British Speedway Forum

Honestly WK walking down that road is like walking in Beirut very intimidating at night.

And if you are that way inclined services are provided.??

Nothing too intimidating there Sid, worse places in Swindon, from my cab driving days, not as bad as certain areas in bigger cities. Try a stroll round Kings Cross, North Peckham, White City, Ackney, Brixton, Tottenham, North Clapham, Harlesden, with yer white face. Edited by beefy keefy

Nothing too intimidating there Sid, worse places in Swindon, from my cab driving days, not as bad as certain areas in bigger cities. Try a stroll round Kings Cross, North Peckham, White City, Ackney, Brixton, Tottenham, North Clapham, Harlesden, with yer white face.

Been there - done that.

I didn't feel intimidated but on occasions, of an evening, I never saw a white person. Nothing wrong with that - but it did seem strange in our Capital City.

Been there - done that.

I didn't feel intimidated but on occasions, of an evening, I never saw a white person. Nothing wrong with that - but it did seem strange in our Capital City.

I thought Tottenham is a Jewish area TWK? I hope I am not sounding racist? :nono:

• Like 1

There's a big 'Jewish area' in North London I haven't frequented Tottingham for a while but have done a bit of business in Kingsbury Golders Green Colindale Stanmore defiantly a big congregation of Jewish people but I think most areas of Greater London is far more mixed I.e Jewish Muslim Sikh yadder yadder than ever before not so segregated these days

I thought Tottenham is a Jewish area TWK? I hope I am not sounding racist? :nono:

Not at all Ray mate!
  • Like 1

Bangladeshis in Tower Amlets, big Muslim and Hindu population in east London,big African population in souf London, Peckham...my old manor,Greenwich, Brixton, Lambeth, Lewisham,loads of Oirish in Islington and Kilburn, Sikhs in Southall. Remember all the kosher butchers in Stanmore, Golders Green, Stamford Hill. Mill Hill used to be posh but loads of eastern Europeans and others have moved in. Plenty of Aussies in Shepherds Bush and Fulham, Lebanese in Edgeware Road, sure theres some Cockneys somewhere.

Wouldn't walk around Broadwater Farm, Tottingham, black gangs and big drugs turf wars with the local Turks.

Edited by beefy keefy

Bangladeshis in Tower Amlets, big Muslim and Hindu population in east London,big African population in souf London, Peckham...my old manor,Greenwich, Brixton, Lambeth, Lewisham,loads of Oirish in Islington and Kilburn, Sikhs in Southall. Remember all the kosher butchers in Stanmore, Golders Green, Stamford Hill. Mill Hill used to be posh but loads of eastern Europeans and others have moved in. Plenty of Aussies in Shepherds Bush and Fulham, Lebanese in Edgeware Road, sure theres some Cockneys somewhere.

Wouldn't walk around Broadwater Farm, Tottingham, and big drugs wars with the local Turks

I remember in 1963. my pal and me were on a speedway a night car holiday, and we visited New Cross. Being Northern boys we were not used to coloured immigrants at that time, and we were amazed and shocked to see practically everyone was foreign. People walking down the main street , driving the buses, serving in shops. It was a massive shock to the system to see such an alternative society. We laughed that the only white people in the street were the staff in the Post Office. Sort of symbolic,

Wouldn't walk around Broadwater Farm, Tottingham, and big drugs wars with the local Turks

theres loads of cockerneys , in Peterborough and Milton Keynes but very few where they originated from , went on a nostalgia trip with mrs speedi ,and her mother. to her mothers birthplace , bethnal green , Poplar , hackney , mile end , Poor old mum in law got proper upset when she saw what a rubbishhole it had turned into ,full of immigrants , we bogged off and did all the tourist stuff Buck house etc that she had seen a thousand times ,but at least it didn't upset her , she would never go back up until she died ,too painful , Just like mnost places of my youth are too painful to revisit because they are all full of Immis

theres loads of cockerneys , in Peterborough and Milton Keynes but very few where they originated from , went on a nostalgia trip with mrs speedi ,and her mother. to her mothers birthplace , bethnal green , Poplar , hackney , mile end , Poor old mum in law got proper upset when she saw what a rubbishhole it had turned into ,full of immigrants , we bogged off and did all the tourist stuff Buck house etc that she had seen a thousand times ,but at least it didn't upset her , she would never go back up until she died ,too painful , Just like mnost places of my youth are too painful to revisit because they are all full of Immis

Yep drove through Peckham on Saturday, totally changed from the 60s. No cockney accents unless you go to Essex, Herts, or Kent, or even the overspill towns such as Swindon, Northampton, etc.,and the 50 others where over a million Londoners settled post-war.

Edited by beefy keefy

Have relatives in Willesden/Neasden it just smells off Barbeque chicken and Lamb....no complaints there lol but it is incredible the amount of different nationalities that reside mind you dome of them are easier to understand and get on with than my relatives!!

I am a south Londoner born and bred, but 15 months ago I sold up and moved out. All the congestion and overcrowding finally took it's toll on me. I still work in london, but now live in the surrey countryside. I should have cleared off years ago.

Speedway may be dying a death, but racist bigotry is alive and well on The BSF!!!!!

• Like 1

Speedway may be dying a death, but racist bigotry is alive and well on The BSF!!!!!

why is it bigotry to comment on the amount of a type of people who live in a particular area?

Are we supposed to pretend its not true? No one is saying gas them or send them home.

In my home town asians live mainly up the west end - thousands of them - fact - end of - am i supposed to ignore the fact

I enjoy the diversity in big cities - white faces are usually welcomed - not always - so who are the bigots in that case?

• Like 4

Talk about an overreaction! Plenty of observational comments but nothing untoward here that I can see.

• Like 4

Mr Snackette what sort of anal do-Gooder are you ??!! Unbelievably precious clearly it's just facts not a racist comment just a bloody fact! The multicultural aspect of North London (in my case) only adds to the atmosphere generally really not sure what you problem is

Edited by hagonshocker