British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Glasgow V Edinburgh The Final 16th/17th October @7.30pm/7.00pm

It's only fair that Edinburgh get to host the 2nd leg, they did finish top after all and they deserve to have all the other perks that go with that, (bumper crowd/extra cash & more that likely winning it in front of their own fans.

• Like 2

Fairytale final for the Scots - good luck to both sides.

Hope its a great occaision and one that you can tell your grandkids about the day you were there!!

My money would be on Edinburgh (just) and I think they deserve it too.

My money is on Craig Cook 15 point maximum x 2

Edited by tocha

Shame Sky dont show this, would be a superb meeting/s.

I wish i shared your optimism. i can only see us getting totally annihilated sadly. I'll still be there on Saturday though.

Fantastic for PL speedway but please Edinburgh and Glasgow promotions no hike in admission money, let speedway be the winner, rather than squeezing the fans for every penny.

• Like 2

What happens if Friday night is rained off?

#justsaying

They spin a coin& who ever is right wins the league lol

Glasgow leg now 7.30pm

I said that 9 post's up you not listening.

Alot will depend on Sarj at reserve. Monarchs top 4 are very good, Glasgows aint awful mind, I think the Tigers will sneak a 4 point win over 2 legs.

Edited by Panthers89
  • Like 1

It's only fair that Edinburgh get to host the 2nd leg, they did finish top after all and they deserve to have all the other perks that go with that, (bumper crowd/extra cash & more that likely winning it in front of their own fans.

So we've got to go easy on you on the Friday night to ensure a huge crowd on the Saturday? ;) Only joking, first of all - well done to the Tigers for coming out on top over the weekend. I am not a fan of play-offs, you win leagues over a 7 month season, not an hour. However, with the close result today and an all Scottish final ahead, I can understand why we have them.

I'll be in Corsica next weekend, obviously in a pub with wifi both nights ;) Monarchs are probably slight favourites but I think it will be much closer than the League Cup final. Thankfully, if Tigers win, I have all winter to save up to buy Paulco a congratulatory pint!!

• Like 2

So we've got to go easy on you on the Friday night to ensure a huge crowd on the Saturday? ;) Only joking, first of all - well done to the Tigers for coming out on top over the weekend. I am not a fan of play-offs, you win leagues over a 7 month season, not an hour. However, with the close result today and an all Scottish final ahead, I can understand why we have them.

I'll be in Corsica next weekend, obviously in a pub with wifi both nights ;) Monarchs are probably slight favourites but I think it will be much closer than the League Cup final. Thankfully, if Tigers win, I have all winter to save up to buy Paulco a congratulatory pint!!

At least give us a small glimmer of hope ;-) It would make financial sense as i'm sure your aware.

• Like 1

Final that all Scottish fans have wanted is here. Looking forward to a cracking couple meetings on Fri and Sat. Both teams stronger/weaker in different areas so shud be a tight meeting. In Glasgows hands to see if they can get an advantage going into sats meet which they will need.

Good Luck both teams

At least give us a small glimmer of hope ;-) It would make financial sense as i'm sure your aware.

Yes Euan, can't deny the money that both clubs will make. When we lost to Somerset two years ago, I was not too down as the League winners are the real Champions, if we had won, I would have had a half shandy, but it wouldn't have been the same as our other League wins. But we all know the rules and the winners next weekend willl be the Champions.

• Like 2

I think the R/R for Glasgow at number 3 will make a significant difference.

If Glasgow elected to go for that who could take the rides. Not sure about R/R -need perhaps to consider who could fit in as suitable guests as well.