British Speedway Forum

John Cowboy COok is a legend of speedway .he knows more than some spotty little kid hiding behind a keyboard .say it to cooks face or hold your tougue .

John Cowboy COok is a legend of speedway .he knows more than some spotty little kid hiding behind a keyboard .say it to cooks face or hold your tougue .

I loved John cowboy Cook. But Jon Cook is a mupet.

Jon Cook wants to think about what he says before he says it 100%!

Hang on is that really what Cook said, that they are stupid for wanting to know about the heatleader list ? Because that is not quite the way it has been summarised on here so far .

Have you actually read the article yourself ? If so, please give us a summary of what it says on your reading of it .

Mr Rising has and he should know whether Cook said it or not. EXCUSE me if I take issue with that remark. As in the case of Jon Cook, and others, we are simply the messenger. If you don't like the message, don't blame SS. Why would you want to question the accuracy of the report? It's what he said.

I'm surprised how articulate he has been in the most so far.

Highly unusual for one of the forums worst spellers. :rofl:

I disagree with that actually ~ Shawn is not one of the forums worst spellers. He just moves a few letters around so put them in the right order and the word is spelt correctly. My brain is perfectly in tune these days after years of practice.

I disagree with that actually ~ Shawn is not one of the forums worst spellers. He just moves a few letters around so put them in the right order and the word is spelt correctly. My brain is perfectly in tune these days after years of practice.

Not the worst but in the bottom 3.

SCB deserves a holiday for his remarks, if he doesn't get one then thats a very poor show from the mods and it will be looked at as favoritisum.

pm sent

Last year Middlo called me retarded on Twitter and Starman defended him so his comments here are hilirious and shows him as exactly what he is

To be fair he asked whether you were. From what I recall it was a fair question at the time.

For the record I have no issue with SCBs use of the word, it's been one of those words used in banter for years now despite having connotations with mental illness.

When I was a kid 'flid' was the insult of the time until we realised what it meant

This is all a bit petty, I dont know about you lot but I like using this forum to discuss speedway... Sometimes there might be a conflict of opinion. But all of this (now three open threads with relevance to the word 'retard') isn't exactly speedway relevant and in all truth, just a bit petulant

• Like 1

Mr Rising has and he should know whether Cook said it or not. EXCUSE me if I take issue with that remark. As in the case of Jon Cook, and others, we are simply the messenger. If you don't like the message, don't blame SS. Why would you want to question the accuracy of the report? It's what he said.[/i

Oh (groan) I can't go through it all again. You have jumped a few posts and missed a few links in the chain, so to speak. I was asking SCB if he had read the report because the summary he posted was different to the summary someone else posted . He now admits he hadn't even read the SS article when he lurched towards the keyboard and went into one. Someone else had already questioned the accuracy of the article. It's all very complicated when people only read half the posts . I hope to read the article itself later.

• Like 3

I have no issue with the wording used by SCB

Anyone that does is taking it completly out of context.

Promoters having a pop at fans is wrong.

Unless its Middlo of course then that seems fair game.

Starman defends Middlo to the hilt then says nobody else can use the word!! Complete and utter fool

reported you again and i will continue to keep doing it

So you haven't actually read the article yourself then ?

I have and to be fair I think Cook is beng disrespectful, it also comes across as downright arrogant as to why supporters would question his and other promoters decisions.

How on earth he can call supporters thick, biased or both after some of the ludicrous ideas he came up with (EL KOC format being one) escapes me.

Another classic piece of Jon Cook PR.

• Like 5

How on earth he can call supporters thick, biased or both after some of the ludicrous ideas he came up with (EL KOC format being one) escapes me.

Another classic piece of Jon Cook PR.

that is the the worst thing I've ever witnessed (el koc format) it wasn't retarded , it was insane

Do we know if the comment

"Grading of heat leaders was done by common consensus of the EL promoters via an open poll and anyone thinking that's wrong is either thick or biased, or both."

attributed to Jon Cook are correct, or have been taken out of context yet, before we take this topic any further?

There's a lot of bluster on here about this. I couldn't really care what he says but I will just question one thing - are you really sure he is saying people are this way if they disagree with the list or, as I read it, if they think it wasn't a list which was agreed on by all promoters? There is a difference, and if they all agreed, why should I question it.

Oh (groan) I can't go through it all again. You have jumped a few posts and missed a few links in the chain, so to speak. I was asking SCB if he had read the report because the summary he posted was different to the summary someone else posted . He now admits he hadn't even read the SS article when he lurched towards the keyboard and went into one. Someone else had already questioned the accuracy of the article. It's all very complicated when people only read half the posts . I hope to read the article itself later.

Okay. Apologies as I thought you were asking if the remarks were true and Mr Rising had confirmed they were. :oops:

His words ~ "EXCUSE me if I take issue with that remark. As in the case of Jon Cook, and others, we are simply the messenger. If you don't like the message, don't blame SS. Why would you want to question the accuracy of the report? It's what he said."

I probably have got a few links in the chain missing these days. :lol:

I'm not keen on the new title of this thread anyway. Just putting a name on a BSF topic is confusing and always makes me think someone has died. :wink:

Edited by Gemini