British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

The 2016 Speedway Best Pairs Cup

It was good just to have some speedway to watch, the bonus was that it was quite a decent meeting, a good appetiser for the season ahead.

It was Starman who rightly pointed out the quality of the track prep but that was after he had predicted it would be a rubbish meeting.

As a rule i wouldn't watch the meeting, as its normally a very drawn out meeting and not very entertaining .

People think im taking the pee, but the equipment Poland have for preparing tracks puts 90 % of tracks in this country to shame, they can in the main access the track 7 days a week, which in this country in the main we cannot do..

Edited by Starman2006

... they can in the main access the track 7 days a week, which in this country in the main we cannot do..

...so why don't you build some more, like the one in Manchester.

• Like 1

Its called cost mate. All councils want to do in this country is build appartments which cost a fortune and cop for the council tax.

It's a nice idea but to be fair though, it's probably difficult to find a suitable piece of land close enough to the cities to be easily accessible by car or

public transport but still not too close so cause noise complaints from nimbys. Then even if you would such piece of land would be available there is

cost associated by building a new track, not only the construction cost itself but also permits and consultants and etc.

sounds easy but councillors generally feel that speedway is a smelly, dirty, noisy motorsport that attracts all the wrong people. There's people in Norfolk who have been trying 40/50 years on and off to get a venue passed to bring back Norwich Speedway ....

For the speedway fan tuning into speedway on the TV, the 10 most dreaded words must surely be, ...and joining me in the commentary box is Sam Ermolenko.

Whilst watching the pairs competition on Sunday, it was quite clear that as a commentator, David Rowe is absolutely fine, but Sam Ermolenko is a total disaster.

If I was as inept at my job as he is at his, I would be hauled up in front of a capability panel.

Here is a word by word example from Sunday:

"By the time he got into turn 3 for his brother and he did finally get there but I don’t think he sensed them or seen um I think he sensed em more than he seen um…"

I could have picked a dozen more examples of such gibberish.

His poor articulacy and command of the English language generally, is quite shocking for someone employed as a commentator.

Half completed sentences and his arrogant refusal to modify American terminology such as ‘back straight-away’ which means nothing to English fans, just adds to the horror.

His is not so much a commentary, more a dreadful ‘noise’ which appears after David Rowe has finished speaking.

I can’t believe that anyone actually really listens or cares about a single thing he says.

On the track this man was a talent of the highest quality.

To the commentary box he brings no obvious talents at all.

Why is Eurosport still employing him?

There should be an exclusion zone around every commentary box whenever he is in the area.

• Like 1

Because in Britain you can't demand that the local authority build you a nice new stadium or get the local mafia offshoot to do it.

Belle Vue is a unique case, based on Manchester City FC's money going into sports facilities in east Manchester. Naturally the city council backs it and manages it.

There are also considerations of the high level of home ownership rather than rental in the UK which means there are a heck of a lot of people protecting their property values. Any mention of a speedway track plan and they soon kill it.

As ever, it's all a little more complex that it can appear to some....

Only just realised that the 2nd round in Landshut takes place on a bank holiday Thursday(in Germany) start time is 2pm UK time.

Really disappointed with this........................I was looking forward to hopefully watching as I've visited Landshut for the last 3 years but can't manage it this year.

Really looking forward to this one so I can renew my support for the world-conquering eport2000.pl team.

(How do I switch this irony app off?)

Edited by rmc

Line-ups for Thursday

Lista startowa (Landshut, 05/05/2016), godz. 15.00:- UK 2pm

FOGO POWER:

1. Bartosz Zmarzlik

2. Piotr Pawlicki

15. Tobiasz Musielak

MONSTER ENERGY TEAM:

3. Greg Hancock

4. Chris Holder

16. Paweł Przedpełski

TRANS MF PRO RACE TEAM:

5. Martin Smolinski

6. Nicki Pedersen

17. Renat Gafurow

NICE RACING:

7. Antonio Lindbaeck

8. Grigorij Laguta

18. Artem Laguta

EPORT2000.PL TEAM:

9. Piotr Protasiewicz

10. Grzegorz Zengota

19. Janusz Kołodziej

CITY TEAM:

11. Kai Huckenbeck

12. Tobias Kroner

20. Tobias Busch

BOLL TEAM:

13. Patryk Dudek

14. Niels Kristian Iversen

21. Martin Vaculik

Edited by racers and royals

I feel I'm wavering. My lifelong dedication to team eport2000.pl team is waning and I'm beginning to sway towards Trans MF Pro Race Team.

I shall have to get to work on a new programme board.

Let's hope we get some decent racing.....It's speedway after all but sometimes there are times when the sport is hard to love.

Thanks for the information R&R.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2