British Speedway Forum

Not riding over here isn't helping at all I'm sure once the season gets going Belle Vue and he starts scoring points he'll get picked over in Poland as they seem to go by who's in form. At the moment people like Tungate and Lahti are getting picked over him and he's a better rider than both them.

They may be cheaper,chasing big money is a dodgy business.He was trying to be ambitious though.IMO you don't have to ride abroad to be a GP rider ,I suppose riding against the top men might help though.There are plenty "Craig Cooks" in the sport regarding talent.

Isn't Steve Worrall still classed as an EDR even if he gets in the 1-5? In which case they only have Richie as a doubling up rider so it's fine.

Swindon have Josh G, Wright, Tungate and Nielsen as doubling up riders!

• Like 1

Isn't Steve Worrall still classed as an EDR even if he gets in the 1-5? In which case they only have Richie as a doubling up rider so it's fine.

Swindon have Josh G, Wright, Tungate and Nielsen as doubling up riders!

Yeah. Richie Worrall is the only Belle Vue rider officially listed as doubling up.

He'll need to move EL team then as they all ready have two riders doubling up in the Worralls

The rule is only 2 doubling up riders in the 1-5 so Belle Vue only have Worrall and Cook so that's fine. Reserves don't count

I rate Cook and think he is rightly ambitious for success and will achieve it. Peterborough will help him pay the bills and he is going to be on a big big stage when Belle vue get started at the NSS. Good luck to him (and his nads) the rest of the year. Just hope he qualifies for the GP.

Print those messages and stick them on the wall in his area of the pits. There you go, Max. There's your motivation. Go out there and prove them wrong. What good is that article going to do? If I'm Max Clegg and I wake-up this morning, check my Twitter and see that my boss has told the media words to the effect of "he's struggling and told me that a bad man is annoying him on Facebook, so I've gave him a cuddle", I'm not going to be motivated. That's going to do the opposite.

Also, I think Edinburgh's decision to drop Dan Bewley for tonight's meeting is questionable. Yes, he'll score well in the National League, but riders don't improve by competing against less-able opposition. The occassion, the atmosphere and the competitiveness of tonight's Scottish derby, a home meeting for Dan, will have been fantastic exposure for the young man. I've been a critic of Edinburgh's handling of their number seven race jacket and subsequent recruitment of Dan, but they've went with him, so they should stick with him. That's my opinion, anyway.

Please, I'm begging Edinburgh fans not to get on their high horse about this. Mr Blobby, stewmac and The Scotsman in particular. Let's have an unoffended discussion, if we must.

Print those messages and stick them on the wall in his area of the pits. There you go, Max. There's your motivation. Go out there and prove them wrong. What good is that article going to do? If I'm Max Clegg and I wake-up this morning, check my Twitter and see that my boss has told the media words to the effect of "he's struggling and told me that a bad man is annoying him on Facebook, so I've gave him a cuddle", I'm not going to be motivated. That's going to do the opposite.

Also, I think Edinburgh's decision to drop Dan Bewley for tonight's meeting is questionable. Yes, he'll score well in the National League, but riders don't improve by competing against less-able opposition. The occassion, the atmosphere and the competitiveness of tonight's Scottish derby, a home meeting for Dan, will have been fantastic exposure for the young man. I've been a critic of Edinburgh's handling of their number seven race jacket and subsequent recruitment of Dan, but they've went with him, so they should stick with him. That's my opinion, anyway.

Please, I'm begging Edinburgh fans not to get on their high horse about this. Mr Blobby, stewmac and The Scotsman in particular. Let's have an unoffended discussion, if we must.

Edinburgh and belle Vue both decided after discussions that it was best for his development to ride NL tonight. Not going to debate anything with you as it's a waste of time as proven in the past.

• Like 1

Keyboard Warrior you say? Monarchs you say?? Surely not?!!!!?!

I believe it's someone who doesn't even attend anymore so it's a strange one. the rest of us are behind Max and want too see him improve.

• Like 1

So did Edinburgh contact the BSPA comitee to veto Cooks move to Peterborough?

Edited by damosuzuki

I believe it's someone who doesn't even attend anymore so it's a strange one. the rest of us are behind Max and want too see him improve.

Dekker? 😜😜
  • Like 2

The occassion, the atmosphere and the competitiveness of tonight's Scottish derby, a home meeting for Dan, will have been fantastic exposure for the young man. I've been a critic of Edinburgh's handling of their number seven race jacket and subsequent recruitment of Dan, but they've went with him, so they should stick with him. That's my opinion, anyway.

the rest of us are behind Max and want too see him improve.

How on earth you've came to that conclusion from my post is absolutely beyond me.

How on earth you've came to that conclusion from my post is absolutely beyond me.

How have you came to the conclusion I was even talking about something you said. If you look again it's damosuzuki post that I've quoted and talked about nothing to do with yours.