British Speedway Forum
robert72

Tai Should Never Ride For Team Gb Again

Why dont you forward a cogent argument for your statement rather than a load of Daily Mailesque rubbish

Watching Tai sing the Australian anthem with so much pride then joke around through the British Anthem just showed his true colours and he was so disrespectful to our country and those who represent it.

Time we dropped him as what does he really do for British speedway ?

forget the your a tai hater, this post is about being a True and Proud Brit which is Not what tai is and it was clear to see.

Lets hope that Robert Lambert doesn't sing the German national Anthem if he wins anything,that will finish you off.
  • Like 1

Jerusalem should be our anthem, rousing stuff.

isn't that Spurs anthem? :shock:

• Like 1

It didn't bother me seeing Tai singing along to the Australian anthem, as he was back in the country he grew up in.

But I guess it wouldn't have killed him if he'd put down his bottle, taken off his cap and just stayed silent for a couple of minutes, while our anthem was playing.

Edited by Terry
  • Like 3

At leat Australia have an anthem that is actually about their country, not some outdated monarchy . If North Korea forced people to sing about how great their leader is we'd be mocking them , but in this country we are quite happy to do it ourselves, time for a new anthem altogether I say, one that is actually about the UK

Isn't the Austrailian anthem a song/ anthem about the Prince of Wales they adopted??

Edited by scottyfan

They've been trying to make that work at Twickenham before the England rugby internationals for years. A few fans sing along but put very basically, the experiment has not and is not working. GSTQ is, however, sung by all!

I always sing the ELP version of Jerusalem and finish ages after everyone else.

• Like 5

It didn't bother me seeing Tai singing along to the Australian anthem, as he was back in the country he grew up in.

But I guess it wouldn't have killed him if he'd put down his bottle, taken off his cap and just stayed silent for a couple of minutes, while our anthem was playing.

He does seem to show a lack of respect.

• Like 1

He does seem to show a lack of respect.

He's young - he'll learn.

I hope.

• Like 1

What does it matter which country someone represents in an individual meeting? Obviously all anthems should be respected, even if they're terrible, about the Queen or whatever, but it's a bit ridiculous trying to link this to Remembrance Day.

More generally, whilst I've every respect for British soldiers, forcibly making people 'respect' Remembrance Day is missing the point of what it's about.

• Like 2

perkdon, on 08 Nov 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

Robert72 you need a hobby, you started the exact same thread last year and the majority thought you were talking rubbish. Nothing has changed.

He has a hobby. Unfortunately it still leaves one hand free to type...

• Like 5

Is this poster going for the most stupid thread award now that MF has stopped posting them, or more likely they are the same.

That won't please the Scots, however I do think it an excellent choice for an English anthem

i think it might be more acceptable to scotland , there wouldn't be a verse ending " and like a torrent rush , rebellious scots to crush, god save the queen". you sassenach , :rofl:

isn't that Spurs anthem? :shock:

ouch ! and not very p.c. funny though