British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2016

Well done Brady Kurtz for winning in Aus today, bad luck Rohan hope he and Josh are not too badly injured.

Rohan got up quick and walked off the track okay, no sign of any injury..

good effort from kurtz . well done . so sad to see the dummy masters sulking. poor attitude from him at the presentation . once again well done Brady and thanks for the coverage . pl is going to miss him .

• Like 1

Well the Aussie Championship final A final had about as much excitement as a final in the PL pairs at Somerset, what with Rohan having been excluded in the B final after falling when out front and Brady being excluded for touching the tapes in the A final. Congratulations to Brady for winning it (in so un-dramatic style) and Rohan for taking fourth. Have I missed something though as the big boys weren't there?

Well the Aussie Championship final A final had about as much excitement as a final in the PL pairs at Somerset, what with Rohan having been excluded in the B final after falling when out front and Brady being excluded for touching the tapes in the A final. Congratulations to Brady for winning it (in so un-dramatic style) and Rohan for taking fourth. Have I missed something though as the big boys weren't there?

Out of last year's SGP boys, I don't think either Doyle or Holder snr were going to take part this year, but Jason would probably have missed out anyway whilst recovering from his injuries at the Aussie SGP and Chris is on holiday in the States. Batchelor was scheduled to take part in the Series, but broke an upper arm in a MX accident before Christmas.

• Like 1

Out of last year's SGP boys, I don't think either Doyle or Holder snr were going to take part this year, but Jason would probably have missed out anyway whilst recovering from his injuries at the Aussie SGP and Chris is on holiday in the States. Batchelor was scheduled to take part in the Series, but broke an upper arm in a MX accident before Christmas.

Ah ha, so I did miss "something". Thanks for that.

good effort from kurtz . well done . so sad to see the dummy masters sulking. poor attitude from him at the presentation . once again well done Brady and thanks for the coverage . pl is going to miss him .

Agree Jenga (first for me I think ha), was disappointed to see no Brady this year.
  • Like 1

I might be old fashioned, but well done the Somerset promotion and I think the Wyvern looks good.

• Like 1

WTF , is that ? Newport returns or what .

would have been better off with a pint of scrumpy on the jacket instead of a mythical puff the magic dragon . well at least in 2016 ,they seem to be playing by the rules .

• Like 3

adopted in 2013 ! ! loads of history .

It is of course a wyvern, not a dragon and is a commonplace emblem in the county so much more relevant than the second-hand use of the Oxford/White City Rebels design.

It's great to see a promotion using intelligence over the use of a questionable design as the confederate flag, widely recognised as the symbol of racism and totally irrelevant to Somerset.

Of course this will be irrelevant to many, as we have seen in this forum thread and will be ridiculed by the ill-informed but there will be plenty who respect this little piece of intelligence. Success is often down to attending to the minor details.It's good to see some in speedway can see the bigger picture.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2

Funny how about 5 or 6 years ago I questioned the flag no here and was shouted down. The club change it and it's a great change.

Speedway fans in being fickle shocker!

Edited by SCB

Funny how about 5 or 6 years ago I questioned the flag no here and was shouted down. The club change it and it's a great change.

Speedway fans in being fickle shocker!

Well hopefully you will be pleased then that Somerset have changed it

!