British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Speedway Gp Qualifiers

Don't think you can really accuse lambert of only focusing on Britain? Cook has clearly tried to get polish speedway. And garritty arguably not good enough to get a spot in Sweden or Poland.

Tnt you also left huckenbeck and lahti off the list of qualifiers.

• Like 1

Kings Lynn

13 Freddie Lindgren

12 Krzystof Kasprzak

12 Kenneth Bjerre

11 Hans Andersen

10 Joonas Kylmakorpi

10 Sam Masters

9 Brady Kurtz

8 Craig Cook =res

Terenzano

14 Piotr Pawlicki

13 Kim Nilsson

12 Michael Jepsen Jensen

10 Krzysztof Buczkowski

10 Peter Ljung

10 Nicolas Covatti

9 Jurica Pavlic =res

Slangerup

12 Bartosz Zmarzlik

11 Andreji Karpov

11 Mikkel Bech

10 Martin Vaculik

10 Thomas H Johansson

9 Andzejs Lebedevs

8 Anders Thomsen =res

Not many shocks but sadly the British riders just miss out. Is the lack of racing abroad a reason possibly and the fact in recent years Cook, Lambert and Garrity have concentrated more on doubling up rather than riding in Sweden or Poland or managing to reach the level to ride in those leagues.

Good to see the four Wolverhampton riders easily getting through and carrying on their good form and all four are riding in at least one other country this season.

Without the ef Lambert would of qualified easily? very unlucky his time will come.
  • Like 1

Lambert very unlucky, plenty of time on his side as you say sid. Would rather see him get a semi final wildcard than Harris. Cook unlucky to finish behind Kurtz tbf, Kurtz gained a point when kk fell I believe. And cook then fell in one heat. A point there, and the point masters gained due to Lamberts ef, could easily have had both brits through.

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

Lambert very unlucky, plenty of time on his side as you say sid. Would rather see him get a semi final wildcard than Harris. Cook unlucky to finish behind Kurtz tbf, Kurtz gained a point when kk fell I believe. And cook then fell in one heat. A point there, and the point masters gained due to Lamberts ef, could easily have had both brits through.

Could Lambert still get a wildcard?

Must be a chance I would say. Though where are the semis? Guess more likely to be a local rider

HOW many of these qualifiers do you think would enhance the current SGP line-up and, if so, who would you swap?

Not many shocks but sadly the British riders just miss out. Is the lack of racing abroad a reason possibly and the fact in recent years Cook, Lambert and Garrity have concentrated more on doubling up rather than riding in Sweden or Poland or managing to reach the level to ride in those leagues.

Can't really agree with the riding abroad part of this, this was held in Britain and the Brits still weren't good enough.

Lambert unlucky? Just not good enough yet, at least he has time on his side. Cook unlucky? a bad last after he looked like he was going to go through the card and a silly fall

HOW many of these qualifiers do you think would enhance the current SGP line-up and, if so, who would you swap?

It would take more than a couple of rider swaps to enhance to morbidly dull SGP series, what with it being 5 rounds longer than it needs to be and largely on crap tracks.

I'll have a go though. Lindgren and KK would probably have a better stab at it than Bomber on last night's form. Even Andersen might get his elbows up in a couple of heats and make a dangerous move or two. Karpov and Vaculik would also be welcome additions in place of some of the old dead wood.

What's the point of the question though? Should World Championship qualifying just be abolished and the crooks at BSI just pick their favourite 16 riders for each round? That would make it more of a dull, boring closed shop than it is already.

Lambert unlucky? Just not good enough yet, at least he has time on his side. Cook unlucky? a bad last after he looked like he was going to go through the card and a silly fall

Lambert was half a straight ahead in his fourth ride and the bike packed up. He would have scored 11. That's pretty unlucky.

Cookie blew it of his own accord I agree. Garrity's equipment isn't anywhere near the necessary level to succeed in World Championship Speedway.

• Like 1

Lambert was half a straight ahead in his fourth ride and the bike packed up. He would have scored 11. That's pretty unlucky.

Unlucky or bad prep? the kid's young, he can learn

this year's line up is pretty good to be honest, in terms of the form riders of last season making it in. You'd want Emil in for Harris obviously.

Otherwise Vaculik maybe ahead of Jonsson?

There's no rider on the qualifiers that stands out as being missed in the series, though I'd have loved to see Lambert qualify.

Unlucky or bad prep? the kid's young, he can learn

Cant believe that,you're insinuating its bad prep.All the top riders have an e/f or two now and again,so they all must have bad prep.Its just unfortunate for Lambert to get it when he did.

Could Lambert still get a wildcard?

Yes but Cook has a better chance surely. The sad thing about the whole day, is that Tai might as well turn up on his own for the World Cup, as it's become obvious that there isn't anyone else up to the job.

Can't really agree with the riding abroad part of this, this was held in Britain and the Brits still weren't good enough.

How was Lambert not good anough? a strange comment he would of scored 11 pts if it was not for a ef.For me if i was Rosco/England hierarchy i would support and push as much as possible to help Lambert he is the future.If he was a Pole he would get help and support,Lambert to me has the tools and talent to be able to mix it at the highest level in the next five years.

Yes but Cook has a better chance surely. The sad thing about the whole day, is that Tai might as well turn up on his own for the World Cup, as it's become obvious that there isn't anyone else up to the job.

Cook is what 28/29? he also is not riding great in the EL every bit of experience Lambert can get will fast track his progress.

I agree fully re Lambert. Sadly both semis are on the continent...a UK based semi would likely see Lambert get a wild card. He still might though not holding my breath.

That is the unfortunate thing about the guaranteed top 3 from the challenge getting to the GP.When you have such a competitive line up like this year- 3 are going to go if a current GP line-up rider isn`t among the top 3 in the challenge. Certainly Emil and Vaculik would grace any series. We shall just have to wait and see what happens in Vetlanda.

May I be the 1st to say(hopefully not the last) that you (and Dave) were missed in Slovenia.