British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches (lc) - Sunday, March 20th (3pm)

Got to agree the meeting was a good one and will be back for more of the same in a few weeks.

Outstanding afternoon of speedway.

At Ipswich on Thursday, there was 1 pass after the opening half lap. Today there was 31.

The luck evened itself out - I think a draw was a fair result.

Over the two meetings, Scunny scored 5 points and Ippo 2. Not bad for a team tipped (incorrectly) by many for the bottom. ;)

Best wishes to Wilko.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Josh didn't have problems he just got beaten fair and square. Maybe it was the pressure of being joint record points scorer because he didn't score a point after that.

A great meeting with action up to the line on several occasions! Heat 15 was a brilliant race and the best I've seen this year ;)

Wilko has a small break in his collarbone but is attempting to ride for KL on Thursday apparently. A tough breed these speedway riders haha!

Josh had bike problems which showed in his last ride, the bike sounded sick as he pulled off the track, nicloai was in his way in one race and ended up racing each other.Paco desrved more than 2 points though and fair play to ippo, covatti was head and shoulders over anyone else and backed up well by king.hope wilko is ok as we need him ,i reckon once we get to night racing again we will be ok

Josh didn't have problems he just got beaten fair and square. Maybe it was the pressure of being joint record points scorer because he didn't score a point after that.

Josh knows every inch of the Scunny track and gives his all. That's why he's the top scorer!.

He defo had probs. Klindt made one race difficult for him though. I BEG TO DIFFER! You Ipswich fans can be so sarcastic! End of!

Josh knows every inch of the Scunny track and gives his all. That's why he's the top scorer!.

He defo had probs. Klindt made one race difficult for him though. I BEG TO DIFFER! You Ipswich fans can be so sarcastic! End of!

Crikey calm down dear! "Defo", and "end of"? How old are you?

Stop being so precious and defensive. There was nothing sarcastic about Bash' post whatsoever.

Auty was poor after his first heat win. The "he had bike problems though" is a lame excuse and without merit.

• Like 1

another great meeting at EWR,covatti was in a class of his own,also nice to see lewis kerr getting backinto it.i thought a draw was a fair result.one or to mistakes by 'our lads' getting in each others way but credit to ipswitch they came looking for revenge and very nearly pulled it off.

Josh had bike problems which showed in his last ride, the bike sounded sick as he pulled off the track

Didnt sound sick when he pulled on to the track did it? He developed problems during the race.

His previous two he just wasn't quick enough and was beaten fairly.

josh had a race win in heat 1 then had to retire the bike because it was smoking bad .Bike no2 was a moped so theres your answer

wilco and holub had engines that were far too strong for our track and I'm sure all 3 will address there problems for next week

• Like 1

A few posts show a lot of if's...a few more from Scunny angle....Josh Auty's first race was absolutely brilliant and that is normal for Josh around the EWR ( Its why we call him Mr Entertainer ) so exciting to watch! what if he hadn't had problems afterwards, as he obviously did. What if Alex hadn';t been accidently hit from the back resulting in damage to his bike. He could have been in ht 15.! A| couple of races ending 2 riders going over the finish line together,r what if the refs decision had been different. I'm not complaining..... that's speedway! It made an exciting meeting.

Typically embarrassing, biased opinion from the person who wanted Tungate hung, drawn and quartered after the Witches last visit to the Eddie Wright Raceway. At least they could bring themselves to use the word accidentally (though not spelt correctly) for the Castagna/Davies incident. Surprised you don't want Castagna suspended for the season. Would Alex have done any better than Douglas/Klindt in heat 15? No mention of Castagna packing up in heat 2 which, as Ipswich didn't have to resort to tactical rides, effectively decided the result of the meeting. Ritchings gifting a point to Bailey in heat 8. If Josh Auty is "Mr Entertainer", what the heck is Covatti after that performance?

Very enjoyable meeting and well done to both teams. Scorps fortunate to gain a point.....that's speedway! We are fortunate to have a great racetrack and promoter at Scunthorpe. Really pleased to see Ryan Douglas returning so well. Great Lad. Will be interesting to see how good Holub really is after he has gained an Established Match Average. Shame Nicolai can't stay for the season. Looking forward now to the extended value for money fixture next Sunday.

• Like 1

So Scunthorpe have the track but "poor" facilities for fans

Belle Vue don't have the track but great facilities for fans

What's best?

Only one way to find out.....FIGHT!

A good way to kick off the new season and my first fix of the year. Plenty of passing and close action.

Covatti was star of the show, he always goes well at the EWR and was high on my wish list for the Scorpions line up for this year. I guess he was too pricey for Rob and will have continental commitments at weekends as well. The Scorps were a trifle fortunate to escape with a draw, but if King hadn't kept it screwed on off the last bend of Heat 15 the Witches would have lost. That's speedway.

The track was slower than normal and did seem to catch out the set ups of a few riders. Just like the opener at Ipswich on Thursday, no doubt. You can't put too much store by these early season encounters when projecting how your team will fare for the rest of the year.

Bottom line is Scorps 5 pts and Witches 2 pts. Scunthorpe would have taken that at 6 pm last Thursday.

Hope Wilko is OK. They breed them tough in Boston y'know. :wink:

• Like 1

Typically embarrassing, biased opinion from the person who wanted Tungate hung, drawn and quartered after the Witches last visit to the Eddie Wright Raceway. At least they could bring themselves to use the word accidentally (though not spelt correctly) for the Castagna/Davies incident. Surprised you don't want Castagna suspended for the season. Would Alex have done any better than Douglas/Klindt in heat 15? No mention of Castagna packing up in heat 2 which, as Ipswich didn't have to resort to tactical rides, effectively decided the result of the meeting. Ritchings gifting a point to Bailey in heat 8. If Josh Auty is "Mr Entertainer", what the heck is Covatti after that performance?

Very enjoyable meeting and well done to both teams. Scorps fortunate to gain a point.....that's speedway! We are fortunate to have a great racetrack and promoter at Scunthorpe. Really pleased to see Ryan Douglas returning so well. Great Lad. Will be interesting to see how good Holub really is after he has gained an Established Match Average. Shame Nicolai can't stay for the season. Looking forward now to the extended value for money fixture next Sunday.

Biased, No! I was angry at the time of the " Tungate affair" that's dead and buried now. I did post that I wasn't complaining and that it ( Sunday's meet ) was an exciting meeting. I am a Auty fan have been for years and nothing you say will alter that!. I am only one person by the way! ( you did refer to me as they ) I am like you a keen Scunny supporter known to many people at the track, seek me out if you want. I've been watching speedway since the late 70s so I am not young person. As for Covatti! ...Like you; I would love him in my team, he is a superb racer, I agree " star of the show", as he was last year at EWR.