British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Fans Forum.

KN1, I know my memory is going but I'm pretty sure the 60s and early 70s were tuner free. Most riders then were more concerned with what kind of string they used to tie their bikes onto the back of their car!!!

Edited by Star Lady

KN1, I know my memory is going but I'm pretty sure the 60s and early 70s were tuner free. Most riders then were more concerned with what kind of string they used to tie their bikes onto the back of their car!!!

Also what brand of gaffa tape was best to fix a leak or crack.

• Like 2

Can't believe that more Speedway fans in the area didn't attend 50?????

I would've gone and did register but couldn't get the day off work (short staffed)!

Hope they hold it in the hotbed of Speedway next year, East Anglia!!!! Surely more of us care here than those in the Midlands!! They gave us our voice and we were almost silent!!!!!!!

I guess a lot of people thought it would be a waste of time as the promotors have failed to listen for the past 30 years and that's why the sport is in this mess.

• Like 1

. Possibly attendees to this meeting, before being accepted, should have been asked "are you a usual contributor to the BSF'.

I hope that was a joke, but knowing you it was a serious comment which shows the contempt you hold people on here who are still speedway fans but don't attend for various reasons (money, no own track anymore etc, etc).

So lets be clear, you are saying that only people who currently attend speedway are entitled to have an opinion at a forum?

Surely the point is in addition to retaining existing fans, to get people who used to go, to go again? Thankfully the people currently running the BSPA are more forward thinking than you and realise that talking to fans will help them.

• Like 1

I hope that was a joke, but knowing you it was a serious comment which shows the contempt you hold people on here who are still speedway fans but don't attend for various reasons (money, no own track anymore etc, etc).

So lets be clear, you are saying that only people who currently attend speedway are entitled to have an opinion at a forum?

Surely the point is in addition to retaining existing fans, to get people who used to go, to go again? Thankfully the people currently running the BSPA are more forward thinking than you and realise that talking to fans will help them.

Try reading post #24.

You don't know me from Adam.

• Like 1

Agreed, not interested in race times or seeing every race with riders strung out. Good close racing is what most want, a few seasons ago we continually had 5 - 1s and 4 - 2s most weeks and it got predictable and boring.

Yes, it's going to be really boring being a Poole fan this season......again. Personally I prefer a bit of a fight to win and not a foregone conclusion. If Poole aren't champions at the end of the year I'll do a circuit of the Brandon track naked, but please no-one remember I said that because this is really not something you want to see . :lol:

• Like 4

Yes, it's going to be really boring being a Poole fan this season......again. Personally I prefer a bit of a fight to win and not a foregone conclusion. If Poole aren't champions at the end of the year I'll do a circuit of the Brandon track naked, but please no-one remember I said that because this is really not something you want to see . :lol:

On a bike or free running. :D

Probably in my mobility scooter with the dog on my knee, plus a blanket just in case it's chilly. Oh....and to please SCB I mustn't forget the flask and chair because all of us old ones turn up with them apparently. I think I'll manage everything as it's got a basket on the front.

• Like 3

Do not worry Gem, I am sure no one will remember or diarise your offer :wink:

• Like 1

Thank goodness Stevebrum is on holiday abroad somewhere, hopefully with no access to the forum, because he would after I downloaded his post that Tai Woffinden would be a Wolf for 10 years. He hasn't been and I've never let him forget it either. :lol:

Probably in my mobility scooter with the dog on my knee, plus a blanket just in case it's chilly. Oh....and to please SCB I mustn't forget the flask and chair because all of us old ones turn up with them apparently. I think I'll manage everything as it's got a basket on the front.

Gustix?

• Like 2

'E.T. - Phone home'!!! :D:D:wink:

• Like 1

Thank goodness Stevebrum is on holiday abroad somewhere, hopefully with no access to the forum, because he would after I downloaded his post that Tai Woffinden would be a Wolf for 10 years. He hasn't been and I've never let him forget it either. :lol:

Really?

Who else has he rode for in the UK? :)