British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Outsider,i would imagine the promotion will be talking to any available rider in an effort to improve our fortunes but the rider in question has to want to do it and at this stage of the season will Proctor want to up sticks and come over?

Given the circumstances if the rider signed is Lewis Kerr I think it's a good move with maybe more to come if form doesn't improve

Unfortunate that Andreas has had to do that was impressed with him on Friday and think he was unlucky with his score, can see a minimum of 2 changes being made now due to this, unfortunately Alex has looked off the pace and I can see him being replaced.

To replace Lyager and Davies we would have 14.9 to play with, options we could go for are:

Ty Proctor - 6.68

Lewis Kerr - 6.59

Or another assed rider, would love someone like Mikkel Anderson but can't see that happening!

If we go with one of the 2 above leaves us with between 8.22 and 8.31 to replace the other rider although I haven't a clue who's available for them figures and would come tbh, I wonder if it would be possible to talk Porsing into coming back to the premier league on a 6.58 and looks a class rider in this league!

Edited by beaky11
  • Like 1

Scunny onto there 11th rider of the season. Incredible.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Outsider,i would imagine the promotion will be talking to any available rider in an effort to improve our fortunes but the rider in question has to want to do it and at this stage of the season will Proctor want to up sticks and come over?

Given the circumstances if the rider signed is Lewis Kerr I think it's a good move with maybe more to come if form doesn't improve

From what I have gathered Ty Procter was making his way back to the UK; so suspect he would be here if not already. Absolutely Lewis Kerr would be a good move; and his leaving Ippo took me by surprise; apologies to all if I appear to have jumped the tapes and signed him up already when that's the managements prerogative !

I don't think Ty has a visa so pretty sure still at home working so even if he signed for anyone would be a few weeks away.

Would be happy enough if I'd did happen although i still think we will be ok if one or two can regain some confidence

• Like 1

Unfortunate that Andreas has had to do that was impressed with him on Friday and think he was unlucky with his score, can see a minimum of 2 changes being made now due to this, unfortunately Alex has looked off the pace and I can see him being replaced.

To replace Lyager and Davies we would have 14.9 to play with, options we could go for are:

Ty Proctor - 6.68

Lewis Kerr - 6.59

Or another assed rider, would love someone like Mikkel Anderson but can't see that happening!

If we go with one of the 2 above leaves us with between 8.22 and 8.31 to replace the other rider although I haven't a clue who's available for them figures and would come tbh, I wonder if it would be possible to talk Porsing into coming back to the premier league on a 6.58 and looks a class rider in this league!

Rob said a couple of weeks ago that they've already spoken to Porsing but there's too many fixture clashes.

I don't think Ty has a visa so pretty sure still at home working so even if he signed for anyone would be a few weeks away.

Would be happy enough if I'd did happen although i still think we will be ok if one or two can regain some confidence

Agree; we are not a million miles off; is there not some satisfaction from turning the situation around with most of the team we have?. If the situation is as you say with Ty Procter then that's that with it; if we add Lewis Kerr then fine.

What I would campaign for in 2017 is a Transfer Window system; say two windows in a season; where you can change your team. Barring injury or unavailability you work with the 1-7 you declared at the start of the season until the first window and so on.

Guest riders (a necessity maybe in moderation) and the constant swapping and changing teams ruin the sport for me.

Any Scunthorpe fans remember 1972 ? battered up hill and down dale and I don't recall much in the way of change in that 1-7. Part of the excitement is seeing if we can up our game and get back in the game with the riders we have. I realise that some folks do not see it that way though.

Edited by the outsider

From what I have gathered Ty Procter was making his way back to the UK; so suspect he would be here if not already. Absolutely Lewis Kerr would be a good move; and his leaving Ippo took me by surprise; apologies to all if I appear to have jumped the tapes and signed him up already when that's the managements prerogative !

Sure that I have read somewhere that Ty is still back in Oz, he had received some offers from the UK but they were described at best not worth his while coming over for, and it is looking as though he will be stay ing at home.

ty trying to make up lost earnings from not starting the season in march . still next year he will be able to ride P.L.and E.L. due to him being out of the u.k. for over 12 months .i think with that comment that he has just frozen himself out of this season . next year , he will want even more wages to compensate for missing 2016.

pontus aspergren (if thats how you spell his name) a decent rider who would score points in the prem.

Sure that I have read somewhere that Ty is still back in Oz, he had received some offers from the UK but they were described at best not worth his while coming over for, and it is looking as though he will be stay ing at home.

After all the bleeting he`s done over the last year or so you`d think he`d be keen to get over here to show just how good he is. :rolleyes:

Any Scunthorpe fans remember 1972 ? battered up hill and down dale and I don't recall much in the way of change in that 1-7. Part of the excitement is seeing if we can up our game and get back in the game with the riders we have. I realise that some folks do not see it that way though.

I remember those seasons back in the 70's, every week a struggle... but loved it none the less.

Times have changed though.. we hardly had any assets back in the day.. or none with that much quality. What annoys us Scunny supporters now.. is seeing our own assets or riders that have grown up around the EWR riding against us. Just think what team we could have if we used some of these!. I don't think there's many clubs that hasn't got a rider with that 'Scunthorpe Factor' in their current team..

Edited by Albert
  • Like 3

We all would like to see the likes of Steve Worral etc at the club but riders move on for a variety of reasons,the one that is a big blow is TJ,a massive friend of the club and a real loss to the team,he felt a change of track would push him on to be a better rider and you have to respect that.

We have to develop our own as we can't throw money around to pull in others the downside is they will move on at some point

Edited by hunch

Come on Rob G. put all the "riders signed" rumors to bed and please tell us what the teams replacement riders are, or will we have RR against Edinburgh on Sunday????

Edited by archie21