British Speedway Forum

Not totally up to speed as to how these things work. Would we get a loan fee each year if he rides elsewhere? Might that be the best way to work it?

Yes.

Not totally up to speed as to how these things work. Would we get a loan fee each year if he rides elsewhere? Might that be the best way to work it?

I wouldn't accept a Cheque for £40,000 from any speedway promoter with giving it the rubber test.!!!!!

Maybe, but would it not be in Edinburgh`s best interests giving the current climate to bring in a large sum of money to the club.

and then pass it onto a certain 3rd party for services rendered .

If Cooks worth 40k then Coventry should be selling AJ and Nicholls for a combined 100k :D

what a selling club values a rider at and what a buying club values the same rider is a different story and usualy they meet somewhere in the middle

but arnt loan fees decided by different bands bassed on the riders average

Somebody has to own a rider. It makes sense to own a rider and save a loan fee, and also be in a position to get a loan fee if he is not in your team. Remember, apart from the reasons i have just stated, each club is required to own assets to a certain value, and if you don't, the difference between the actual value and the bond value has to be paid as a bond. Far better to have a rider of that value, and get loan fees if you are not using them.

It would save a lot of hassle if riders were only tied to a club for the length of their contract at said club though. Not sure how the system works in Poland for example but I'd imagine that riders are free to do as they please once their contracts are up over there?

Didn't realise the bit about clubs having to own riders to a specific value, surely this is partly responsible for clubs bring overseas riders in on assessed averages just to meet said criteria?

If Cooks worth 40k then Coventry should be selling AJ and Nicholls for a combined 100k :D

If Edinburgh want £40K for Cook then someone needs to get the West Lothian police drug squad round to the Scotwasted Monarchs stadium pronto.

• Like 1

Edinburgh didn't quote £40k - the journalist did.

Big difference.

• Like 1

Edinburgh didn't quote £40k - the journalist did.

Big difference.

Really! ;)

I suppose if we remember price the Tigers were forced to pay for Lawson and Summers....£40k for Cookie is about right

Edited by Monarchlad

It would save a lot of hassle if riders were only tied to a club for the length of their contract at said club though. Not sure how the system works in Poland for example but I'd imagine that riders are free to do as they please once their contracts are up over there?

Didn't realise the bit about clubs having to own riders to a specific value, surely this is partly responsible for clubs bring overseas riders in on assessed averages just to meet said criteria?

Not really, but if the bond for that promotion is say £30K, and the assets value is £20k, then £10K is needed to complete the bond value. It would pay to have an asset to either save a loan fee, or create a loan income.

I suppose if we remember price the Tigers were forced to pay for Lawson and Summers....£40k for Cokie is about right

Hokie Cokie?

Hokey pokey?

Okie dokie!

• Like 1

Hokie Cokie?

Hokey pokey?

Okie dokie!

Put me down for Hokey Pokey. :P:D

• Like 1

Put me down for Hokey Pokey. :P:D

Okie Dokie!

Smokie Smokie!

• Like 1

I suppose if we remember price the Tigers were forced to pay for Lawson and Summers....£40k for Cookie is about right

Well they paid half that for Lawson so sounds about right to me!

But in all serious nobody in the EL is going to pay that much for a rider

• Like 2