Sign in to follow this  
ecksact

3 Point Reserves

obviously a shortage already decent 3.00 riders,

what happens next season when these riders become 3.10 , 3.50 etc

will the rules change again ?

don't think this was thought out

personally I would have said, your no7 should be british and under 3.50

i agree with this post. but we will have to see after the 2016 season ends and see how far the goalposts move , again . why put things off today, when you can put them off tomorrow ..

i agree with this post. but we will have to see after the 2016 season ends and see how far the goalposts move , again . why put things off today, when you can put them off tomorrow ..

How far the goalposts move is anyones guess.

If it was me running the show I would reset all the riders back to a flat 3.00 after their first season as it would be a learning / experience year then let them gain an average on year 2. Obviously those who flourished in the first year would be most desirable and those who struggled may be omitted for a new rider.

That way it allows riders 2 years to see if they can make it & 2 years for the next crop to emerge.

• Like 2

obviously a shortage already decent 3.00 riders,

what happens next season when these riders become 3.10 , 3.50 etc

will the rules change again ?

don't think this was thought out

personally I would have said, your no7 should be british and under 3.50

Then you'd probably be giving places to some who have never shown signs of going beyond that. Obviously the rules will change when the need arrises, much as has happened in the EL.

• Like 1

All the draft system does is create false averages.

Take Richard Hall riding against these kids , he will get a false average of around 7 after 12 meetings and there is no way he is a 7 point rider and he will struggle when he moves into the team.

• Like 1

I guessed that would be the case. But where is that replacement going to come from? Unless someone makes significant early strides in the National League, finding a rider close to being capable would be difficult.

Do others like this rule? I can't make my mind up! It may be being introduced a bit too early as there just don't seem to be enough 3 pointers good enough to go round atm (especially if/when those injuries kick in). On the other hand, maybe that's the point - if they stay in the NL are they likely to progress and ever be good enough for PL?

And if the idea is to improve young British talent, is there a danger that some might be way out of their depth and end up quitting altogether and being lost to the sport, or am I just being defeatist now?

Thoughts?

There's a few NL riders about who wouldn't be outclassed as replacements: Oliver Greenwood, Dan Greenwood, Ben Hopwood, Jake Knight, James Cockle, James Shanes, Tom Stokes, Danny Halsey (if he qualifies), Connor Mountain, Luke Priest!

• Like 2

All the draft system does is create false averages.

Take Richard Hall riding against these kids , he will get a false average of around 7 after 12 meetings and there is no way he is a 7 point rider and he will struggle when he moves into the team.

Agreed it was probably against higher standard of rider, but Hall didn't exactly pull up any trees last season at reserve, he has a low average for a reason.

• Like 1

There's a few NL riders about who wouldn't be outclassed as replacements: Oliver Greenwood, Dan Greenwood, Ben Hopwood, Jake Knight, James Cockle, James Shanes, Tom Stokes, Danny Halsey (if he qualifies), Connor Mountain, Luke Priest!

I don't know which team you follow, but I would hardly be over-excited at the thought of signing any of these guys! Dan Greenwood's actual PL average last season was 1.66 (from 13 meetings). Some might be worth a shout, I grant you, but you didn't say where you stand on the rule? I made my position clear - I'm sitting on the fence!:-P

Edinburgh still looking for a big rabbit.

JAMES COCKLE you are havin a larf !!!

Edinburgh still looking for a big rabbit.

get up in the early mornings , there,s always plenty about... eat , drink , chew .

JAMES COCKLE you are havin a larf !!!.

Well he has the experience, he was number 7 in the PL before...

...for Reading Racers...

...in 2004!!!

Did he not ride for Glasgow too?

Glasgow bought him from Rye House, might still own him! So called, ahem "legend killer", who had the habit of falling off when coming under pressure. Wouldnt be eligible for PL no 7