British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

Agree with whats been said will take some beatings away and take a bit of time to gel at home with 3new riders,this could well be a team that peaks ready for the play offs.

• Like 1

So i take it the rule on Aussies has changed back to a 5.00 then if so what was the point in putting up to a 7.00 last year just to change it back the following year. Or does Allen have a British great great Uncle or something nobody has told us about.

• Like 3

So i take it the rule on Aussies has changed back to a 5.00 then if so what was the point in putting up to a 7.00 last year just to change it back the following year. Or does Allen have a British great great Uncle or something nobody has told us about.

anyone know the email address for UKVI?
  • Like 1

lets face it the Somerset Promotion are never afraid to make changes if necessary.

Sometimes before the season has even started

this could well be a team that peaks ready for the play offs.

But not with that line up Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Dave,,,

Sometimes before the season has even started

As Ty Proctor found out to his cost.

It's crap but they need to start again somewhere, no doubt BWD / Allen / Zach etc will be part of the future which might not be so crap.

Looks like the weakest team I've seen assembled in a long time. The three assessed riders are unproven and will take a while to get used to PL tracks and no third heat leader. Expect some thrashings away and a lot more closer meetings at home. Can't see us winning anything with this team but at least the match scores and racing will be interesting at home.

So either Aussies are a 5 now or Somerset has messed up for the 3rd year in a row. What will it be?

Jake Allen didnt make top 4 in Queensland so still needs to achieve that in another state final yet....

So either Aussies are a 5 now or Somerset has messed up for the 3rd year in a row. What will it be?

there are a number posting that there has indeed been a rule change back to an entry on 5.

Also seem to imply that cant drop below that starting 5.

Further more to requalify it seems that the 7 is still required as Proctors 6.68 was not sufficient and he still required the state final place?!

didn't ty win the Victorian championship and therefore is entitled to APPLY for a visa ?

• Like 1

I dont see the issue, as soon as the first averages come in, they will make at least one big signing to add to it, that is how I would see it. No way that team will finish the season, even if they all avoided injury.

didn't ty win the Victorian championship and therefore is entitled to APPLY for a visa ?

yes he did but without that his 6.68 would be considered not good enough despite a new rider (apparently) only having to be good enough to be considered a 5.