British Speedway Forum
oleoleole

British Tv Rights For Sgp & Swc ?

Rather than go through all this thread.You could download Modbro and get all Sky/BT/Eurosport channels for free ...but they are obviously illegal streams and I would hate anyone to watch that sort of thing.

The more people mention alternatives to paying for sports TV the greater the inevitability that they will be found and closed down. Yes others will pop up in the same way that The Pirate Bay still is out there.

Ultimately I'd rather pay a fair price and get a stable HD picture that doesn't keep buffering or falling out completely. It's Sky's greed that's fuelled this piracy, along with that of the film and music industry in the case of illegal downloads. Obviously there will always be some that want something for nothing but when you look at the obscene money corrupting football just remember it comes out of the pockets of the ordinary TV sports fan. Inevitably there will be undercutting of the market - at least now it's coming legally from BT. I just wish the BSPA hadn't signed a five year deal with Sky....

The more people mention alternatives to paying for sports TV the greater the inevitability that they will be found and closed down. Yes others will pop up in the same way that The Pirate Bay still is out there.

Ultimately I'd rather pay a fair price and get a stable HD picture that doesn't keep buffering or falling out completely. It's Sky's greed that's fuelled this piracy, along with that of the film and music industry in the case of illegal downloads. Obviously there will always be some that want something for nothing but when you look at the obscene money corrupting football just remember it comes out of the pockets of the ordinary TV sports fan. Inevitably there will be undercutting of the market - at least now it's coming legally from BT. I just wish the BSPA hadn't signed a five year deal with Sky....

I'd be willing to pay the same amount as I pay to Eurosport. I don't see why I should have to abandon all my current set up and I won't. It's too expensive on my pension anyway.

• Like 1

Would be interested to know if Phillip is aware if there were other bids on the table.. Last time it kind of fell onto the lap of Eurosport, who one would assume would have been interested in keeping the rights.

Will be interesting to know what plans BT have (any idea Phillip?)

I'd be willing to pay the same amount as I pay to Eurosport. I don't see why I should have to abandon all my current set up and I won't. It's too expensive on my pension anyway.

Because that's the nature of pay TV and the ruthless modern world. Speedway kicked this off the day they signed their first deal with Sky. The viewers are just there to be milked.

I'm not on a pension and I struggle to pay so I sympathise, but then I'd love to be able to afford many things as well.

Would be interested to know if Phillip is aware if there were other bids on the table.. Last time it kind of fell onto the lap of Eurosport, who one would assume would have been interested in keeping the rights.

Will be interesting to know what plans BT have (any idea Phillip?)

BOTH Eurosport and Sky were involved but only Eurosport were really serious but don't have the sort of money that BT were prepared to pay.

BT will do what Eurosport and Sky did before them ... take the world feed pictures and commentary from BSI. Hopefully that will involve both Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum although how Sky feel about that remains to be seen.

What we don't know as yet is what sort of studio presence BT will employ.

It would appear that Eurosport have dropped the Swedish League (insufficient interest apparently) but there are some hoping to put together a magazine style programme that could include TV clips from not just the SGP but also the various leagues (Britain, Sweden and Poland). It wouldn't be too expensive to produce but needs to find air time, perhaps on Eurosport and Quest who have no problem with either BT Sport or Sky.

Early days yet but it would be a great to have a chance to get behind the scenes at various speedway events and show the public much more than just racing.

BOTH Eurosport and Sky were involved but only Eurosport were really serious but don't have the sort of money that BT were prepared to pay.

BT will do what Eurosport and Sky did before them ... take the world feed pictures and commentary from BSI. Hopefully that will involve both Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum although how Sky feel about that remains to be seen.

What we don't know as yet is what sort of studio presence BT will employ.

It would appear that Eurosport have dropped the Swedish League (insufficient interest apparently) but there are some hoping to put together a magazine style programme that could include TV clips from not just the SGP but also the various leagues (Britain, Sweden and Poland). It wouldn't be too expensive to produce but needs to find air time, perhaps on Eurosport and Quest who have no problem with either BT Sport or Sky.

Early days yet but it would be a great to have a chance to get behind the scenes at various speedway events and show the public much more than just racing.

the cameras seem to get everywhere during speedway on tv, so probably seen all there is to it really, as saw the Tai documentary

which covered the day in the life of a speedway rider..a camera in the referee box would be interesting (on close calls)..

It would appear that Eurosport have dropped the Swedish League (insufficient interest apparently) but there are some hoping to put together a magazine style programme that could include TV clips from not just the SGP but also the various leagues (Britain, Sweden and Poland). .

Well I only had Eurosport Player because of the SGP and Swedish league.Might as well cancel it then.

How about the SEC ?

Edited by martin_t

I really hope that someone picks up the UK TV rights to the Swedish Elite League for 2016 instead of Eurosport as their 2015 coverage was absolutely abysmal. The coverage of the GP's was OK but of course the feed was supplied by the rights holder which I fully expect BT Sports to continue with but hopefully a lot less interruptions from commentators that are not at the event.

From what little I have seen of BT they seem to have got right for UK for audiences , I would like to think that they could eventually become the Speedway channel for the UK , to include British, Swedish, GP, Euro & maybe Polish meetings. I think is possible so I'm going to try them for next year. I live in hope.

• Like 1

I think Eurosport is a part of the SEC concept so it's unlikely that the rights for Britain could be sold to BT Sport.

Someone suggested to me rather than pay £19-99 BT want -buy an openbox has anyone got one of these ? Am told can watch all Sky Channels plus BT sports for free . Illegal but these boxes are available on Amazon for as little as £35

Edited by Haza

Someone suggested to me rather than pay £19-99 BT want -buy an openbox has anyone got one of these ? Am told can watch all Sky Channels plus BT sports for free . Illegal but these boxes are available on Amazon for as little as £35

Legal to sell the boxes, that's no problem because they give access to sites that are free to use. Illegal though to view sites that are not free to use ie BT Sports, Sky Sports. There is a difference.

But so many people have these boxes so illegal or not thousands are watching stuff for free.im amazed the licence fee is still there for the bbc .the worlds moved on ,surely a fee for a fat cat channel should be abolished

I can tell you what will happen here nothing will change to the current arrangements but BT will allow Sky customers access to BTs UHD/4K service which at the minute is exclusive to BT via a Youview box.

Sky have been trying for months to get this channel as the new Sky Q box ( Which I can highly recommend ) is out in a few weeks and Sky need more 4K content other than their own output.

If that's the ccase then I am snookered.

change over to PlusNet as my tel/broadband provider on Nov 25th. Done this so I can pay monthly to PlusNet to watch speedway on BT Sport next 3 years via my Sky box.

Cant do it through a BT TV box because my broadband speed is abysmally slow. Thursday afternoon it was 1.83mbps, last night it was .82mbps. You need 2mbps to stream tv, so I am a loser.

Cant get a faster broadband, but can get satellite tv.