British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Like you say, it could actually be done for not a massive cost at all - but begs the question why would you want to? I'm not sure what it's supposed to add, other than additional lighting.

One of the great things about speedway is when you can watch it under floodlights. In the old days; the lights hit the chrome of the bikes which added a extra dimension to it. The Shay Halifax was a great venue to watch under lights; there was a real aura around the place. Remember well Carter v Penhall for the Golden Helmet; when there was going on 10000 there to watch it; box office and under lights. Real sense of drama and spectacle.

• Like 2

One of the great things about speedway is when you can watch it under floodlights. In the old days; the lights hit the chrome of the bikes which added a extra dimension to it. The Shay Halifax was a great venue to watch under lights; there was a real aura around the place. Remember well Carter v Penhall for the Golden Helmet; when there was going on 10000 there to watch it; box office and under lights. Real sense of drama and spectacle.

Turn the floodlights on then? What about the negative side of things and obscuring certain viewing areas towards the track?

Top six finish for scunny with josh Bailey increasing starting average to 4.5 and zederdee to go to 7.5 think Ryan Douglas will have a top season going to about 8.5

• Like 1

Top six finish for scunny with josh Bailey increasing starting average to 4.5 and zederdee to go to 7.5 think Ryan Douglas will have a top season going to about 8.5

You forgot Josh Auty upping his average up to 10.

Wilkinson pushing his average up to 6.5

And Taylor and Alex upping their averages slightly above the 7 point.

• Like 2

In the National League?

• Like 1

You forgot Josh Auty upping his average up to 10.

Wilkinson pushing his average up to 6.5

And Taylor and Alex upping their averages slightly above the 7 point.

Can't see much improvement in josh unfortunately and Carl Taylor and Alex will flit between reserve one of them will improve there average but not sure on how much think it will depend on how long each one stays at reserve and that will depend on the fixtures and weather

Little optimistic about Bailey - although he deserves a chance - otherwise I don't think you are too far out.

Whatever the case, that's a young team with a lot of potential for improvement (Auty & Wilkinson perhaps aside) riding on the best track in the league. With that team, I think they'll make the play offs.

If I were a Scunny supporter, I'd be very much looking forward to 2016.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 6

Ryan Douglas has always been much more impressive at home than away. Would struggle to hit 8.5 unless he can up his away form!

Edited by szkocjasid

If we stay injury free then this can be a top 6 side,but we cant be slow starters like we normally are or we have to play catch up,this time we have an experienced number 6 and in carlos possibly the best in the league for me, then again we will always have a strong number 6 if he moves up, i believe zeberdee is next in line, possibly taylor and alex,

This year there are question marks against most teams, will Edingurgh and Somerset be dominant now they have lost a guaranteed 10 to 12 points man?

We never build sides with the likes of cookie, steady or barker etc so of course we will always be tipped to finish bottom 3,

Edited by neck brace tony
  • Like 1

Just checking updates in oz qualifier and taylor poole not competing it says he wants a break from speedway,i would have thought he would have wanted as much time on a bike as possible can anyone shed any light on this

reading on seems maybe s dispute about pts money

Edited by lewy