British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

The ruling on being an asset is totally wrong. Any EL team can sign a rider & loan him out & never use him (eg S Stead) but in the PL, he/she has to ride in 12 meetings. Another rule (if I am right) needs to be addressed.

The ruling on being an asset is totally wrong. Any EL team can sign a rider & loan him out & never use him (eg S Stead) but in the PL, he/she has to ride in 12 meetings. Another rule (if I am right) needs to be addressed.

Not sure I get the Simon Stead reference?

What average was Holub dropped on, 3?

Even though he deserved to go as hed been pi55 poor all season, if he has been dropped whilst down on a 3 why not drop him when he was still 7?!

Even though he deserved to go as hed been pi55 poor all season, if he has been dropped whilst down on a 3 why not drop him when he was still 7?!

Don't think you can drop a rider with an assessed average. You have to wait till they get a official average

Don't think you can drop a rider with an assessed average. You have to wait till they get a official average

I believe that is only for 'new' riders. Holub rode last year so can be dropped (I think that's how it works!!).

Also, according to the Greensheets on the BSPA website, Holub has an average of 3 (which is an official average, I guess!).

Edited by Steve Park

Bit harsh Pinny; he looked the part when he arrived late last season; and what with the injury has never had the chance to show. He clearly has potential and Kings Lynn in particular recognise this. Something had to give though; and the way we were set up was to have a "big hitter" in the reserve berth; Wilko now gives us this.

Zdneck probably was not as well set up as Andreas will be; just a look over Facebook shows how Team Lyager are well backed. MPT will help with Andreas settling in and I expect them both to score the points we have been missing. MPT returns a far more experienced rider for his stint with Belle Vue in the Elite League and certainly around the EWR is capable of providing the "big hitter" scores to support Josh Auty.

• Like 2

I said the same - seems beyond stupid if you ask me.

I said the same - seems beyond stupid if you ask me.

How so? If the Scorpions sign Holub in future they will save 4 team building points yet in reality they haven't lost out on any now because Lyager is effectively replacing Holub as the 7 point man and Toft replaces Poole/Klindt.

On another note, a good double move to strengthen the team!

• Like 2

If so, what a bizarre choice to keep him in the side when he was injured, wait for him to come back and get a 3.00 average... Then sack him! Bizarre IF that's the case.

Najjer, just to clarify this point from the other day. Holub could not be dropped until he had done 4 home and 4 away. Scorpions had to wait until then.

Scorps management wanted Wilko back at reserve. The only way to achieve that was to take out Ash Morris and Zdenek Holub, who were both below Wilko in the averages.

Scorpions should now be stronger since: 1. MPT will score more points than Holub, 2. Wilko is now back at reserve, so overall team shape is better.

All the best

Rob

PS I thought you were sh*t hot on the rulebook, Najjer. Have you take your eye off the ball in the last couple of years. ;)

Edited by lucifer sam

Even so, signing a 7 point rider and sacking him when he acheives a 3.00 average is baffling

But then i dont see much in him personally, he cant be that good to drop to 3.00 can he?

and if he is that good, whats to stop say Berwick signing him to replace bager? And him averaging between 5-6? What have scunny gained out of that, or is he even their asset?

Youll defend it as its your club, but to the outsider its confusing unless Scunny have jusy realised hes crap, cut their losses and got on with it.

Kings lynn rating him means very little, afterall their the club who brought the likes of kolenko, stange, wallace, jan jaros etc to this country.

The clever thing to do is to replace him when he's on a 7 and before the 3 ave is applied. Later on you might be able to reintroduce him on the 3, if the MC allow you.

Good luck to Holub... We've seen glimpses of what he's capable of...he's a far better rider than his average would suggest. I'm sure, given his low average that someone will offer him a chance to fulfil his real potential.

Shame..but changes needed to be made. Holub was always the likely candidate to make way (whatever his average), I guess everyone was reasonably happy keeping hold of Auty, Douglas, Davies and Wilko as they're all capable of producing big scores around Scunny. Getting Wilko back in a reserve berth by replacing Holub with MPT was a no brainer really. That said, I don't think the changes significantly strengthen us, they should however make us a little stronger at home.

Its good that the club has honoured the decision to give Andreas Lyager another go, they could of easily reneged on the deal in order to bring in a more proven seven pointer. Hopefully Andreas will prove to be a shrewd signing... fingers crossed he doesn't turn out to be another 'Holub'..

Najjer, just to clarify this point from the other day. Holub could not be dropped until he had done 4 home and 4 away. Scorpions had to wait until then.

Scorps management wanted Wilko back at reserve. The only way to achieve that was to take out Ash Morris and Zdenek Holub, who were both below Wilko in the averages.

Scorpions should now be stronger since: 1. MPT will score more points than Holub, 2. Wilko is now back at reserve, so overall team shape is better.

All the best

Rob

PS I thought you were sh*t hot on the rulebook, Najjer. Have you take your eye off the ball in the last couple of years. ;)

Nothing to do with understanding how rules work - I'm just saying that Scunthorpe have been stupid!

What would be even better is if Holub goes and signs for someone else on a 3.00 and starts racking up the points!