British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v Wolves 25-03-16 Good Fiday

Using cement on a speedway track is a quick fix, but one that can cause problems in itself further down the line, especially if used in patches only... In my humble opinion..

It will Soon be 9am - can we expect a billowing of smoke from the National Stadium chimney to announce if the Good Friday fixture is on / 0ff?

Not worth BV issuing a statement, many have already made minds up, a statement will just add pages and page of forum comments.

Yes heaven forbid a club should keep the relevent fans informed with what's going on!

• Like 2

BV v Poole now 27th April - still live on Sky.

It would seem to be known yesterday afternoon that this meeting was off.

News obviously travels slowly to Edinburgh if it only got there yesterday afternoon ;) from Monday's meet-the-riders night at Cradley where West Midlands fans were told both Good Friday and Easter Monday (BV Colts v Cradley) were already off, prompting all sorts of scurrying from the Belle Vue end to find out how they knew :lol:

One golden rule of PR is that if you set yourself a time a couple of days ahead to update a sticky situation, for goodness sake have something, anything, the smallest shred of new information to keep any recovery ticking along at the appointed time.

Mind you, if your PR's so hopeless despite having the ear of folk like Philip Rising, I guess this morning's deafening silence becomes normal.

• Like 1

Thanks for that but a real pain as I had freed up next wednesday for the trip. So I take it they wont now be racing on Good Friday?

Why has this meeting for next week already been cancelled when BV are still hoping to run on Friday THIS week?!!....Is it all another attempt at face saving by BV and they already know that Fridays meeting will NOT take place but darent admit it yet?!!

• Like 1

Thanks for that but a real pain as I had freed up next wednesday for the trip. So I take it they wont now be racing on Good Friday?

Sorry to say the Belle Vue promotion are not fit for purpose and of all the promoters out there, these two just don't seem to have a clue how to keep fans in the loop regarding what the hell is going on. It's as if they would be doing us all a favour by letting us know, rather than making sure their most precious asset is kept fully up to date.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

It would seem to be known yesterday afternoon that this meeting was off.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=2325

Rico :rolleyes:

Blimey, PR eh, how many times are messages leaked ahead of 'official' announcements but this one appears official from Edinburgh - not their message to give. And it was by someone with a made up name as well - Toby Lerone, pull the other one :approve:

Edited by SPEEDY69

Lets be honest, from about day 2 of the whole National Speedway Stadium thing the PR has been abysmal. Promise that failed time and again, "big announcements" announced only to inform up some pictures would be in the local library but only the tiniest of whimpers when planning was attained and the day they start building.

If someone come to me looking for a job and told me they worked for BV speedway/the NSS I'd throw their CV in the bin and phone Comical Ali and see if he fancied a job!

Blimey, PR eh, how many times are messages leaked ahead of 'official' announcements but this one appears official from Edinburgh - not their message to give.

Given even basic PR standards at the messaging club, I'd say your etiquette is absolutely correct.

Given the near total absence of any PR standards at this particular messaging club, I don't blame Edinburgh (or Cradley, or the "live on Sky" section of that tv-network's website) on this occasion for covering their respective angles of the fallout from Saturday's fiasco without waiting for the go-ahead.

The continuing deafening silence from Belle Vue this morning simply reinforces Edinburgh/Cradley/Sky's attitude.

Belle Vue said they would release news on Wednesday, that today.

In the meantime we've had a mystery person at Cradley and Toby Lerone both give out "information".

The way you guys lap it up on here I can't help thinking that my Nigerian uncle can get himself out of his current finance problems. He's a prince you know.