British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Glasgow V Edinburgh The Final 16th/17th October @7.30pm/7.00pm

On a side note Harkess alway's has his sly wee dig's just seen his comments Rutted track, wet track , poor lighting Ffs any more excuses Alex alway's cheated never defeated springs to mind the guy is a prize A one muzzle.

Probably shouldnt admit this but i actually agree with him.

• Like 4

The track was wet and the lighting was poor it could do with a few more as the track was awful dark and and few of the boys said it was as dark as it looked out there. but it's the same for both teams and your boys rode it better.

I think you will just don't feel like we are riding well enough at the moment to pull it back.

So taking things into context why not just say the better team on the night won but it is only half time.

But no he has to come up with nothing was our fault it was everyone and everything else to blame as i say the guy is a A1 Muzzle.

Probably shouldnt admit this but i actually agree with him.

I was under the impression that a track should be set up for the home team and how they like it for Harkess to moan about it is sidestepping the issue that we were better than them on the night.

• Like 1

Restraint of trade surely?

If Glasgow want to run on a Friday let them test it in the courts

Glasgow have been to court before in the early 2000's and won due to a rule that wasnt applied and which disadvantaged Glasgow. Then owner Brian Sands was subsequently driven out.

So taking things into context why not just say the better team on the night won but it is only half time.

But no he has to come up with nothing was our fault it was everyone and everything else to blame as i say the guy is a A1 Muzzle.

I was under the impression that a track should be set up for the home team and how they like it for Harkess to moan about it is sidestepping the issue that we were better than them on the night.

I've not got a problem with the track as such it was the poor lighting that is what's annoying as the track wasn't fully lit witch is dangerous. For a team that wants to move to night racing i think you need a few more lights before doing that.

Edited by Mr Blobby

No it isn't, the issue is that there were falls, injuries and holdups on both sides, probably due in part to track conditions.

• Like 1

I've not got a problem with the track as such it was the poor lighting that is what's annoying as the track wasn't fully lit witch is dangerous. For a team that wants to move to night racing i think you need a few more lights before doing that.

I have to say i didn't think the lighting was any worse or better for that matter than Armadale but i think a few more light's would improve it even further.

• Like 2

I have to say i didn't think the lighting was any worse or better for that matter than Armadale but i think a few more light's would improve it even further.

I know that Sam and Justin were saying it was difficult at times with the lack of light at certain areas of the track. Maybe they just need to eat a few more carrots. :D

• Like 1

No it isn't, the issue is that there were falls, injuries and holdups on both sides, probably due in part to track conditions.

How can you say that there is nothing to back up that the track was to blame for the crashes last night nothing whatsoever.

And on a side note nobody mentioned the track until surprise surprise Edinburgh got beaten coincidence highly unlikely.

But in reality what you are saying that the falls were PROBABLY down to the track i despair i really do comedy gold at it's worst.

• Like 2

I really do have to laugh.

Glasgow have new owners and a new promotion.

They're beginners in speedway.

They've had an unbelievable start.

Improvements are evident each week.

They're learning as they go and not afraid to admit to themselves when things are wrong, and fix it.

They've invested heavily in the sport.

They've secured the long term future of speedway in Glasgow.

And what do we hear from the East ... promotion and fans ... petty nit-picking.

A long term secure Glasgow future is good for Edinburgh.

Can they not see that?

Or is it the usual narcissistic behaviour we've come to expect of them?

Or is it a case of "we've been around for years, we're superior, we have the t-shirt. You're just the petulant new kid on the block. How dare you"?

Or maybe, Glasgow's improvements put pressure on Edinburgh to up their game to give their fans an equally good product?

• Like 3

Just new on the forum and can't believe all this nonsense about young James being victimised. Do ALL the referees get it wrong?

I have attended some meetings at Glasgow this season when the blue and gold weren't there. Great facility, changed beyond belief but meetings took age to run. The letter given out (only to those not wearing Edinburgh colours) left a bad taste. This should have been a weekend celebrating our sport.

Hope all riders stay safe tonight.

• Like 3

How can you say that there is nothing to back up that the track was to blame for the crashes last night nothing whatsoever.

And on a side note nobody mentioned the track until surprise surprise Edinburgh got beaten coincidence highly unlikely.

But in reality what you are saying that the falls were PROBABLY down to the track i despair i really do comedy gold at it's worst.

The track was quite wet and a few around me on the fourth bend had the same opinion and with the cold conditions it became very icy quickly. I would say cook and sarjeant crashes were down to this as they both went fast and wide into the 3rd bend and due to the icy and wet conditions there was nothing there to hold the bikes up hence both back ends spinning out and both them sliding into the fence.

• Like 5

It's exactly what's wrong with speedway, there is always this obsession about striving for fairness. You won by < 6 at home? You only got 2 points? Oh no, have an extra point this year instead.

If Glasgow want to race Friday then let them do it. Edinburgh's protest is literally the most pathetic thing I've ever read. If you're scared of Glasgow stealing your fans then go and get some more of your own ffs. Glasgow's crowds have hone up markedly because they've made the effort, why not try the same instead of protesting?

Let them both race on a Friday and then it's survival of the fittest and if Edinburgh come out 2nd best then they'll have to budget accordingly.

Who knows, maybe they might not lose as much in future?

• Like 4

They're learning as they go and not afraid to admit to themselves when things are wrong, and fix it.

Can they not see that?

Or is it a case of "we've been around for years, we're superior, we have the t-shirt. You're just the petulant new kid on the block. How dare you"?

Or maybe, Glasgow's improvements put pressure on Edinburgh to up their game to give their fans an equally good product?

Its taken the new owners less than 12 months to get their measure. Now they know what they are dealing with. They will have learned cooperation only happens when it suits.

Times are changing, the establishment are being challenged and its our turn to be successful.

• Like 3

There are plenty meetings at this time of year run on wet tracks with ruts ect.Lighting isn't brilliant at a lot of tracks ,I'm sure if it is a problem at Ashfield it will be rectified for next season.Should not be used as excuses.

• Like 1

Can they not see that?

George this is one off the few occasions i have to dis-agree I don't think we need Edinburgh or vice versa yes the derbies are good and the crowd last night was awesome.

But what i think is our new owners now don't see Edinburgh as part off there plan's for Scottish speedway and improving it in general IE The facilities on offer , Training Track, Promotional and advertising activity, Growing and getting young people interested in the sport, Enhancing the product and putting on an entertainment show.

There are many more i could post but with the Stance Edinburgh have taken on the night we race i think they have maybe bitten off more than they can chew and i would hazard a very good case that our owners will not let this go and it is far from finished with.

So no in my opinion we would be fine without them can they say the same.

It's exactly what's wrong with speedway, there is always this obsession about striving for fairness. You won by < 6 at home? You only got 2 points? Oh no, have an extra point this year instead.

If Glasgow want to race Friday then let them do it. Edinburgh's protest is literally the most pathetic thing I've ever read. If you're scared of Glasgow stealing your fans then go and get some more of your own ffs. Glasgow's crowds have hone up markedly because they've made the effort, why not try the same instead of protesting?

Let them both race on a Friday and then it's survival of the fittest and if Edinburgh come out 2nd best then they'll have to budget accordingly.

Who knows, maybe they might not lose as much in future?

Pretty much sum's it up how we all feel in one post :t: .