British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Pirates Vs Roobins, Ela, 25 Mar 2016, 12 Noon

He wasn't a poole asset. So anybody could have signed him, but nobody bothered. Your not likely to hear if anybody else wanted him, are you. Again a case of Promoters burying there heads in the sand. But im sure there will be plenty of excusses for other clubs short comings, there normally is..

Thought he was an asset of frost who is now involved with Poole?

• Like 1

i agree with 99% of what you write and nothing wrong with enjoying winning, however the gloating needs to be toned down a bit. The sport is on its knees and one team thrashing the others doesnt help the sport. The elite league looks like being the most boring it has ever been and the sport as a whole is suffering. The other teams look like a premier league side from about 5 years ago, not the standard of a so called elite league.

As i say Ipswich , my team, thrashed everyone in 1998. The racing on the most part was dull with 5-1 after 5-1 and i was one of many who simply didnt bother going to the meetings against much weaker sides when i knew i was going to watch processional racing. The sport itself suffers if one or even 2 teams are so much further ahead than the others.

Poole get decent crowds, i know that, but how many are going to bother going to watch Poole rack up 60 points against the majority of sides?

I pick and choose my meetings now due to cost and i wont bother watching Ipswich against say Redcar or Rye House , but when Glasgow are in town with that strong top 4 i will be there. Must be the same for Poole if Leicester or Lakeside are there the crowd wont be as big for when Belle Vue are in town

Swindon are a Premier league team of this season plus Jason Doyle, Gavan.

He wasn't a poole asset. So anybody could have signed him, but nobody bothered. Your not likely to hear if anybody else wanted him, are you. Again a case of Promoters burying there heads in the sand. But im sure there will be plenty of excusses for other clubs short comings, there normally is..

dear oh dear you have been told so many times about being a pillock yet you still carry on trotting out the same tripe. Buck is an asset of Frost who is involved with Poole. Now even though you never seem to have the family brain cell I think even you can put 2 and 2 together and see how he ended up at Poole. Quite clearly if Poole wanted Buck he was pretty much likely to line up for them. So please stop waffling on with the same old line of anyone could have had him. In reality his destination was always likely to be only 1 club

its a sad state of affairs the way speedway has fallen in this country. The elite league teams have 1 genuine world class rider, then 2 hear leaders who are just about number ones in the premier league followed by second strings who would struggle to be a heat leader in the premier league. Apart from one team whose second strings are the Aussie champion and a rider who is quite clearly a heat leader. And people think I'm going overboard when I say the elite league is watered down and will be the most boring season ever

dear oh dear you have been told so many times about being a pillock yet you still carry on trotting out the same tripe. Buck is an asset of Frost who is involved with Poole. Now even though you never seem to have the family brain cell I think even you can put 2 and 2 together and see how he ended up at Poole. Quite clearly if Poole wanted Buck he was pretty much likely to line up for them. So please stop waffling on with the same old line of anyone could have had him. In reality his destination was always likely to be only 1 clubits a sad state of affairs the way speedway has fallen in this country. The elite league teams have 1 genuine world class rider, then 2 hear leaders who are just about number ones in the premier league followed by second strings who would struggle to be a heat leader in the premier league. Apart from one team whose second strings are the Aussie champion and a rider who is quite clearly a heat leader. And people think I'm going overboard when I say the elite league is watered down and will be the most boring season ever

Don't you ever get tired of being rude and abusive?

• Like 4

Don't you ever get tired of being rude and abusive?

is it rude to say the elite league looks boring? Go back over my posts. Ive only called the one person a pillock and that is what everyone on here thinks of him. Oh and I will call him what I want as he told me to go out and play with the traffic so if he can dish it out but cant take it im not bothered

is it rude to say the elite league looks boring? Go back over my posts. Ive only called the one person a pillock and that is what everyone on here thinks of him. Oh and I will call him what I want as he told me to go out and play with the traffic so if he can dish it out but cant take it im not bothered

Grow up FFS same old boring posts over and over again

Just ignore Starman like everyone else,if you can.

• Like 2

Exactly.

i agree with 99% of what you write and nothing wrong with enjoying winning, however the gloating needs to be toned down a bit. The sport is on its knees and one team thrashing the others doesnt help the sport. The elite league looks like being the most boring it has ever been and the sport as a whole is suffering. The other teams look like a premier league side from about 5 years ago, not the standard of a so called elite league.

As i say Ipswich , my team, thrashed everyone in 1998. The racing on the most part was dull with 5-1 after 5-1 and i was one of many who simply didnt bother going to the meetings against much weaker sides when i knew i was going to watch processional racing. The sport itself suffers if one or even 2 teams are so much further ahead than the others.

Poole get decent crowds, i know that, but how many are going to bother going to watch Poole rack up 60 points against the majority of sides?

I pick and choose my meetings now due to cost and i wont bother watching Ipswich against say Redcar or Rye House , but when Glasgow are in town with that strong top 4 i will be there. Must be the same for Poole if Leicester or Lakeside are there the crowd wont be as big for when Belle Vue are in town

I know this is the Poole topic but regarding your comments on Rye House, tell you what was well impressed at Somerset on Friday, look a decent side

foreverblue you know more about Poole speedway than me by a country mile and we all know Starman knows nothing. As I've said before I know the Loram family and his old mechanic Jorge is also a good friend of the family. My uncle used to sponsor Mark at Hackney at Ipswich and a bit at Kings Lynn. We have his race jacket from his epic British Final win in the run off versus Louis. Also Mark came to both my aunty and uncles funerals. Matt Ford is a businessman and a very good one. He pays his riders what he wishes. I can 100% tell you that Mark asked for more money (or should I say Norrie did) and Poole refused to pay it. Mark then wouldn't sign so Poole went and got Tony. I can also tell you that they paid Rickardsson more than what Mark was asking for that is a fact. As I say Foreverblue you know more about Poole speedway than I could ever wish to know but with things to do with Mark I am in the know. The line was that Tony rode for less than Mark wanted. He didn't.

Yes i accept you know more about Mark Loram than me and i accept that Rickardsson was paid more and wow was he worth it but it was sad at the time that Norrie Allen ruined the deal by his own greed. Always loved Mark riding for Poole so exciting to watch never seemed quite the same rider after that but always be welcome at Poole. Great rider and a lovely bloke.
  • Like 2

After riding for Leicester last season Jason will be used to carrying the side unfortunately.

• Like 1

i apologise it's just that the guy winds me up with his daft comments. Please accept though that I have not once slagged off Ford or Poole , I just feel that it's the worst elite league ever

i apologise it's just that the guy winds me up with his daft comments. Please accept though that I have not once slagged off Ford or Poole , I just feel that it's the worst elite league ever

Yes we get that, it's just the fact you feel the need to point it out non stop that gets tedious.

So its not anti Ford or anti Poole yet you choose to make your anti Elite comments on a Poole thread.

Let me just check the Lakeside v Kings Lynn thread after the 56-36 'hammering' on Friday for any similar comments?! Oh guess what - not a sign of anything similar nor any threads started by you about the EL and 'how bad you believe it to be'?!

ps. I hope you enjoyed the Ippo v Scunny meeting!

I didn't post on the Lakeside thread because Lakeside will not win and thrash people in most of their matches like Poole will is it that hard to understand? And no i didn't enjoy the Ipswich v Scunny match because the track was awful with no dirt. Don't have an issue losing I like to see good racing