British Speedway Forum
Pinny

Notoriously Dirty Riders

I can't Michael, giz a clue. :P

ewe Lets see Rob Grant making his first return after he left the Diamonds tasty enough? No the for mentioned Will Beverage attacked Derek Sneddon while lying possibly injured on the track when I believe it was Rob Grant Snr who jumped over the fence to stop the ruckus between both riders enough yet? No my favourite then Dicki Juul Getting 20 out of a possible 21 at reserve for us beating at the time a awesome Garry Stead around Brough three times, Or I can also remember Davey Watt excluded I believe in heat 5 for not having a dirt deflector?

Is that enough LOL Dave!! :D:o:t:

Happy New Year to you mate :approve:

• Like 1

If you had seem Morris drive David through the fence at Ashfield you would not think it was hard riding. :mad: . Vermin would be too good a name for the thug, personally I think he should have been charged with G.B.H.

That's not what I see in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvIm7EiRYu8 video at all, don't agree with the video title that Morris is innocent and if I was the ref I would exclude him. But in my opinion a racing incident with a horrible outcome.

• Like 1

That's not what I see in this

video at all, don't agree with the video title that Morris is innocent and if I was the ref I would exclude him. But in my opinion a racing incident with a horrible outcome.

Not sure about that, looked a horrible move to me!

Always liked phil though, but will admit he was at the least a very ruthless, hard rider. He didnt have the nickname "philthy phil" for nothing !

ewe Lets see Rob Grant making his first return after he left the Diamonds tasty enough? No the for mentioned Will Beverage attacked Derek Sneddon while lying possibly injured on the track when I believe it was Rob Grant Snr who jumped over the fence to stop the ruckus between both riders enough yet? No my favourite then Dicki Juul Getting 20 out of a possible 21 at reserve for us beating at the time a awesome Garry Stead around Brough three times, Or I can also remember Davey Watt excluded I believe in heat 5 for not having a dirt deflector?

Is that enough LOL Dave!! :D:o:t:

Happy New Year to you mate :approve:

Thanks for that Michael. The Scott Smith/Rob Grant jnr incident is well remembered as it appears in many DVD's. Robbie Best tangling with Rob Grant snr to stop him attacking Scott. Certainly an incident packed meeting. It must have been 2002 with Davy Watt riding for us.

Thoroughly enjoying reading Dave Morton's book and he is less that complimentary when discussing Alan Grahame!

• Like 1

Thanks for that Michael. The Scott Smith/Rob Grant jnr incident is well remembered as it appears in many DVD's. Robbie Best tangling with Rob Grant snr to stop him attacking Scott. Certainly an incident packed meeting. It must have been 2002 with Davy Watt riding for us.

Sure that was in 01 when neathy was riding for newport?

Wasnt it something to do with Smithy (aussie scott smith) and rob grants partying antics? Certainly was some dodgy rumours about what they were getting up to whilst on one particular night out!!!

If you had seem Morris drive David through the fence at Ashfield you would not think it was hard riding. :mad: . Vermin would be too good a name for the thug, personally I think he should have been charged with G.B.H.

Whoever added the cutoffs to the corners was responsible for that crash, give that line to lunatics and ppl will get injured. Take that line you cant avoid the fence and that's what happened David was unluckily in the way.

It maybe semantics but Morris isn't driving McAllan into the fence, his bike hasn't straightened up. Morris is still trying to turn to avoid running into the fence himself. A more sane rider wouldn't have even tried that move

I remember when in a last heat decider at newport andre compton completely stuffed mads korneliussen into the second bend fence as mads was about to pass him, no doubt in my mind that he totally intended to put him over the fence. That was a meeting packed with controversy!

First time i saw Compton at Swindon he never turned as he trundled into the entry to turn 3 lap 1 as Steve Masters tried to go outside him, repeated it on almost every corner after and there was a wee barney after race.

Edited by Dekker

Whoever added the cutoffs to the corners was responsible for that crash, give that line to lunatics and ppl will get injured. Take that line you cant avoid the fence and that's what happened David was unluckily in the way.

It maybe semantics but Morris isn't driving McAllan into the fence, his bike hasn't straightened up. Morris is still trying to turn to avoid running into the fence himself. A more sane rider wouldn't have even tried that move

First time i saw Compton at Swindon he never turned as he trundled into the entry to turn 3 lap 1 as Steve Masters tried to go outside him, repeated it on almost every corner after and there was a wee barney after race.

Didnt he cause that horrific injury to Dave mullett at reading all those years ago?

Notoriously dirty riders, um wish there was more about, can only say ive met a couple, last ones name was sue!

• Like 1

Notoriously dirty riders, um wish there was more about, can only say ive met a couple, last ones name was sue!

Eh?..Translate please Somm!

Didnt he cause that horrific injury to Dave mullett at reading all those years ago?

Yep... was horrific. Mullett could have lost his life that night.

Edited by The Doctor...

Yep... was horrific. Mullett could have lost his life that night.

Yet some claim compton was a safe rider 😂

I think that some people look at individual instances and then label that rider as being dirty, whilst it is more probable in a lot of instances that it is little more than pay back time.

It was all in the meeting you were on about with Stoke KOC 2002!! :P

• Like 1

Whoever added the cutoffs to the corners was responsible for that crash

You cannot be serious!