British Speedway Forum

Now all you need is that couple from Mildenhall to move in and take legal action about the noise...

Now all you need is that couple from Mildenhall to move in and take legal action about the noise...

Imagine Mr Osbourne already has that in hand....

Drove past Ellesmere Port speedway today, I reckon all the men and machines that you need at Swindon to get that stadium built are at EP completely flattening that stadium. Bit ironic.

Drove past Ellesmere Port speedway today, I reckon all the men and machines that you need at Swindon to get that stadium built are at EP completely flattening that stadium. Bit ironic.

June 1972 my first s/way meeting was at the Port one of the best tracks in the country IMO hope the same fate does not befall the Robins don't let up keep pushing as much as you can

Edited by FAST GATER

How long before the bulldozers flatten the current stadium for housing to be built on it? I'm led to believe that the old stadium can't be torn down until the new stadium is operational, but as that looks like being way off into the future, if ever, what else is to stop the old stadium being demolished if the new stadium never gets built?

How long before the bulldozers flatten the current stadium for housing to be built on it? I'm led to believe that the old stadium can't be torn down until the new stadium is operational, but as that looks like being way off into the future, if ever, what else is to stop the old stadium being demolished if the new stadium never gets built?

IF it is true what you stated above (your second sentence) - then you have answered your own question.

If it can't be pulled down until a new Stadium is in place, even if the new Stadium doesn't happen, at least you still have the old one.

What are the odds of the bulldozers 'accidentally' flattening it?

What are the odds of the bulldozers 'accidentally' flattening it?

unexpected fire

• Like 2

Hope the new stadium comes off, soon, as viewing at present is not good, need to be up higher to really see and appreciate the action.

Now a good 2 years down the line since questions started to be asked in earnest, and GI have by the sounds of it done eff all. Lets face it, we've said it a million times - the stadium will never be built and the question is where do Swindon go from here.

Swindon speedway has a good support and it looks like it's going to be destroyed slowly unless people actually grab the bull by the horns.

• Like 2

Now a good 2 years down the line since questions started to be asked in earnest, and GI have by the sounds of it done eff all. Lets face it, we've said it a million times - the stadium will never be built and the question is where do Swindon go from here.

Swindon speedway has a good support and it looks like it's going to be destroyed slowly unless people actually grab the bull by the horns.

There is a distinct lack of interest in getting on with the job from certain parties( whoever they may be) IMO

Personally think it needs Mike and Per to sound out big local business about building our very own multi use stadium elsewhere and run to its fullest potential , motorsports , concerts etc , now I know locals would only support it as a concert venue in a limited way but the money is in attracting people nationwide and that does happen when it's big musical acts involved but this Town has always acted small town it's about time it stopped

Personally think it needs Mike and Per to sound out big local business about building our very own multi use stadium elsewhere and run to its fullest potential , motorsports , concerts etc , now I know locals would only support it as a concert venue in a limited way but the money is in attracting people nationwide and that does happen when it's big musical acts involved but this Town has always acted small town it's about time it stopped

if it ever does get built I don't think it's going to big enough to have any other sports , it's basically with a bit over the current car park , if they put a greynound track there too I think the speedway is going to be the size of mildenhal Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Are Swindon greyhounds still operating? If so then presumably Stadia UK will want that to continue?!