British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

The 2016 Speedway Best Pairs Cup

Too tired after racing twice the previous week. :lol::lol:

He has a GP, two meetings in Poland and a practise session at Cardiff over 4 consecutive days in July. Hancock is right to mention the work his mechanics will do transporting the bikes by road. But looking at Kildermand's van it is impressive with a double bed so its not as bad as I first thought.

I did chuckle when I saw the article about Tai and Greg citing concern over riding on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday - this is the life of a professional rider and has been for years and years. Greg talks about mechanics schedules, years ago the rider also drove around in cars/vans! Racing three days in four, as Mr Jones said, is not unusual.

• Like 2

I did chuckle when I saw the article about Tai and Greg citing concern over riding on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday - this is the life of a professional rider and has been for years and years. Greg talks about mechanics schedules, years ago the rider also drove around in cars/vans! Racing three days in four, as Mr Jones said, is not unusual.

If this schedule happened every week then I'd have loads of sympathy but it doesn't. The riders wont get tired because of a 2hr flight to the UK followed by two nights in a Cardiff hotel. Practise lasts about 8 laps and doesn't start until 3pm. The rest of the day is at there disposal to chill out. An early flight to Poland on Sunday is not nice but its part of the job and why the top riders earn plenty of Zloty in that country.

It's good to know that Tai can fit this into his schedule but not a petty event such as his national championship. Surely it's not about the money?

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2

Landshut will host one of the rounds on 'Vatertag' 25.05.2017 :)

So you read speedweek.de? = )

Edited by f-s-p

Speedweek leaked the calendar for 2017:

25.03 Torun (PL)

02.05 Gniezno (PL)

25.05 Landshut (DE)

Seems from FB that Erik Riss wil be joining the City Team alongside Tobi Kroner and Kai Huckenbeck.He also announced a day or so ago that he is giving up Longtrack racing

Berge also considering giving up longtrack. Longtrack GP getting a joke now with riders dropping out and FIM giving places to random riders like Kylmakorpi and Harris (both didn't enter the qualies).

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Berge also considering giving up longtrack. Longtrack GP getting a joke now with riders dropping out and FIM giving places to random riders like Kylmakorpi and Harris (both didn't enter the qualies).

Yes,just seen Michi Härtel is now in,so at least one young German and old man Katt.Not a great line-up German wise without Smoli or Riss.Really would rather Härtel concentrated on speedway like the rest.From Härtels press release it seems almost certain Berge won't ride.........like you say,the sport is a bit of a joke,though i have been saying for years Harris should concentrate on it rather than speedway GPs where he is well out of his depth

So the older Mustonen is close to getting a call to join then. He was the first to drop out after last season and already has stated that he will enter the qualis to be in the series in-18.

So the older Mustonen is close to getting a call to join then. He was the first to drop out after last season and already has stated that he will enter the qualis to be in the series in-18.

Think after Härtel comes a Czech(Stichauer?)in the waiting list,but offer enough money and you're probably in

Edited by iris123

Longtrack racing demise is a sign of the times, back in the 70's and 80's long track was very competitive and thriving..... so was speedway....... look at them now though.