British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2016

Nobody is forcing anybody to pay £23, it's a matter of choice. The view from anywhere in the stadium will be good. If you want to stand you can pay less than at many EL tracks and still get the benefits of a 21st century stadium with a track that looks like it's going to provide excellent racing.

You can't compare it to Poole or any other old rented stadium. This is a brand new stadium purpose built for speedway, a flagship stadium that has to be paid for and it will be Belle Vue supporters who will have to provide the bulk of that income. I have bought my season ticket for the £20 seats and consider it good value compared to what I paid last year to watch speedway at Kirkmanshulme Lane.

Will there be an additional charge for the car park ?

Don't understand the fuss, if you want to stand or bring your own seat you pay £17 can't get anywhere cheaper and some PL tracks are that price now.

If you want a plastic seat with a better view in grandstand with better facilities you pay £20

If you want a padded seat with best view by the tapes you pay £23.

Nobody is forcing you to pay anything, stop moaning!

• Like 7

Don't understand the fuss, if you want to stand or bring your own seat you pay £17 can't get anywhere cheaper and some PL tracks are that price now.

If you want a plastic seat with a better view in grandstand with better facilities you pay £20

If you want a padded seat with best view by the tapes you pay £23.

Nobody is forcing you to pay anything, stop moaning!

If I go to other stadiums then I pay £17 to sit down so yes you can get seating in other stadiums for cheaper

I'm guessing that no other EL track has dropped their prices then? Kudos to Belle Vue for building a state of the art new circuit and then making it cheaper for fans to view.

The £23 plush seats are a commendable venture as many have proposed increased costs. It's the best chance to try it out as raising the fee as some manky rented dog track wouldn't work.

Is all swings and roundabouts anyway as due to the generous age bandings at Belle Vue it's often cheaper when taking family groups, even when sitting, again an excellent bit of promotion from The Aces.

Yes, they dropped their price to make it the same as the other EL tracks!! 😂 So they have been ripping fans off in previous seasons then? :)

• Like 1

Yes, they dropped their price to make it the same as the other EL tracks!! So they have been ripping fans off in previous seasons then? :)

I think you'll find that last year some EL clubs were more expensive and a very few might have been cheaper. Most people expect to pay more for the quality of their surroundings and the facilities provided, yet amazingly at the new stadium you have the choice to pay less than at most EL tracks. What is there to moan about?

• Like 1

Most people expect to pay more for the quality of their surroundings and the facilities provided?

Then surely it should have been £17 at Kirky Lane and £18 at new stadium? Not sure about this season but Poole kept it at £17 for last few seasons.

Then surely it should have been £17 at Kirky Lane and £18 at new stadium? Not sure about this season but Poole kept it at £17 for last few seasons.

Ok, I'll get the placards made now and organise the protest. How dare they reduce prices, we demand an increase. B)

Maybe you should get hold of Matt and demand to know why he is charging the same minimum entrance fee as Belle Vue for such relatively poor facilities.

Edited by Aces51

Can't understand all this bickering over prices. Good luck to Belle Vue in the new stadium.

Just another question - do the new £20/£23 admission prices include a programme?

PS. The 'proposal' to redevelop Poole Stadium is still on the table for consideration!!!!!

Cant understand this

Lots of grumbles about paying £17 (or whatever) for a dilapitated old stadium with toilets dating back to the 18th century and non existant creature comforts that 21st spectators demand

then an enterprise supplies it all in a brand spanking new stadia, charges a few quid extra, and same peeps grumbling.

• Like 3

Can't understand all this bickering over prices. Good luck to Belle Vue in the new stadium.

Just another question - do the new £20/£23 admission prices include a programme?

PS. The 'proposal' to redevelop Poole Stadium is still on the table for consideration!!!!!

As far as I am aware, the prices do not include a programme, unless you have a season ticket where the package includes a programme.

Another point raised is parking, and no there is no parking included in the admission price, all the parking spaces at the stadium have to be bought, and I doubt there will be any left for many of the fans. It is not yet clear on where people will be able to park, it has been suggested that the Cinema car park could be used, but nothing official has been said. No doubt it will be expensive, I can see a situation whereby men in high-vis jackets will be roaming about asking for money to park, like you get at Old Trafford.

I do detect the little green idol of envy from some of the Poole fans on here.

As has been said, it is your choice what you pay, at least the stadium will not be one sided viewing like some.

No green-eyed monster from this Poole fan!! Good luck to Belle Vue and the new stadium - best thing to happen to British Speedway in years and I hope the same goes for the new Swindon racetrack (as well as the new Poole Stadium whenever the developers get their way!!)

• Like 3

Why are you getting your knickers in a twist when you have already said you won't be coming.

You are happy to pay £17 to sit on a wooden bench covered by an asbestos roof, we are happy to pay £17 for a brand new stadium with great facilities.

• Like 3

No green-eyed monster from this Poole fan!! Good luck to Belle Vue and the new stadium - best thing to happen to British Speedway in years and I hope the same goes for to the new stadiumthe new Swindon racetrack (as well as the new Poole Stadium whenever the developers get their way!!)

agree about bv,hoping for the best for swindon tho planning problems arose last wk re parking and the acess rd (full statement from planners available on "greyhound scene" website sorry cant do a link) and hope the developers dont get to much of their own way skidder at poole that would mean more and more flats,lets leave it as it is as a developed poole stadium isnt gauranteed a speedway track

Why are you getting your knickers in a twist when you have already said you won't be coming.

You are happy to pay £17 to sit on a wooden bench covered by an asbestos roof, we are happy to pay £17 for a brand new stadium with great facilities.

Oh dear. I am just debating a point. I think I have done it quite well. I haven't slagged BV off and made insults like you are doing. Maybe I will next time if that is your level.

The whole point is a BV fan, saying BV is the cheapest. It isn't. Other clubs have charged the same. Well done BV for not being one of the most expensive anymore! 👏👏👏

Edited by lisa-colette