British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

zak wajknecht is going to whoever offers him the best deal, cos he`s hot property, I don't think rob is going to break the bank over a 3pointer.

adam ellis is not a 3pointer either,

No Adam Ellis aint a 3ptr as he comes in on his old 4+ PL average but Ellis Perks is a 3ptr. Granted Rob wont be held to ransom BUT the 3ptr can be the difference from also rans to serious contenders so for me worth pushing the boat out a bit. Would not suprise me to see Wilson-Dean and Wajknecht at Rebels. Would not expect either to be passengers.

I don't see what all the fuss is about young zak Wajknecht, look what he did riding for Sheffield at the end of last year, he was quite poor, yes he maybe a talent in the future but he has a hell of a way to go and i think there are better 3 pointers for next year like Greenwood,Greaves,Williamson, Scunthorpe will go for the cheaper option i think as all the 3 pointers are more or less the same standard so nobody is going to get a great advantage

• Like 1

Scunthorpe will go for the cost effective option. I don't believe the three pointers will be meeting winners it will be the other reserve who potentially has 5 rides who will hold sway at the bottom end of the team

If the 3 pointer is announced as the rider that I believe we have signed...and I'm fairly confident I know the identity of the rider in question....then I'd be more than happy. He's young, talented, certainly bags of potential and just the sort of rider a fast track system is designed to benefit.

• Like 1

i really wonder who Scunthorpes 3 pointer will be, there isn't anyone who jumps out at you, Benji Compton maybe

I wouldn't wish that on anybody....

• Like 3

Think we setting sights too low; George Wood ?, Josh Bailey ? James Shanes. Why would we not go for a big gun NL rider Wajknecht or Ellis Perks who I say again was darned unlucky to loose out last season. All due respect but what could we expect from the first three probably not a lot. But with Zach Wajknecht or Ellis your No6 has proper back up and these two can actually finish in front of the No6. The protected Heats where the 3ptrs will race are not throw away Heats!. We can have more than a 3-3 out of it if we make the correct call now. For me its a no brainer you go for a proven NL scorer Wajknecht or Ellis Perks fit the bill.

Shanes has a better NL average than Perks.

• Like 1

Question; are we running EVERY SUNDAY or EVERY OTHER SUNDAY in 2016 ?. Some EL tracks seem to be going to every other week; and do think this has merit. Particularly if we are trying to encourage fans to travel to the other tracks. So say the team race Sunday and then away to Redcar following Thursday; may make folks travel up to Redcar knowing there was no meeting at Scunny on the Sunday. Net result; crowds could get a boost all round with more travelling support to get their speedway fix.

Ellis Perks who I say again was darned unlucky to loose out last season.

How is quitting the PL being unlucky to loose his place!!

• Like 1

Don't forget your stockcars on a sat evening & the bank holiday meetings 

How is quitting the PL being unlucky to loose his place!!

I got the impression from Ellis's comment at the time that he had been dropped. Dont think he quit.

I got the impression from Ellis's comment at the time that he had been dropped. Dont think he quit.

I was under the impression that it was a mutual consent, from both parties.

I heard he asked to be dropped/replaced, got his wish...then a few weeks later he asked to come back. ?

• Like 1

Plymouth have signed Perks so James Shanes might be Scunny bound. I guess Oliver Greenwood will go to Somerset and Zak Wajknecht will go to Edinburgh.