British Speedway Forum

For the houses currently under construction, is there a Marketing Suite/Show Home? If there is, surely they will have an up-to-date site plan?

Any locals fancy having a look over the weekend to find out? Must be worth a shot!

• Like 1

a casual question to the sales person - what about the speedway noise? Oh don't worry itsgoing away

a casual question to the sales person - what about the speedway noise? Oh don't worry itsgoing away

I've just checked out 'Smart New Homes' which is the development in Blunsdon and it clearly states in one of the current property's details under local facilities that Abbey Stadium, popular for Speedway and Greyhounds, is due to have a 5 million pound revamp!

• Like 3

I've just checked out 'Smart New Homes' which is the development in Blunsdon and it clearly states in one of the current property's details under local facilities that Abbey Stadium, popular for Speedway and Greyhounds, is due to have a 5 million pound revamp!

Listed as a local leisure facility here.http://www.smartnewhomes.com/new-homes/developers/branch/redrow-abbey-farm-swindon-81215/?from_fd=1#X4gmVbpUXZEuOgxK.97

• Like 1

The speedway is ok it is those dogs barking all the time that is a pain :o

I did hear that they carried out a survey of the owners of the housing that has been there for a few years and the most annoying thing is the noise from the loud speakers around the track.

Edited by A ORLOV

The speedway is ok it is those dogs barking all the time that is a pain :o

I did hear that they carried out a survey of the owners of the housing that has been there for a few years and the most annoying thing is the noise from the loud speakers around the track.

The biggest problem is the odour wafting from the bogs.

• Like 2

No that's just the smell of the bullsh*t....

Revamped into houses....
  • Like 1

How dare you those Bogs hold fond memories for me😆Mainly because we used to climb the wall where the buses used to park up and aim for the smelly bogs.
  • Like 1

How dare you those Bogs hold fond memories for meMainly because we used to climb the wall where the buses used to park up and aim for the smelly bogs.

I used to frequent the toilets down the bank on the exit of the fourth bend!

I used to frequent the toilets down the bank on the exit of the fourth bend!

From 1968/69 i always watched from the fourth bend mainly because i got Autographs before the meeting.At that time there used to be a cheap/Dear side i very rarely watched it from the starting gate as the gate that separated the two sides opened at about race 9.

From 1968/69 i always watched from the fourth bend mainly because i got Autographs before the meeting.At that time there used to be a cheap/Dear side i very rarely watched it from the starting gate as the gate that separated the two sides opened at about race 9.

Used to annoy me promotions that charged a two rate system...Poole comes to mind if one wished to sit in the grand stand as did Coventry and Peterborough amongst others If I recall?

How dare you those Bogs hold fond memories for meMainly because we used to climb the wall where the buses used to park up and aim for the smelly bogs.

Were you there in 1968 GB v Sweden?..more queuing to climb in on the bog roof than at the turnstiles. Official attendance around 12000...more like 15000 packed onto the Abbey grassbanks.