British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

Yes, I would definitely support a Sprockets team if last night was an example of the standard of racing we would get.

It was great to see Henry Atkins win a heat after watching him ride before Somerset meetings. He did seem to want to check if the burger bar on bend 2 had opened each lap!

Also thought Callum Walker rode better than his points total showed, and was glad he got second in Heat 15 to double his points.

• Like 1

Heat 6 was certainly an excellent advert for NL speedway and if the management think NL speedway was worth it after last night, Ayres might be the first person they contact.

Not sure it was a great meeting but I think there was a big gulf between the two teams, which contributed to some spaced out races but no different to some EL matches this season.

Bacon impressed and looks to have a future. Hopwood and Ayres excellent for the Sprockets.

I hope they run a team and look to develop their own rides. I will be a regular attendee if they run.

• Like 1

Every NL meeting at belle vue this season as been really good. Every meeting been worth £10 and more.

• Like 1

I hope that as Harris has been named, he is fit enough to complete the meeting!!

I hope we are able to watch from the Backstraight next week. My view last night, was very poor and the staff wouldn't allow anyone to sit on the higher grass bank nearby. Afraid I am unable to stand for that long. However, really enjoyed Ayres,a very entertaining rider in every sense of the word.

I hope that as Harris has been named, he is fit enough to complete the meeting!!

It was mentioned last night that the select team would be led by Chris Harris subject to fitness.

• Like 1

Atkins after looking nervous in his first race changed something i think looked good won a heat.A couple of times he got close to the bend four fence also he nearly got sucked in on bend 2 won in a time of 71.4 pretty good.The Ayres/Carr race was a cracker a proper duel Ayres just coming out on top.14 year old Anders Rowe had a few laps he looks stylish one to note for the future.

Would defo go to a few NL meetings at the new arena, good to see some local lads riding for swindon.

Will next week's meeting be the Abbey finale, sneaky feeling aces won't want lakeside in playoffs and will gift swindon a point so they can return to the Abbey for semi...hmmm

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

Re: Jason Doyles 2 yr deal......

What happens if the powers that be decide that next year, GP riders are banned from the Elite League?

Or does "Rosco" have inside info on next yrs Elite League format??

They won't be banned - as always it'll be the GP riders' own choice if they ride UK next year. Maybe Rosco and the other promoters know there will be a squad system or shared number 1's?!

They won't be banned - as always it'll be the GP riders' own choice if they ride UK next year. Maybe Rosco and the other promoters know there will be a squad system or shared number 1's?!

Either would be a good idea if they can get it to work.

Doyley is certainly the best rider out there right now. Off to Torun in 3 wks time, hopefully Doyley will be top of the pile come the end of the night! If you've never been to Torun before I would recommend it to anyone, such a brilliant town & the track/stadium is superb. I believe tickets are still available!!!

Tungate is guesting for Poole on Monday at Belle Vue!

Guess he just likes riding for a good team........ :rofl::lol:

Guess he just likes riding for a good team........ :rofl::lol:

Shame he doesn't score as many points guesting for them than when riding against them😀😉

• Like 2