British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Plymouth Remain Open!

Best Wishes to all at Plymouth lets hope that the problems can be fully resolved.

• Like 1

Just worth repeating!

Assuming there is a successful businessman or woman willing to take over the Devils, how-about the powers "that be" allow a Race meeting Plymouth v Somerset with all riders getting a sponsor to cover their cost & all others DONATING MINIMUM £20 to watch the meeting. I think 2,000 people could be rallied to support the cause allowing debts to be cleared! I know it's a big if????????????

• Like 2

Assuming there is a successful businessman or woman willing to take over the Devils, how-about the powers "that be" allow a Race meeting Plymouth v Somerset with all riders getting a sponsor to cover their cost & all others DONATING MINIMUM £20 to watch the meeting. I think 2,000 people could be rallied to support the cause allowing debts to be cleared! I know it's a big if????????????

Nice idea but if you can only attract 400 people at £15, how are you going to get 2000 at £20?

Nice idea but if you can only attract 400 people at £15, how are you going to get 2000 at £20?

Marketing for local support + speedway hardcore wanting to save the club.

Fingers crossed something happens on the positive side to keep Plymouth operational.

To my mind SOME of the Directors of Peninsula Promotions don't appreciate the nuances of company law, they believe that going into Receivershipp wipes out all the debts and they are home free NOT SO Directors are what is called jointly and severally responsible for the debts IF they have assets on a personal basis the receiver will demand the whole debt from one director, if by selling everything that Director cannot cover the complete debt they them move to another director for the outstanding balance and so on.

I understand it as impossible to discover who the debtors are last night well a couple of clues, one has the name of a well known former Plymouth car dealer who built Britains first circular self serve petrol station but now counts other peoples money. I was 69 on Wednesday but I didn't partake of the appropriately named scotch whisky, not even sure if you can still buy it, anyway drop the 69 from the brand name

scarra, on 25 Mar 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

sadly we all know £14000 is not enough to keep a speedway team alive for a season month

Edited for accuracy.

Long haul from Isle of Wight on a Thursday to Armadale on a Friday though!!

But I wish you well and hope that something can be saved for this season (and beyond).

Sadly IOW have solved that possible problem by dropping Perks in a reshuffle due to injury

Not a great few days for Ellis going from 2 teams to 0 - hope he gets fixed up somewhere

If there is to be any chance of saving Plymouth, it will require careful diplomatic governance by BSPA, bringing potential white knights to the table at the same time as knocking together the heads of the existing promotion for the good of the club, and the sport.

In his years as Chairman, Alex Harkess proved very good at brokering such arrangements -- a few more times than public knowledge has acknowledged -- and we have to hope, even pray the current Management Committee can find the same diplomacy and drive in this instance, which may be their first major test as a driving force for the good of British speedway.

Certainly tough luck for brendon Johnson and separately for Mr Perks.

Edited for accuracy.

sadly we all know £14000 is not enough to keep a speedway team alive for a season

I chaired last nights meeting. The money raised so far by supporters in one evening is colossal. The messages of support are colossal. the emergency committee fans, businessman, speedway community in general, BSPA support is colossal. We are overwhelmed with your support.

• Like 1

To my mind SOME of the Directors of Peninsula Promotions don't appreciate the nuances of company law, they believe that going into Receivershipp wipes out all the debts and they are home free NOT SO Directors are what is called jointly and severally responsible for the debts

That's not strictly correct...

To my mind SOME of the Directors of Peninsula Promotions don't appreciate the nuances of company law, they believe that going into Receivershipp wipes out all the debts and they are home free NOT SO Directors are what is called jointly and severally responsible for the debts IF they have assets on a personal basis the receiver will demand the whole debt from one director, if by selling everything that Director cannot cover the complete debt they them move to another director for the outstanding balance and so on.

I understand it as impossible to discover who the debtors are last night well a couple of clues, one has the name of a well known former Plymouth car dealer who built Britains first circular self serve petrol station but now counts other peoples money. I was 69 on Wednesday but I didn't partake of the appropriately named scotch whisky, not even sure if you can still buy it, anyway drop the 69 from the brand name

Directors cannot be held personally liable if it is a Ltd Company hence the Ltd bit meaning any liability against Directors personally is limited the only way debtors can go after them personally is if something untoward has taken place and submitted by the receiver in charge.

However if any of the Directors have given any written Personal Guarantees then that is a different matter.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3