British Speedway Forum

Good to see Cook looking to further his career, I hope it works for him, racing in leagues abroad plus getting into SGP Qualifiers should help in that direction. His decision to move on from Edinburgh might actually help the Edinburgh promotion in putting next years team together as it frees up quite a number of points.

• Like 1

He's still younger than when John Louis moved into the the senior league but JLwas far more

Successful (and inexperienced) when he made the move.

If he joins a Swdish club that suits his style then he could be a success but Poland would be very tough.

I do however think he might be very good and GB need the riders!

Good move. He can always come back to the PL if it doesn't work out, he has to give it a go. Just hope he get's a proper opportunity to show what he can do. He was very impressive towards the end of last season.

Will be a big loss the the Monarchs though. Riders who can pretty much guarantee those sort of points home and away don't come around very often.

• Like 1

Good move. He can always come back to the PL if it doesn't work out, he has to give it a go. Just hope he get's a proper opportunity to show what he can do. He was very impressive towards the end of last season.

Will be a big loss the the Monarchs though. Riders who can pretty much guarantee those sort of points home and away don't come around very often.

Totally agree. Maybe retire the Number 1 race jacket and ride 2 to 8.

Only joking BTW

Well, it's official ..... The end of an era!!! It has been an absolute pleasure watching Craig develop into the rider and person he has become and we have been blessed with watching him flying round the boards at track after track over the last 5 years knowing how proud he was to wear the Monarchs race jacket and fill the trophy cabinet.

Who do you want when the going gets tough, who do you want in a last heat decider? He will most definitely be missed and nigh on impossible to replace and on a purely selfish note, I am sorry to see him go but I wish him all the very best for his future progression.

A remarkable talent on a speedway bike!!!!! Good luck lad

• Like 2

Craig has done a phenomenal job for you in the last 5 years and as he says it is time to move on with EL and Poland.

I am sure that Edinburgh will still have a strong side which will be aiming to / reach the play offs.

Good Luck Edinburgh.... my trips to Edinburgh are now curtailed with Belle Vue being on Fridays.

Edited by KIRKYLANE

Craig has done a phenomenal job for you in the last 5 years and as he says it is time to move on with EL and Poland.

I am sure that Edinburgh will still have a strong side which will be aiming to / reach the play offs.

Good Luck Edinburgh.... my trips to Edinburgh are now curtailed with Belle Vue being on Fridays.

Take care of our boy please.

• Like 1

I think the doubters are going to get a fright when they see what this boy has began to do - remembering he was a late convert. He will be a GP regular in the next 3 years and fully expect him to be Belle Vue's #1 in 2016. There, I said it. If there is anything in his way, he will work through it.

• Like 2

I think the doubters are going to get a fright when they see what this boy has began to do - remembering he was a late convert. He will be a GP regular in the next 3 years and fully expect him to be Belle Vue's #1 in 2016. There, I said it. If there is anything in his way, he will work through it.

Id be willing to bet he wont be a full time GP rider theres some far better riders out there especially on the continent. People seem to be really over reacting because he had a decent last month

• Like 1

A decent last month?

Are you for real?

A slow first couple of months certainly but got better month by month.

A decent last month?

Are you for real?

Dominated Pl most of season,but Gps and Continental speedway will be a lot more difficult .I also doubt he will be a GP regular.

Personally can't see him becoming a full time GP rider but I hope he can do it and prove me wrong, class act at this level and looked the real deal during the EL play-offs.

A decent last month?

Are you for real?

Sorry but dominating the PL doesnt mean jack s**t when it comes to riding abroad and yes he only really had a decent last month in the EL other than that was very inconsistent

• Like 1

Personally can't see him becoming a full time GP rider but I hope he can do it and prove me wrong, class act at this level and looked the real deal during the EL play-offs.

I am of the same opinion to be honest, but then again who would have thought 3 or 4 seasons ago that Jason Doyle could have not only become a GP regular but also get himself into the top 8 of the GP.

• Like 1