British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

How Do We Attract A New Young Audience?

I used to be Milk Monitor prefect at high school, but as you say "totally irrelevant to this thread". :D:P

300+ posts before a thread goes off topic is probably a record

• Like 2

300+ posts before a thread goes off topic is probably a record

Yes, I think some of us are milking it. :P

• Like 1

I used to be Milk Monitor prefect at high school, but as you say "totally irrelevant to this thread". :D:P

Blimey! A milk monitor! I never reached those heights in my somewhat patchy school career. I spent a lot of time in the highest office, but always on the wrong end of a piece of bamboo or a gym shoe. Happy days.

• Like 1

'milk monitor' at high school ???,,, we didn't even get free milk at middle school, must have been after the iron lady got in and took away stuff for needy folk :(

are you are the cream of the crop :P

Thought I was in those days. :D

Blimey! A milk monitor! I never reached those heights in my somewhat patchy school career. I spent a lot of time in the highest office, but always on the wrong end of a piece of bamboo or a gym shoe. Happy days.

It was leather and a gym shoe in my days and I tried them both.

• Like 1

I was designated Milk Monitor Due to the fact I had an allergy to milk and was not allowed to drink it, perfect cos I couldn't Steel any

What speedway needs is a Jeremy Corbyn type figure, politics before Corbyn came along was regarded as something for older people but Jeremy has managed to energize young people and get them enthusiastic about politics and I include myself in that bracket.

Who is going to be the speedway equivalent of Jeremy Corbyn?

What speedway needs is a Jeremy Corbyn type figure, politics before Corbyn came along was regarded as something for older people but Jeremy has managed to energize young people and get them enthusiastic about politics and I include myself in that bracket.

Who is going to be the speedway equivalent of Jeremy Corbyn?

well his head is like a speedway stadium.......its empty
  • Like 2

well his head is like a speedway stadium.......its empty

Nothing kills a good sporting (or milk) conversation more effectively than politics (sigh). There is a place for that but once beer hit £3 a point I left pubs to others....

Anyway, looks like the death of another decent conversation here.

Edited by rmc

back on thread, maybe stadiums could start selling tickets for birthday presents,like we do theatre tickets?..would be nice to purchase these in advance for speedway fans

Edited by ColinMills
  • Like 1

Gemini...sorry but what I meant was that me saying that I was once a milkman was 'totally irrelevant' to your thread. I agree with what you say!

Yes, I got that bit. :t: Just thought I'd carry on with the irrelevance 'cos I'm bored with all this talk of trying to attract young people because it isn't going to happen ~ not in enough numbers anyway. Take care of the oldies I say because we're not dead yet and will probably outlive the Elite League anyway.

rmc......Anyway, looks like the death of another decent conversation here.

Well, carry on then ~ I'm sure you've got something more interesting to say that hasn't already been discussed. Pardon us for going off topic. Gawd there are some miserable sods on here. :P

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Milky Coffee, is the milk equivalent of being on the right end of a 47-43 (40-38) old money....!!

Edited by Shale Searcher

Yes, I got that bit. :t: Just thought I'd carry on with the irrelevance 'cos I'm bored with all this talk of trying to attract young people because it isn't going to happen ~ not in enough numbers anyway. Take care of the oldies I say because we're not dead yet and will probably outlive the Elite League anyway.

Well, carry on then ~ I'm sure you've got something more interesting to say that hasn't already been discussed. Pardon us for going off topic. Gawd there are some miserable sods on here. :P

I was enjoying a bacon and sausage sandwich at a cafe in Thirsk the other day and with the pot of tea was included milk served in a school milk bootle inscribed on the outside ' School Milk 1/3 Pint!' It was tiny...they seemed much larger in my youth! Apparently they had sourced some bottles and you could purchase them...I was tempted!! To keep the speedway thread (to keep certain parties happy!) I recall that Keith Booth (Oxford Junior) was a milkman whilst a rider.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

' School Milk 1/3 Pint!' It was tiny...they seemed much larger in my youth!

I wonder what kids today would think about being forced to drink milk that had sat outside in the sun all morning and had half turned to cream? I also wonder what 'Rotten Boroughs' in Private Eye might have made of a diary owner with the contract to supply school milk sitting on the board of governors...?

• Like 1