British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Has it been confirmed that Holubs on a 3.0 Ave? The latest set of greensheet aves have got him down as 3... but is that an error?

It maybe manipulated come on shrimmy explain this one !!

The Scunthorpe web site has him with an assessed 7 point average at last month's cut off date but also claim his new average is 3.

Scunthorpe sign Cook !

http//www.onlykidding.haters.com

Can just imagine the look on Robs face when having to pay Cookie for a maximum every week... lol

Holub is confirmed as a three on speedway gb website rules is rules

Could you quote the RULE that states he can have a average of less than 5 because i think etheridge,bwd,jake allen,karger etc would be very interested in using it,if lyager signs for you after his 4home and4away will he also be allowed to drop below 5 aswell?
  • Like 1

Maybe they are getting away with it because he started last season and the rule is for this season?

• Like 1

Maybe they are getting away with it because he started last season and the rule is for this season?

That maybe the case would just like some clarity on how the rule has been applied not just some dumbass comment like rules is rules if so quote the rule
  • Like 1

Holub started racing for the Scorps in 2015 & rode in 3 meetings scoring 12pts from 15 rides. He was then signed to ride for the Scorps in 2016 & was an Assessed rider on 7.00. To obtain a true MA, he had to ride in 4 home & 4 away meetings. He was subsequently injured before his 4th away meeting.

His 4th away meeting was at Berwick last Saturday which meant he was to get an Actual MA 7 days later. He scored 23 points from 31 rides giving a MA of 2.97 but 3.00 is the lowest.

According to the Rules & Regs 2016, 18.6.2.1 states "No rider with an Assessed MA, other than the Category 4 rider, can drop below 5.00 at any time during the season".

I, also, found out earlier in the season, that in the LC t/r were allowed in the group stages & not KO stage, even though it states in the rule book that they are not allowed, to then find out that there are "sub" Rules & Regs which the referees have so all I can suggest is that there must be something similar out there.

The one rule that got brought in that everyone was happy with - and at the first chances has been dropped for self benefit. What a joke...

• Like 1

Maybe it's because that's his real average and his position in the team has to reflect that.. If we make further team changes later on in the season, Holub and Lyager would probably be counted as fives and hence give us less points to play with. I don't know, I'm only guessing.

Maybe because they aren't new riders to the league, they both rode some meetings last year, albeit without getting an official average.

???

He was still an assessed rider at the start of this year.

Hi, preview for Glasgow vs Scunny was due to be sent out tonight, but I'll get it together a bit sooner than that, so that we can clarify regarding Holub's average.

All the best

Rob

Hi, preview for Glasgow vs Scunny was due to be sent out tonight, but I'll get it together a bit sooner than that, so that we can clarify regarding Holub's average.

All the best

Rob

Could you quote the rule so everyone is aware of it,

Thanks in advance