British Speedway Forum

I'm not sure if this is further forward but here is what Alum Rossiter had to say on Facebook today ~ copied because I know you aren't on there TWK. :wink:

Lady's and Gentlemen this is the Home of Swindon speedway until you see another building going up we will continue to race at the Abbey . The time to worry is when they start to knock down this stadium down and there isn't a new one in the corner. As I was at the very first council meeting from the off,the council made it very clear that the new one had to be built before they take down the Abbey. Understand your frustration but we have a track we have a team so let's not worry about the new one until it's built.

Thank you very much Gemini. :t::approve:

I hope your Dogs are well. :)

This really has been a public relations disaster and hasn't been handled at all well.

Remember steve - this is Speedway. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Situation normal. :sad: :sad:

• Like 1

Thank you very much Gemini. :t::approve:

I hope your Dogs are well. :)

Remember steve - this is Speedway. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Situation normal. :sad: :sad:

...but I think that you'd agree that even within speedway's standards this is one hell of a mess...considering that the farewell meeting was held the season before last! It has been handled badly and information lacking as regards development and /or progress of same.

• Like 2

Is it me!!!! My understanding is the new track partly covers where the old track is so how can the new track be finished and ready to race while the old track is being demolished. It would mean the old track disappearing and the new track being finished off in a couple of days.

...but I think that you'd agree that even within speedway's standards this is one hell of a mess...considering that the farewell meeting was held the season before last! It has been handled badly and information lacking as regards development and /or progress of same.

Yes - just when something goes belly up (Belle Vue :sad: ) they manage to improve on the cock up. :( :(

• Like 1

Yes - just when something goes belly up (Belle Vue :sad: ) they manage to improve on the cock up. :( :(

Why not offer Swindon a ready made stadium...Oxford!

Hoow would the Swindon Fans feel about that though?

Hoow would the Swindon Fans feel about that though?

Oxford 'Budgies' has a nice ring to it!

I remember Robert Maxwell (remember him?) wanting to relocate Oxford Utd and amalgamate with Reading and call the team Thames Valley! Imagine the uproar that caused!

Edited by steve roberts

Trouble is, that stadium has the Sword of Damocles hanging over it too!

If Oxford Stadium was available, there would already be a team racing in it!

• Like 2

Is it me!!!! My understanding is the new track partly covers where the old track is so how can the new track be finished and ready to race while the old track is being demolished. It would mean the old track disappearing and the new track being finished off in a couple of days.

It did on the original plans but then the position of the new stadium was moved so there is now no overlap, the biggest issue will be the space for fans to park, if a lot turn up for a big meeting, as the new stadium is in some of the present car park, which is why it should have ideally been built between the end of one season and the start of the next.

Edited by A ORLOV

If Oxford Stadium was available, there would already be a team racing in it!

I was only jesting...it's a crying shame what has happened at Cowley. As a life long fan of 'The Rebels' & 'Cheetahs' it annoys me that there is a stadium sat in Oxford doing nothing because the owner is so pig-headed to allow it to be used for what it was intended. I did once question this with a representative of the then owners (the GRA) and was fobbed off but I didn't believe what she was saying...and I've been proven correct since. The remit is to run the facility down and sell it off at a profit for development...and I can see that happening despite the intervention of the council and everybody fighting for its survival. I wish them well...I'm certainly flying the flag up here in York (although people here are generally ignorant of speedway) by having a poster in the window of my car.

Interesting to read about the large number of pop-up brothels in Swindon.

Why Swindon? Does this explain the slow progress with the new stadium?

Interesting to read about the large number of pop-up brothels in Swindon.

Why Swindon? Does this explain the slow progress with the new stadium?

it's about a valid excuse as the weather and Xmas Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE