British Speedway Forum

Easy to build a winning side when you can pay more than anyone else in the league.

Barker for example from what I was told would of been a panther in 2016 as he had agreed a deal then you offered him more money. Ben then asked Peterborough if they could match that witch they obviously couldn't the rest is history.

It helps of course but having unlimited funds doesn't guarantee anything in speedway as our present owners proved during their tenure.

Signing riders on false low assessed averages and good old fashioned luck helps more as does avoiding injuries.

Easy to build a winning side when you can pay more than anyone else in the league.

Barker for example from what I was told would of been a panther in 2016 as he had agreed a deal then you offered him more money. Ben then asked Peterborough if they could match that witch they obviously couldn't the rest is history.

Is this fact or fiction there are many way's to broker a deal doesn't mean that we are paying more perhaps there are other incentives.

Notice i said perhaps so with you insisting we are paying more than anyone else could you in your wealth off knowledge please let us know

A. How much more are we paying

B. What is the £ per point we are paying

Or perhaps i should tweet Ben Barker to see if i can get an accurate answer that isin't based on hear say.

Good luck to Edinburgh and all that but they've got a cheek. If they were a football team they'd have been punished for signing players they couldn't afford.

• Like 1

As a good Cornishman he could follow Chris Julian, buy an old Ford Consul, stick a trailer behnd it, drive up and sleep in Trevor Redmonds cardboard box in the office before the meeting

That's why I thught Sarj has gone. Lawson is an assett so we'd have to loan him out. Plus, although he has been inconsistent, if he had consistency he is one of the very best heat leaders in the PL. And I believe machinery may have played a part last season - plus Edinburgh's triangular track.

I really do wonder sometimes, "Lawson inconsistent" :nono: ​From the official BSPA final averages for the year he is bloody 4th! ​only cook :mad: ​ King and Kennett finished with a higher average. Presumably that means Aaron and every other rider in the league is inconsistent Presumably thats why we all go to watch because if it was totally predictable we wouldnae go. ​ As an aside if his average was any higher we couldn't fit him in, assuming we are ;)

I really do wonder sometimes, "Lawson inconsistent" :nono: ​From the official BSPA final averages for the year he is bloody 4th! ​only cook :mad: ​ King and Kennett finished with a higher average. Presumably that means Aaron and every other rider in the league is inconsistent Presumably thats why we all go to watch because if it was totally predictable we wouldnae go. ​ As an aside if his average was any higher we couldn't fit him in, assuming we are ;)

I suggest you look up inconsistent. If a rider averages 9 but score 12, 6, 9, 8, 10, 12, 6, 10 then I'd say he is inconsistent. But another rider could average 6 and score 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 and be the model of consistency.

Richard will be back next season I have no doubts.

• Like 1

Don't worry, when you cash in on Cook you'll be able to offer plenty, it's just a pity all the decent riders will be signed up. That's just the way the cookie crumbles!

when they pay off all their debt to other clubs and see whats left.. may just be able to buy a 3 point rider .

• Like 3

MrB you obviously have a real bee in your bonnet about the finances Glasgow have available. You've made your point many, many times - ad nauseum now. We all get it! FFS my dead granny even gets it.

For someone of your standing in here ( yes I do give you credibility, other don't but I do) I seriously can't believe this constant trip you're taking down the road of another club splashing the cash.

I don't for a minute think you're looking for sympathy. You might be connected with the Edinburgh promotion and are doing an apologetic pre-emptive strike to your fans. But do you really expect that no one else lives in the real dog eat dog world where some animals are more equal than others? Do you really think Edinburgh have always been the poorest team in the PL every season they've won the league? Come on seriously. No one is buying this. Edinburgh have splashed the cash on wages over the years. All those big home wins and consistent high number of away wins have cost a small fortune. Craig Cook's rate per point and starts would not have been cheap. Come on!

So what if we've poached others. So friggin' what. We're not the first, and won't be the last.

This is the real world, it happens get over it.

Seriously, Glasgow fans have turned up week after week, season after season (except 2011) to watch sub-standard teams/racing.

So what if we have a bit of hope now?

Are you so mean and petty minded to deny this of true SPEEDWAY fans.

Not the 100% glory hunter you come across as post after post after post, from the start of coming on BSF.

If you were a TRUE SPEEDWAY fan you'd welcome investment in the sport that guarantees long term speedway.

But maybe you're not a true speedway fan?

Maybe there's no charity in your blood?

• Like 6

I suggest you look up inconsistent. If a rider averages 9 but score 12, 6, 9, 8, 10, 12, 6, 10 then I'd say he is inconsistent. But another rider could average 6 and score 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 and be the model of consistency.

And this is what I meant. It is why there are 3 riders above him, and he is a number 1. Again, I want him back but I don't see the point in denying he had a few bad meetings (by his standards). If he consistently rode at his best next season he would be the best in the league in 2016.

I'm not slagging the guy.

Edited by damosuzuki

All you Glasgow fans must be loving the jealousy from the Monarchs and the toys coming out the pram when they don't like what they see. Edinburgh had a very strong top 4 last season and now Golden Boy Cook has gone they are worried that they will be also rans this season them see their most bitter rivals look to build a strong top 4. And because of this they moan about the money being spent! As if Cook and Masters and Wolbert were on short change! Let's hope that if my boys at Ipswich can't do it then the league goes to Glasgow not the smugs. Always found the travelling Glasgow fans at Foxhall a pleasure where as the Monarchs are very smug and twisted

• Like 8

All you Glasgow fans must be loving the jealousy from the Monarchs and the toys coming out the pram when they don't like what they see. Edinburgh had a very strong top 4 last season and now Golden Boy Cook has gone they are worried that they will be also rans this season them see their most bitter rivals look to build a strong top 4. And because of this they moan about the money being spent! As if Cook and Masters and Wolbert were on short change! Let's hope that if my boys at Ipswich can't do it then the league goes to Glasgow not the smugs. Always found the travelling Glasgow fans at Foxhall a pleasure where as the Monarchs are very smug and twisted

Always knew you were a good un' Gavan. ;)

• Like 1

We now have three riders in Place - I'd be interested to see what people think about the other 4. I'm assuming Lawson will be the only other name from last year - although Hynek has never been mentioned by anybody at all. Particularly if Worrall (as seems to be assumed by people on here) signs how does the bottom end pan out.

We now have three riders in Place - I'd be interested to see what people think about the other 4. I'm assuming Lawson will be the only other name from last year - although Hynek has never been mentioned by anybody at all. Particularly if Worrall (as seems to be assumed by people on here) signs how does the bottom end pan out.

Lawson, Worrall, Hynek and another 3 pointer is my guess