British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Coventry V Poole Es Second Leg 18/03/2016

Bee 26.........Track was in good condition, smooth and pretty slick towards the end. Not much atmosphere and a small crowd.

Not really surprising. Freezing cold, Poole with a 22 point lead and a lot of people probably saving their money for Bomber's testimonial a couple of days later.

What was the crowd like for the first meeting and against Poole ?

Crap

Probably due to the senior citizens abstaining due to the large increase in their entrance costs. :t:

If someone can't afford an extra £3 then I feel sorry for them. How about planning ahead and putting that amount of money away each week during the close season? That's what I have done. Anyway, I was pleased to see all the pensioners that I know had survived the Winter and were in attendance. :lol:

• Like 2

Something I hope is changed fast is the person in charge of the music. Playing "My heart will go on" by Celine Dion & "Wannabe" by spice girls.

The P.A system is awful worst in the league, from where i was on the first bend could hardly hear anything that was said.

• Like 1

Steve Shovlar - brilliant Periscope production from Coventry in very trying conditions ! What a tremendous heat 15 with Hans protecting the leader. Great stuff. Hope you can do productions from other away tracks, Steve. Will be watching.

• Like 1

With all the hype about this Poole team, I would have expected them to easily beat us at home. Yes you had no Holder but we had 2 riders with bike problems all night and we aren't the strongest competition they will have on paper.

Tbh Poole weren't what I thought they would be. I can not see them going all season unbeaten that's for sure. Think Belle Vue & possibly Swindon will give them a run for their money.

What did you expect Poole to be? First away meeting of the season and without our number one. Three points from Holders rides. Do you think he would have scored that if fit to race?

If he had scored 10 Poole would have been out of sight.

I keep reading people who are not Poole fans say we will go through the season unbeaten and thats nonsense. We will loose at least once. (Humour)

What must worry other clubs is that Kurtz is only going to get better but will end up at reserve more than likely to take up to secen rides if we need him. All good, though not for that nights underperformer.

Swindon away next Sunday will give us a tougher test. Hopefully we will be back ti full strength.

Steve Shovlar - brilliant Periscope production from Coventry in very trying conditions ! What a tremendous heat 15 with Hans protecting the leader. Great stuff. Hope you can do productions from other away tracks, Steve. Will be watching.

Thanks for that. The footage is up until 7.30 tonight. For those that have not watched the meeting you can find it on periscope. Follow me for notifications of when I am live on periscope @stephenshovlar
  • Like 1

If someone can't afford an extra £3 then I feel sorry for them. How about planning ahead and putting that amount of money away each week during the close season? That's what I have done. Anyway, I was pleased to see all the pensioners that I know had survived the Winter and were in attendance. :lol:

In percentage terms the £3 increase is a large jump. If it had been applied across the board there would have been uproar. Most complain about a £1 price rise.

I doubt many would be stuck for the extra £3 to be honest, but some might just feel that £17 is not value for money , and so far as I can see no other track is trying that pricing policy.

• Like 1

Something I hope is changed fast is the person in charge of the music. Playing "My heart will go on" by Celine Dion & "Wannabe" by spice girls. 👎🏻🙉

Ha ha :D Brilliant!
  • Like 1

Something I hope is changed fast is the person in charge of the music. Playing "My heart will go on" by Celine Dion & "Wannabe" by spice girls.

Agree, you need plenty of Cliff Richard and Des O'connor or the oaps will stay away :blink: .

Am just hoping Kasprzak hasn`t peaked too soon.

I really hope the bloke has a good season. He deserves it..

He is bound to have the odd decent meeting.

Garrity looks like he may have got his bikes sorted. Riding as a heatleader at no 5 against Leicester at the moment and beat their number 3, 5 and just won the TR over Leicester's number 1 &2.

Scored 14pts riding at no 5 in the EL format 👍🏻

Edited by mdmc82

hope the doubters (and there was plenty of them) who questioned kk signing, feel a little bit happier today..

kk and harris just need that third heat leader, and they wont be that far away.......hopefully

• Like 1