British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

every cloud has a silver lining, as we have been sooooo inconsistent this season, at least when we are finally ditched out of the play-offs they can start the NEW stadium a tad earlier.. :party::party:

Spoke to that Justin Sedgmen at the Crown Stratton, a splendid modest young Aussie chap.

Him and Tunny have done ok this year. Only Morra hasn't really cut the mustard. Josh has struggled away, Tunny struggled at home.

Doyley superb as expected, great signing of the current world number 2, to think he was reserve when the robins won the league in 2012.

Edited by auntie doris

Well 2016 finishes with a whimper, onto 2017 which should promise so much. A new facility hopefully led by the new world champ, hoping to also see the return of Killer!

Well 2016 finishes with a whimper, onto 2017 which should promise so much. A new facility hopefully lead by the new world champ, hoping to also see the return of Killer!

Edited by hyabb17

Lets face it we knew from the get go that the team wasn't strong enough (and the doubters took stick off the guy who selected the team when those doubts were aired!) to merit a play-off spot. To be honest they did well to push it as far as they did.

Rosco will have to do better in his choices next year because a new stadium will attract fresh interest and hopefully new support so a winning team is a must.

Its all about Jason now. He's more than capable to land the top prize. He'd make a great World Champion and having one committed to British racing would make a pleasant change.

Edited by BuzzCagney
  • Like 2

Killer and Doyle would be great start. I like Zengy and Palm Toft. Josh and Morra disappointing, poor away, Tunny about the most inconsistent since Mads Korn.

Tough luck Robins - it just wasn't meant to happen.

Its totally messed up my fantasy team now!!!

• Like 1

A hard season to be honest the fixture programming awful, and most of us knew this side was never good anough.Doyley has been great he joins a list of superb no 1s we have had in our history.To be honest since 2012 the team planning has not been right for me.For 2017 i would like to have Doyley/Bomber as defo starters that leaves five more places up for grabs.

Edited by Sidney the robin

The team, Doyle apart, looked cack from day 1, I said they'd finish 5th, and low and behold they did, to start and finish with this team shows a lack of ambition, there were opportunities during the season to change things, but Rosco was happy to support the underperforming and meander to seasons meek end.

• Like 3