British Speedway Forum

Depends what your priorities are ...

Absolutely. And it's pretty obvious what the priorities of any rider who wants to be World Champion should be.

Absolutely. And it's pretty obvious what the priorities of any rider who wants to be World Champion should be.

Perhaps Bomber's are to remain in the Series only ..... sponsorship etc from it?

then you must watch a repaly of some sort , great advert for speedway fantastic racing , dissapointed at the winner . but Like weatching speedway from 40 years ago at hyde road

disappointed at the winner lol you not British then??? Ah bless another Tai is an Aussie idiot

Excellent Grand Prix imo. Puts to rest the failings of last year, disappointed that I didn't make the trip back out there this year. I think the Poles will come in good in time, they are young and rode well. Tai grinding out the results tonight and in Krsko, riding like the champion he is. Disappointing night with Harris but what can you expect when he was riding in Scunthorpe last night at times he seemed on the pace but I think the new track and not practising yesterday caught him out.

I think this is shaping up to be a great series.

Great win from Woffinden :cheers: :drink:free-happy-smileys-346.gif free-happy-smileys-346.gif free-happy-smileys-346.gif

What a cracking GP.

Chris Harris, give it up as a bad job with a bit of dignity and allow Lindgren a spot when Hampel returns :nono:

• Like 3

Was not sure about the track at the start but after about heat 7 the racing got better and better.

Someone asked what engine Chris Harris was using, I recon one from a lawn mower, I could have got out of the start quicker on a push bike. If you want to be in the GPs next year Chris you need to relearn how to start.

One disappointment was the choice of gate from Freddie in the semi, but still made money on him.

Congratulations to Tai on the win

I am sure both Doyle and Kildemand will do far better at the next GP.

No hard feelings towards Poland,just because some plank is pretending to be one to gain attention.They have though failed miserably at this level which is a surprise.And it will be a pity really when Hampel comes back as Lindgren is looking good and Hampel is normally boooooring!

Im not against their riders they have/had many talented riders thats why its incredible they dont have many champions. In my opinion at this level mental toughness is very important and it seems like their coaching staff is too "eastern-european"...

Excellent Grand Prix imo. Puts to rest the failings of last year, disappointed that I didn't make the trip back out there this year. I think the Poles will come in good in time, they are young and rode well. Tai grinding out the results tonight and in Krsko, riding like the champion he is. Disappointing night with Harris but what can you expect when he was riding in Scunthorpe last night at times he seemed on the pace but I think the new track and not practising yesterday caught him out.

I think this is shaping up to be a great series.

I think a lot more than that 'caught him out.'

Im not against their riders they have/had many talented riders thats why its incredible they dont have many champions. In my opinion at this level mental toughness is very important and it seems like their coaching staff is too "eastern-european"...

I'd have thought that Poles were pretty tough people, they'be had to be in the past, they are probably under more pressure than any nation at the moment, failure is frowned upon it seems!

Rune Holta have never claimed to be Polish and we never called him one. He married a Polish lady and got our citizenship so it was easier for him to get into real speedway in Poland. Same thing did the Australian Tai Woffinden who just came to UK because it's closer to Poland and Sweden. That's why he doesn't ride in Britain, doesn't support British speedway and doesn't sing foreign to him anthems.

Just spoke to a friend who was there tonight. The Poles were leaving and shaking their heads. He overheard quite a few saying the same thing. Why are Poles never good enough when it matters?

A few were even burning their Polish scarves and said they were ashamed to be Poles. He overheard one saying he wanted to come to England because they produce more world champions than Poland.

• Like 3

Well done Tai - third world title this year? I hope so

Let's face it, it doesn't matter what preparations Chris Harris makes before each gp. He's never going to win.

World champions are born, not made.

When Scott Nicholls begins a sentence "Chris, bless him," you know that you're in trouble!

What a fantastic meeting, some great hard (but mainly fair) racing. You have to give it to the Poles, they create a great atmosphere and usually great race tracks.

Isn't it a shame though that the more exciting and close the racing gets, the louder Mr Shouty gets to ruin it for the viewing audience. I wish the world feed had a stadium mic feed so we can have the atmosphere without the shouty one.

Just spoke to a friend who was there tonight. The Poles were leaving and shaking their heads. He overheard quite a few saying the same thing. Why are Poles never good enough when it matters?

A few were even burning their Polish scarves and said they were ashamed to be Poles. He overheard one saying he wanted to come to England because they produce more world champions than Poland.

Christ, that's pressure indeed! Poor little sods.

Ah well - missed this one. I forgot it was on. That's the problem with Firestick - I have to remember......................... I'm not good at that. :sad: :sad: :sad: