British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Eastbourne and mildenhall have v good young riders but dont want to use them as to ruin potential 3 pt averages for 2017

Even more nonsense the leagues supposed to bring riders on and give them experience so how does that equate with teams that approach a win at all costs attitude.

No wonder the sport is in decline !

Edited by GWC
  • Like 1

Even more nonsense the leagues supposed to bring riders on and give them experience so how does that equate with teams that approach a win at all costs attitude.

No wonder the sport is in decline !

You have to remember that its not just the teams but the riders also that want to avoid a potentially inflated average. Given the current rolling averages it could be very easy for a rookie to complete 4-5 meetings against struggling opposition and score strongly in each. The rookie would then shoot up to a 6-7 point average and make themselves virtually un-signable for the upcoming season and effectively end their speedway career.

The system is floored no doubt about that. With RR It would be nice if other riders were used/given the chances to prove themselves, Maybe these free agents / number 8's shouldn't be able to achieve an average?

You have to remember that its not just the teams but the riders also that want to avoid a potentially inflated average. Given the current rolling averages it could be very easy for a rookie to complete 4-5 meetings against struggling opposition and score strongly in each. The rookie would then shoot up to a 6-7 point average and make themselves virtually un-signable for the upcoming season and effectively end their speedway career.

The system is floored no doubt about that. With RR It would be nice if other riders were used/given the chances to prove themselves, Maybe these free agents / number 8's shouldn't be able to achieve an average?

I am surprised when both Powell and Harris have been in the team they haven't taken Brennan as a No8 to take 3 of the rider replacement rides (along with Perks), give him a bit more experience at other tracks for next year without affecting his average . Only downside is its a fair ask to in effect taking rides in the No 2 position.

can anybody bring me up to speed on our reserve guest on sunday as i know nothing about Connor Fletcher. ta.

From Codsall (nr. Wolverhampton), has been doing MDL for the last two years.

I am surprised when both Powell and Harris have been in the team they haven't taken Brennan as a No8 to take 3 of the rider replacement rides (along with Perks), give him a bit more experience at other tracks for next year without affecting his average . Only downside is its a fair ask to in effect taking rides in the No 2 position.

Think your find that if a rider take a ride at number 8 it counts towards a meeting thats why jenkins and brennan hampshire will only do 3 meetings, but i many be wrong as i have asked the question before, i am thinking thats why they have been put on the side lines, good to see that the clubs are thinking of the riders and not just throwing them in and watching them hang themself for 2017, Jenkins has i think a CMA of about an 8 point average, which would have made him a number 1 in most teams at the start of 2017.

shame for the riders as i would have thought that they need track time but i guess its playing the rule book the clubs advantage, running RR is boring for us public but i rather have a full team go around as most of us would.

• Like 1

Think your find that if a rider take a ride at number 8 it counts towards a meeting thats why jenkins and brennan hampshire will only do 3 meetings, but i many be wrong as i have asked the question before, i am thinking thats why they have been put on the side lines, good to see that the clubs are thinking of the riders and not just throwing them in and watching them hang themself for 2017, Jenkins has i think a CMA of about an 8 point average, which would have made him a number 1 in most teams at the start of 2017.

shame for the riders as i would have thought that they need track time but i guess its playing the rule book the clubs advantage, running RR is boring for us public but i rather have a full team go around as most of us would.

Perhaps someone knows for sure as I'm sure I saw somewhere as long as a No8 only took r/r rides it didn't count. I'm really glad we have a sport where the rules are so easy and clear cut!

Perhaps someone knows for sure as I'm sure I saw somewhere as long as a No8 only took r/r rides it didn't count. I'm really glad we have a sport where the rules are so easy and clear cut!

I would like to think that was the case but have no idea if it is correct for certain. Personally i would like to see at least 3 of the RR rides taken by a number 8 each time so that riders are given the valuable experience they require.

Congratulations Ellis Perks both on your U19 Triumph and his call up into the Ipswich Team as a Guest.

Appearances as No 8 (who can only take the RR rides) do not count towards a rider's average. (Art 16.2.1)

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

There should be no such thing as R/R in the NL.

• Like 3

Drury had the 2 star reserves wrapped up for this year by sept 2015

Exactly & any teams with a level of sense will have one or both reserves signed up for next season already.

From Codsall (nr. Wolverhampton), has been doing MDL for the last two years.

thanks jj.

it's also very risky and potentially disastrous in an important meeting if one of the six gets ruled out of a meeting early on. i don't like it at all.

If this continues then the sport at this level will be a joke.

These boys need rides not kept in a cupboard to be brought out next year!!

So what if they get an average they ain't going to be a Dan Bewley are they!