.H.

AJ at Swindon? He's as inconsistent as Nicholls and Harris.

There are higher scoring riders ie KK at Kings Lynn but it would mean paying for him to fly in and he can be inconsistent

KK is in the SEC challenge on Thursday so wouldn't be able to do Lynn. He's also missing for the Bees on Friday as he's in the GP qualifier at Gorican on Saturday.