British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

My first visit to BelleVue. What a fantastic stadium. Viewing from the first bend spectacular with the belle Vue Mexicans infull voice with drunken Russians and Poles.

Crap racing though.

• Like 2

Not the best of racing and in reality you would have been better off without the USA. They made up the numbers but the lack of competitive riders sadly detracted from it being a good event to watch. The racing was not as good as the earlier rounds and with the Russians also being a little off the pace one can only hope that what is served up tomorrow Is competitive hard but safe racing. I do still wonder why this is an annual event and effectively a four team tournament rather than six or seven man teams in a knock out competition and perhaps every two years with the final eight teams then whittled down to then a 4TT final. Good luck to all in the final

The track at the end of the meeting will hopefully be more akin to the one that starts tomorrow meeting..

Rocket ships in the hands of exceptionally skilled riders on a grippy track always puts passing at a premium.

Still, great to see riders not usually on our shore riding in front of a decent crowd in a British venue truly worthy of hosting the SWC..

Best of luck to Tai and the lads tomorrow...

Can anyone confirm if Mark Lemon when picking the riders for heats 16 to 20 initially put Jason in 19 and Brady in 20 or had I had too much to drink.

I've been to the NSS four times, and the racing was far better than tonight on every occasion. I hope they get the prep right for tomorrow.

• Like 1

Fantastic stadium, great crowd and a close scoreline..

Unfortunately the track was terrible, meaning riders spaced out terribly. The only drive available was coming off the inside of the 4th bend. A few Belle Vue fans by me were so annoyed that the racing was poor as they've seen so much better every week. Also no PA system for the massive temporary East Stand??? Surely that hasn't skipped someones mind!? And the Americans......

Cant wait till tomorrow though!

I can't believe that the thousands in the East stand are not considered important enough to have an extension to the PA system so that we hear what the hell is going on.

This must be fixed for tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Got to add my disappointment about the racing being not at its best. Good to Emil again but a bit disappointed in his performance to be honest.

The stadium really looks good, but the same grumble as others who were in the East stand - no sound system there worth mentioning of and the big screen was too far away to be able to read what was going on. Great viewing from East stand though.

Tonight I took a friend with me as the wife wasnt feeling her best, tomorrow she says she going but that will cause a problem, as I am sure she will want something to eat but she wont like the choice - its either this burger bar or that burger bar. Not allowed to take own food in, yet there are many people whose digestive system will not allow then to eat burgers or chips etc.

And the "missing Greg", disappointed and annoyed at the same time. Sorry, but he let the fans down badly, very badly and I think a lot of fans will remember this night, I certainly will. I dont do social media stuff but it would be interested on whats be said there.

• Like 1

I was impressed with Luke Becker gave it everything.I also agree with many on here Fricke should have been excluded I am abig fan of Max but he dived in and got himself into trouble.

What an utterly drab meeting. Speedway isn't like it used to be in the good old days like the WTC final in Pardubice, 1990 ;)

• Like 1

For me the main reason the racing was poor was the difference in class of some riders.The USA team were so poor at this level.Also the Russian riders bar Emil were struggling leaving the Aussies and Danes battling it out in most races.Thought Doyle was brilliant but tomorrow is another day and its a much more competitive field.

Another Pie In The Face for BV?

Racing wasn't great tonight, track way too grippy - part weather caused, part questionable track prep early meet. Issues to be solved off track too, sound has been an ongoing (albeit improving) issue. As a promotion & a set of fans we are still learning about our new home.

Plenty to like about the NSS, even SS offered words of praise, honoured! Let's maybe try & offer a constructive balanced opinion (difficult for some on here I know) before we throw the brickbats (or pies).

The NSS is barely 4 months old, here to stay, & will only get better. I suspect the SWC final will be a very different spectacle, all we need now is a GB win. Keep the faith!

Edited by mikec

Sat in the temporary East Stand with no PA so could someone please post the heat times for the meeting. Thanks!

Any Belle vue regular fans out there please help me out here,when the track first opened maybe riders were new to the track but they did seem to pass round the outside of turns 3&4,but as the season has progressed it seem the only line to pass is right on the inside kerb and its seems to be getting worse.Does anyone who regularly goes to meetings there think its anything to do with the soft patch problem they had which held up meetings at the start? It just seems to me its sinking a bit and now the only piece of track which is anygood is right on the kerb.Be interested to know your thoughts.

Edited by speedwaysliders